ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Newman OV

Has anyone seen confirmation that he’s canceled his visit to IU?

Guarantee Newman still takes his visits to OhSt and Xavier. This deal isn't done. Just like how Armaan to Purdue clearly wasn't done either.
I will say, someone told me they were recruited differently that last few months. Not saying Purdue wouldn't have taken Franklin but from what I've heard Painter really has pushed for Newman the last few months. Maybe that effected his decision to come back to Indiana.

I got that. Just thought it was curious that ChoiceBeef said that "he isn't coming" to IU. Would a Purdue fan say that?
Yes a Purdue fan would say that because him cancelling his visit to IU makes it a two horse race between us and Xavier.

I realize the complexities here are difficult for you to understand.

So did Newman visit IU this weekend or not? Still never say anything confirming whether or not he did

Yes a Purdue fan would say that because him cancelling his visit to IU makes it a two horse race between us and Xavier.

I realize the complexities here are difficult for you to understand.
His point is that most Purdue fans would say "he isn't going" not "he isn't coming" to visit IU. Unless you live in Bloomington.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
His point is that most Purdue fans would say "he isn't going" not "he isn't coming" to visit IU. Unless you live in Bloomington.
Beef was saying what Rabjohns said. Since Rabjohns lives in Bloomington, Rabjohns said "he isn't coming". The troll police have lost their minds.

Reactions: bled1720
Reading comprehension? When writing about his planned visit to IU, you wrote "He isn't coming." How would a reading comprehension class help us understand that you meant something else? lol. Dummy.
Because he was clearly saying what Rabjohns said. I don't think you are as dimwitted as you are coming off with this argument. Troll.

Xavier just landed the commitment from another guard with a similar profile as Newman. Hope this helps us close the deal. If I’m Painter I’m heading back to see him and continue to sell.

Yes.....Sell.....Sell.

giphy.gif

Xavier just landed the commitment from another guard with a similar profile as Newman. Hope this helps us close the deal. If I’m Painter I’m heading back to see him and continue to sell.

One would think this would eliminate Xavier since he cut IU after Franklin went there. Maybe it's down to Purdue, OSU, and any blue bloods that jump in late?

My gold and black glasses don't see what he is waiting on though. With Cline graduating and the chance Carsen leaves early, there will be a ton of minutes opening up.

One would think this would eliminate Xavier since he cut IU after Franklin went there. Maybe it's down to Purdue, OSU, and any blue bloods that jump in late?

My gold and black glasses don't see what he is waiting on though. With Cline graduating and the chance Carsen leaves early, there will be a ton of minutes opening up.
I don't know what he's waiting for either. He left Montverde to come back to Valparaiso because his mother is sick and wanted to be closer to her. He supposedly said he wants to play close to home in college. This whole situation makes no sense to me from what has been said.

I don't know what he's waiting for either. He left Montverde to come back to Valparaiso because his mother is sick and wanted to be closer to her. He supposedly said he wants to play close to home in college. This whole situation makes no sense to me from what has been said.

Plus you add in that he was wearing a Purdue shirt at the Jr/Sr All Star game against Romeo and it makes you scratch your head even more. Hope he doesn't get away.

I still think he’s peeved due to the way he and Franklin were pitched together. Like others have said, options wise Purdue makes the most sense and then some. There’s an outside chance he starts as a freshman assuming Carsen leaves. Maybe he is holding out for a bigger offer, but he’s already taken his official and all his other school choices are signing kids that play his same position. Doesn’t make since.

I still think he’s peeved due to the way he and Franklin were pitched together. Like others have said, options wise Purdue makes the most sense and then some. There’s an outside chance he starts as a freshman assuming Carsen leaves. Maybe he is holding out for a bigger offer, but he’s already taken his official and all his other school choices are signing kids that play his same position. Doesn’t make since.
The one thing I might mildly critique CMP for on this one is the late offer. Quite a few other P5 schools offered before we did. Not sure what he was waiting for.

Reactions: nagemj02
I think you do not know what that word means that you use all the time.
I use troll all the time? Are you kidding me? A troll is someone who posts with the intention of getting under someone's skin. I don't think @BoilerAndy is ignorant enough to actually believe @ChoiceBeef is an IU guy. That means Andy's post was strictly a post trying to discredit a Purdue fan with a different opinion (troll post).

You are better than this.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT