ADVERTISEMENT

Brandon Newman OV

Is it just me or does the majority of this board prefer Newman to Franklin?

Ive never seen anyone on any board say they prefer Franklin over Newman. Pretty much everyone has stated they prefer Newman pver Franklin, including many IU fans after Franklin already committed.

Is it just me or does the majority of this board prefer Newman to Franklin?
It really depends on what the team needs. As an IU fan, I preferred Newman because of his shooting. He is the more college ready of the 2 at this point. Franklin has a higher upside, but will likely take a couple years to become a contributor.

It really depends on what the team needs. As an IU fan, I preferred Newman because of his shooting. He is the more college ready of the 2 at this point. Franklin has a higher upside, but will likely take a couple years to become a contributor.
I pretty much agree with this. Many said they were the same talent level but Newman a much better shooter. So I guess it is kind of a toss up. I also thought I saw that Newman was the better ball handler as well but may have that backwards.

I pretty much agree with this. Many said they were the same talent level but Newman a much better shooter. So I guess it is kind of a toss up. I also thought I saw that Newman was the better ball handler as well but may have that backwards.
From what I have read, Newman is an elite shooter and above average defender. He lacks ball handling, and creating his own shot. He is basically a "3 and D" guy.

Franklin is good at everything, but isn't elite or above average in anything. Franklin is considered the better athlete.

Again, I think the 3 and D guy would have been a better fit at IU.

Reactions: Mgkcbb
From what I have read, Newman is an elite shooter and above average defender. He lacks ball handling, and creating his own shot. He is basically a "3 and D" guy.

Franklin is good at everything, but isn't elite or above average in anything. Franklin is considered the better athlete.

Again, I think the 3 and D guy would have been a better fit at IU.

This is what Ive read as well. I actually really like Franklins game from videos, but literally everyone swears up and down Newman is better and prefers him.

Kid can shoot the rock...…..no doubt about it. He doesn't waste any time or motion......very deliberate. Calm player, it seems. Takes what you give him, but is cash from three!

Thank you for posting these. He can really stroke it. Really shows in the first video. 2nd video is him dumptrucking Romeo Langford over and over.

Ive never seen anyone on any board say they prefer Franklin over Newman. Pretty much everyone has stated they prefer Newman pver Franklin, including many IU fans after Franklin already committed.
Okay. That is my opinion based on mixtapes (for what they are worth).

Reactions: Mgkcbb
Again?

PS is he related to Frank?

Trying to recall. I know Frank had Kristoff and a daughter that went to ND on a LIlly scholly and part of me thinks there was a younger son...but just don't know. The ND handle is what caught my attention. There was an Emiel Kendrick that went to Central Catholic(probably that son), but does N.D. stand for ND or a name????

N.D. Kendrick established Pocket City Basketball in 2013. He has been heavily involved in grassroots basketball for 15+ years, helping countless student athletes work to achieve childhood goals. He has spent most of his adult life volunteering, scouting and consulting.

N.D. began traveling to Amateur Athletic Union and Independent prep tournaments in 2001, primarily in the Midwest, evaluating prospects and networking with college coaches and media members. After several years on the road and in the gym learning, he began to provide event recaps for prep sports publications and began to market his evaluations to college coaching staffs. The Hoops Window, a NCAA Certified Scouting Service was formed by N.D. Kendrick in 2004. With over 150+ schools subscribing to his evaluations, The Hoops Window became one of the top NCAA scouting services in the Midwest. During this time, he was writing recap articles for ESPN, Rivals.com, NBE, Recruit Recon, Hoopniks and several other National recruiting sites.

After relocating to the Evansville area from Ohio, he noticed that the area was littered with great young men with high character, and above all else, understood how to play the game. In 2013, he worked to form Pocket City Basketball, LLC to provide more college coach exposure opportunities for worthy young men and to provide a positive, competitive basketball environment for the athletes.
Trying to recall. I know Frank had Kristoff and a daughter that went to ND on a LIlly scholly and part of me thinks there was a younger son...but just don't know. The ND handle is what caught my attention. There was an Emiel Kendrick that went to Central Catholic(probably that son), but does N.D. stand for ND or a name????

Reactions: tjreese
N.D. Kendrick established Pocket City Basketball in 2013. He has been heavily involved in grassroots basketball for 15+ years, helping countless student athletes work to achieve childhood goals. He has spent most of his adult life volunteering, scouting and consulting.

N.D. began traveling to Amateur Athletic Union and Independent prep tournaments in 2001, primarily in the Midwest, evaluating prospects and networking with college coaches and media members. After several years on the road and in the gym learning, he began to provide event recaps for prep sports publications and began to market his evaluations to college coaching staffs. The Hoops Window, a NCAA Certified Scouting Service was formed by N.D. Kendrick in 2004. With over 150+ schools subscribing to his evaluations, The Hoops Window became one of the top NCAA scouting services in the Midwest. During this time, he was writing recap articles for ESPN, Rivals.com, NBE, Recruit Recon, Hoopniks and several other National recruiting sites.

After relocating to the Evansville area from Ohio, he noticed that the area was littered with great young men with high character, and above all else, understood how to play the game. In 2013, he worked to form Pocket City Basketball, LLC to provide more college coach exposure opportunities for worthy young men and to provide a positive, competitive basketball environment for the athletes.
http://pocketcitybasketball.com/staff/n-d-kendrick/

Emiel is the youngest son

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT