ADVERTISEMENT

2020 Schedule is brutal

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
5 home games with first game away game to UM. All B10 teams will struggle with this level of quality competition week after week.

Last year's adversity will payoff this season and allow this young team to grow together and rise up to the challenge.

BigTen- making football great again!

We really need to win against Iowa and Illinois. If we get those 2, we might get a winning record.

I don’t expect us to beat Wisconsin, OSU and Michigan. If we play them competitive or upset one I’d be happy.

The back half of the schedule is easier. Not a whole lot of easy wins.

We really need to win against Iowa and Illinois. If we get those 2, we might get a winning record.

I don’t expect us to beat Wisconsin, OSU and Michigan. If we play them competitive or upset one I’d be happy.

The back half of the schedule is easier. Not a whole lot of easy wins.
I'll actually take just surviving that starting stretch healthy. Rest of the season won't matter much if we are destroyed by injuries

I love this new challenging schedule. To effectively gauge your team you need to play the toughest competition possible to see where your team really stands. I know Coach Brohm doesn't back down from competition....he relishes it. It should be an interesting season to say the least. Let's hope we can stay relatively healthy so we can be competitive and effectively rotate guys in and out so we can finish out our fourth quarters strong. Boiler Up!!

Last edited:
I'll actually take just surviving that starting stretch healthy. Rest of the season won't matter much if we are destroyed by injuries
If we are destroyed by injuries to key players, I would agree that it will be like last year. We still don't have enough depth, except at WR, to withstand those key player injuries.

Also, we are stacked at offense to make this Basketball on Grass 2.0 this year. However, we still have to have an OL that will give the QB time to let the plays develop. If that happens, Rondale and David will be the best 1/2 WR punch in the BT.

The real pain in the ass with trying to gauge a team on the season is going to be dealing with the numbers of kids that either decide to sit out or get infected (whether or not they get seriously ill).

Like, any team could deal with the equivalent of the injury situation you all had last year, but only for like a game or two. So the Wisconsin team that Purdue would beat might be an entirely different team than the one that IU would beat. And of course that could go both ways, where PU gets wrecked by the bug for a week or two and gets whipped by NW while also upsetting Mich. when you're at full strength.

Gonna be a crazy year.

Reactions: Matt Tiger
OL is gong to take a nice step this season
I agree. A lot of people are already writing off the OL. But they showed a lot of progress last year and only lost one player of significance from the 2 deeps.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT