ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin is impressive

nime6

Junior
Dec 30, 2003
Still think Painter is part of the problem.
He can coach defense with the best of them but he is extremely lacking in offense.

Good coaches stop runs and get his team easy buckets out of timeouts. Painter did nothing to help the offense in the second halff. He'll blame the execution though on the players.

Nice regular season by the Boilermakers. They have the talent to win ithe big ten next year, if Hammons stays which seems likely.

On to the tourney.

Originally posted by nime6:
Still think Painter is part of the problem.
He can coach defense with the best of them but he is extremely lacking in offense.

Good coaches stop runs and get his team easy buckets out of timeouts. Painter did nothing to help the offense in the second halff. He'll blame the execution though on the players.

Nice regular season by the Boilermakers. They have the talent to win ithe big ten next year, if Hammons stays which seems likely.

On to the tourney.
Painter should have used his pixie dust to give some of our players extra height along with an extra year or two of experience.
What a horrible coaching decision!

I agree with the OP's subject line.

Wisconsin is just damn good......and well coached.

I will take some crow because early on this year, I didn't see the Boilers making the NCAA field. Credit CMP and the guys for turning things around....just got "schooled" in that second half.

He had a great game plan. Wisconsin adjusted and Hammons was mentally taken out of the game, and the shots stopped falling. Wisconsin beats everybody, not much you can do

Wisky was called for 5 fouls last night. 5 friggin fouls!!! And got a huge bit of help from the refs today. Tourney refs won't be so kind. Over rated!

Originally posted by jwardelt:
What refs were these today? Preseason refs?
IMO, this was a league trying to make sure one of their own secures a #1 seed in the NCAA. That was 2 of the worst officiated games (as a whole) I've seen in a long time in regards to Wisconsin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT