ADVERTISEMENT

Was reading an article on the B10 Tournament seeding and thought this comment was funny...

Woodsa

Redshirt Freshman
Jul 18, 2004
SB Nation via MSN (which stands for main stream non-sense I think)

First, the PURDUE write up...
Purdue trailed by six at halftime in Champagne, but Zach Edey and the Boilermakers are inevitable. The win against the Illini gave Matt Painter’s squad a second consecutive outright Big Ten regular season title – an especially impressive feat in a conference that hasn’t had another back-to-back regular season champion in 17 years. Purdue will travel to Minneapolis as a heavy favorite to win the Big Ten Tournament and with a one-seed all but locked up.

But as I read through the article, this was the right up on little brother...
The Hoosiers fit a very similar profile to the Buckeyes. IU appears to finally be hitting its stride with their first back-to-back wins since they took down the gauntlet of Alabama State and Kennesaw State in December, but it will most likely be too little too late. However, a home win against a reeling Wisconsin side is a very solid notch on the resumé, and I could absolutely see the Hoosiers stealing a game or two in Minneapolis.

If you didn't catch it or find the humor, then let me help you...Purdue has played and won against some 8 top 25 talent teams, both at home, neutral, and away courts. The gauntlet at Maui was impressive by everyone's account. But, to say "Alabama State and Kennesaw State" is a gauntlet is laugh-out-loud funny and makes IU (and by extension) the B10 look silly (no disrespect to Alabama State or Kennesaw State). I also don't think this is a ringing endorsement either... "home win against a reeling Wisconsin side is a very solid notch on the resumé".

If your program is going to schedule light weight non-conference teams and call them a gauntlet, then you are truly lost and will never be competitive against true top 10 or B10 talent. In their defense, IU did not write the article and I suspect SB Nation was stretching to find something positive to say.

• Wow
Reactions: BoilerAndy
SB Nation via MSN (which stands for main stream non-sense I think)

First, the PURDUE write up...
Purdue trailed by six at halftime in Champagne, but Zach Edey and the Boilermakers are inevitable. The win against the Illini gave Matt Painter’s squad a second consecutive outright Big Ten regular season title – an especially impressive feat in a conference that hasn’t had another back-to-back regular season champion in 17 years. Purdue will travel to Minneapolis as a heavy favorite to win the Big Ten Tournament and with a one-seed all but locked up.

But as I read through the article, this was the right up on little brother...
The Hoosiers fit a very similar profile to the Buckeyes. IU appears to finally be hitting its stride with their first back-to-back wins since they took down the gauntlet of Alabama State and Kennesaw State in December, but it will most likely be too little too late. However, a home win against a reeling Wisconsin side is a very solid notch on the resumé, and I could absolutely see the Hoosiers stealing a game or two in Minneapolis.

If you didn't catch it or find the humor, then let me help you...Purdue has played and won against some 8 top 25 talent teams, both at home, neutral, and away courts. The gauntlet at Maui was impressive by everyone's account. But, to say "Alabama State and Kennesaw State" is a gauntlet is laugh-out-loud funny and makes IU (and by extension) the B10 look silly (no disrespect to Alabama State or Kennesaw State). I also don't think this is a ringing endorsement either... "home win against a reeling Wisconsin side is a very solid notch on the resumé".

If your program is going to schedule light weight non-conference teams and call them a gauntlet, then you are truly lost and will never be competitive against true top 10 or B10 talent. In their defense, IU did not write the article and I suspect SB Nation was stretching to find something positive to say.
Oh, I think many will see the sarcasm

"the Boilermakers are inevitable"

Shoulda gone for the head. Snap.

Now that they know Woody is coming back next year, they're playing with a lot of, um, confidence.

Oh, I think many will see the sarcasm
I hope. I honestly couldn't image writing that with a straight face. I was chuckling just recapping it.
Good time to be a Boiler Basketball fan.

Lets hope Football does well to carry us through the BB offseason.

Reactions: tjreese
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT