ADVERTISEMENT

Will team make NCAA tournament

I'd rather play the young guys who actually are going to help this program in the future, take the ups and downs, and maybe not make the tournament....rather than play with these role players who are just that, again maybe make the tourney and get bounced round 1. Then come into next year in the same spot except without Carsen.
Every player on every team is a role player...you just mean "limited role players" I think

I appreciate the encouraging words, but after years and years of not getting past the sweet 16 my patience is wearing thin. With Painter’s second round of recruiting misses, this program is set back a few years. Painter is not a good enough coach to a Purdue team historically with average to good talent pass the sweet sixteen. Losing to Ark Little Rock, and others really did it in for me with Painter.
I hear you, especially on the recruiting front. As an IU fan, the post RMK years (hell even the latter RMK yrs) and coaching debacles opened the doors for Izzo, K, Self, Matta and others to grab the best talent the state had to offer. I'm sure you have done this many times already but imagine your Boilers over the past 10 yrs with Harris, GRob3, McGary, Dawson, Z Irvin, one of the Zellers... coming to WLaf. And some those guys should have wanted to be Boilers. IF they had, you would have seen at least one final 4 if not more. Playing for IU or Purdue doesn't appeal to kids the way it did decades ago. Has made it tougher for both programs. and tougher for older fans like me to understand and accept.

Recruiting is like a big heavy freight train...once it gets going, the momentum keeps it going. Once it stops, it's not easy getting the momentum back.

I hear you, especially on the recruiting front. As an IU fan, the post RMK years (hell even the latter RMK yrs) and coaching debacles opened the doors for Izzo, K, Self, Matta and others to grab the best talent the state had to offer. I'm sure you have done this many times already but imagine your Boilers over the past 10 yrs with Harris, GRob3, McGary, Dawson, Z Irvin, one of the Zellers... coming to WLaf. And some those guys should have wanted to be Boilers. IF they had, you would have seen at least one final 4 if not more. Playing for IU or Purdue doesn't appeal to kids the way it did decades ago. Has made it tougher for both programs. and tougher for older fans like me to understand and accept.

Recruiting is like a big heavy freight train...once it gets going, the momentum keeps it going. Once it stops, it's not easy getting the momentum back.
Spot on. Many years ago it meant something. Takes a special coach and staff to real them in. Kinda like Brohm is doing in Football. It can be done.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT