ADVERTISEMENT

Morton commits to Colorado State

Seriously. No idea. They were the Aggies until 1957, when they also switched from Colorado A&M to Colorado State. They wore orange and alfalfa green back then.

Reactions: seminolesboilers
Seriously. No idea. They were the Aggies until 1957, when they also switched from Colorado A&M to Colorado State. They wore orange and alfalfa green back then.
we also lost to them in the early 2000's on a last second shot if I recall

So dug a bit into CSU because I don’t follow the mountain west. Had a good run last season, beating 3/4 ranked teams they played. They played a lineup of mostly tall guards/ small front court. Their top 5 scorers were academic seniors, but who knows what that means. I’d assume Morton will have a role as a mentor, but also the opportunity to prove what he became on the court. Next year I will be enjoying some Duke (cough, choke, gag) and CSU games when Boilers aren’t on.

So dug a bit into CSU because I don’t follow the mountain west. Had a good run last season, beating 3/4 ranked teams they played. They played a lineup of mostly tall guards/ small front court. Their top 5 scorers were academic seniors, but who knows what that means. I’d assume Morton will have a role as a mentor, but also the opportunity to prove what he became on the court. Next year I will be enjoying some Duke (cough, choke, gag) and CSU games when Boilers aren’t on.
The Mountain West was really good at beating each other and St. Mary's last year. No bad losses, but the top of the conference all looked about the same as each other. Nobody outperformed in the tournament and a couple looked really bad, like Utah State against Purdue. Hard to really know if any of them were really any good in the end.

Wish Ethan the best. I'm sure he'll be a mentor like you said, especially if the team is younger.

Reactions: pboiler18
The Mountain West was really good at beating each other and St. Mary's last year. No bad losses, but the top of the conference all looked about the same as each other. Nobody outperformed in the tournament and a couple looked really bad, like Utah State against Purdue. Hard to really know if any of them were really any good in the end.

Wish Ethan the best. I'm sure he'll be a mentor like you said, especially if the team is younger.
Given his resume and his personality with all that drive, the ability to reflect, and always improve his teammates, I’d hire him even if I was Dan Hurley, coach of last season’s most successful program.

Where else are you going to get someone with his maturity who over the years contributed significantly to so many starts and minutes for such highly ranked teams, and was continually cited by his coach as having such a team-affecting impact?

The fact that his minutes were limited this past season was due to the unique logjam across all positions that a team apparently gets when two of its more unheralded recruits become the best in the country at their respective positions (SG, C).

That just doesn’t happen, and for anything but that unfathomable scenario he would’ve had a continuing role as a starter at any other top ranked team.

Last edited:
"With 0.7 remaining on the game clock and trailing by one point, the Colorado State men's basketball team pulled off the improbable, hitting a three-pointer at the buzzer to defeat 21st-ranked Purdue, 71-69 in front of 5,335 fans in Moby Arena." 12/30/2003

"With 0.7 remaining on the game clock and trailing by one point, the Colorado State men's basketball team pulled off the improbable, hitting a three-pointer at the buzzer to defeat 21st-ranked Purdue, 71-69 in front of 5,335 fans in Moby Arena." 12/30/2003
Didn't we even have the ball too? Something was really messed up about the end of that game. I remember we were at a bowl game but can't remember where. El Paso?

Didn't we even have the ball too? Something was really messed up about the end of that game. I remember we were at a bowl game but can't remember where. El Paso?
Good memory:

Michael Morris hit two 3-pointers in the final seven-tenths of a second, rallying Colorado State to a miraculous 71-69 win over No. 21 Purdue on Tuesday night in Fort Collins, Colo.

Colorado State (7-4) trailed 69-65 in the waning seconds before Morris hit a 3-pointer with 0.7 seconds left.

The Rams then deflected Purdue's inbounds pass, and Morris put up a desperation 3-pointer from just beyond the arc that swished at the buzzer.

The furious finish erased a comeback by Purdue (9-3), which trailed 56-43 with 10 minutes left but led 69-63 lead with 10 seconds to go.

Good memory:

Michael Morris hit two 3-pointers in the final seven-tenths of a second, rallying Colorado State to a miraculous 71-69 win over No. 21 Purdue on Tuesday night in Fort Collins, Colo.

Colorado State (7-4) trailed 69-65 in the waning seconds before Morris hit a 3-pointer with 0.7 seconds left.

The Rams then deflected Purdue's inbounds pass, and Morris put up a desperation 3-pointer from just beyond the arc that swished at the buzzer.

The furious finish erased a comeback by Purdue (9-3), which trailed 56-43 with 10 minutes left but led 69-63 lead with 10 seconds to go.

Not so sure it is a good memory.

Capital One Bowl - New Year's Day in Orlando. A good friend and fellow alum and I were there in Orlando a couple days early and like some others who have posted thought Purdue had pulled it out. We never saw any highlights and couldn't imagine EVEN FOR PURDUE - how do you lose up 6 with 10 seconds left? Haha.

Welp....here's how.

Naturally, Purdue teases again almost pulling a rabbit out of the hat against Georgia only to lose in OT.

Last edited:
Glad he landed at a decent program. Hope he can find his shot again from sophomore year and be all conference!
What's the likelihood of someone who 0.6 points, 0.9 rebounds and 1.1 assists going to a Top 6 conference and becoming all-conference? It just ain't gonna happen. Wouldn't be surprised if he played less than the 10 minutes he did this past season.

Wager for Charity?
No. But he just isn't good. That's why he only played 10mpg this past season because there were finally better options for Painter to go with. Does anyone understand what it would take for him to become All-conference in the MWC? Morton couldn't be all-conference in the MAAC.

• Haha
No. But he just isn't good. That's why he only played 10mpg this past season because there were finally better options for Painter to go with. Does anyone understand what it would take for him to become All-conference in the MWC? Morton couldn't be all-conference in the MAAC.
Gabe Cupps would be an excellent 7th man in the MAAC.

• Haha
Reactions: Do Dah Day
lol go ahead talk crap but you can’t back it up when someone calls you out on it…

Having better options on a Final Four team equates to "he just isn't good"?

And even for how bad Cupps played, still better than Morton.
Morton would shut him down so fast and blow by that kid…but it’d be great to see that 1 on 1 action. Cupps is now recruited over and probably will transfer next year, as will Newton, as they are both about to not see much mins, unless in mop up duty.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT