ADVERTISEMENT

Trey Kaufman-Renn tried to ground himself in 5th grade for forgetting to take out the trash.

Abugabby

Junior
Jun 1, 2001
“I was looking at last year at this time, like we had such a good team, and where was I going to find a role to help this team win?” he said. “That’s what I thought about a lot during the offseason, how I can just help the team win and improve?”

Kaufman-Renn went on to say — and a reminder this is coming from the former Gatorade Player of the Year and Mr. Basketball runner-up — that he’s “lucky to find a role” on such a good team.

Painter brings up the word “confidence” when talking about Kaufman-Renn, who is an analytical thinker. His mother, Lara Renn, once described her son as his own toughest critic, citing the time in fifth grade he tried to ground himself for forgetting to take out the trash.

The confidence thing is pretty easy for me to spot. Son is an analytical thinker and a great athlete in his playing days. Always had issues with confidence. Now I can spot it a mile away. When players look a little confused at times its the lack of self confidence that does it.

It sounds as if he takes a philosophical approach to life.
He seems a very interesting guy. Well spoken, thoughtful in what he says.(seemingly, little exposure)
I really like TKR and Furst playing together, always have. They seem kind of "in unison" when playing together.
Open to them being 1-2 at center, but I think Caleb plays more effectively when paired with Trey and i'm not sure either is big enough to man the paint by themselves defensively.

He seems a very interesting guy. Well spoken, thoughtful in what he says.(seemingly, little exposure)
I really like TKR and Furst playing together, always have. They seem kind of "in unison" when playing together.
Open to them being 1-2 at center, but I think Caleb plays more effectively when paired with Trey and i'm not sure either is big enough to man the paint by themselves defensively.
Yes, well-spoken for sure. Seems pretty intellectual.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT