ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happened to

Yes but shortest race is 100 meters.

My understanding is that he'll turn 20 sometime this spring or early summer, possibly before graduation day. Is that accurate? Whatever the reply, why is he 19/20 and still in high school? Did his parents hold him back a year(or 2) for athletic purposes?

looking at that list, what a surprise Minny gets the biggest OL on it although Holtz is close. Also Tulane shows up on it getting 2 players.

Don't believe that Purdue ever had any interest in the OL from Merrillville.

It’s not really subjective. One of the 2 has better short area quickness, and it is Charlie. But I obviously can’t prove that to you at this point. Maybe if they both end up getting invited to the combine someday.
The only "combine" that they'll ever wind up together at...is the one sitting out on the back 40......

Reactions: jindy
My understanding is that he'll turn 20 sometime this spring or early summer, possibly before graduation day. Is that accurate? Whatever the reply, why is he 19/20 and still in high school? Did his parents hold him back a year(or 2) for athletic purposes?
This has already been discussed.

I thought I heard he was on the track team. They time those races, do they not?

I have no doubt that he is fast in the 100m... 100m and 40m are not the same thing. 100m speed and agility/quickness/elusiveness are not the same thing. I do not see how track team speed is relevant here. He is not slot receiver or a receiving back... those are the positions that benefit most from track speed in the open field.

Not anymore pointless than you or me saying Carsen was quicker than PJ. It’s just a reality that anyone can see.

And it’s not a different situation: 10 yard dash, cone drill, or short shuttle, here to the foul line and back, whatever- Charlie just has more of a burst. About 50 posters have noticed that Horvath is slow to hit the hole, no matter which gap he’s trying to hit.
Gotta admit that when I read "is slow to hit the hole" my mind drifted...

Reactions: jindy and Purdue85
I have no doubt that he is fast in the 100m... 100m and 40m are not the same thing. 100m speed and agility/quickness/elusiveness are not the same thing. I do not see how track team speed is relevant here. He is not slot receiver or a receiving back... those are the positions that benefit most from track speed in the open field.

But some supporters have claimed that he does have open field/tailback like speed. A better event would be the hurdles - highs somewhat but lows even better(the longer distance includes strength & power along with straight line speed). Purdue has had a couple LB recruits who excelled in the hurdles in the past.

But some supporters have claimed that he does have open field/tailback like speed. A better event would be the hurdles - highs somewhat but lows even better(the longer distance includes strength & power along with straight line speed). Purdue has had a couple LB recruits who excelled in the hurdles in the past.
This. Plus we’re not talking world class 100 meters. If he’s a legit 4.5 40 and not able to compete in the 100 at the high school level in Indiana, that is barely D1 fullback top end speed. Probably explains the lack of offers.

This. Plus we’re not talking world class 100 meters. If he’s a legit 4.5 40 and not able to compete in the 100 at the high school level in Indiana, that is barely D1 fullback top end speed. Probably explains the lack of offers.
All I found was he was part of the 4x100 meter relay team that ran a 45.45. It was his first year running track FWIW.

All I found was he was part of the 4x100 meter relay team that ran a 45.45. It was his first year running track FWIW.

If we're to go by the arguments in this thread, he's D1 speed.

If that's the case, (and I understand he has 3 other relay teammates) that's not all that great. Lots of others waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of them. As in the 41 to 42 range.

But, much better than I would have done.

(*sigh*... maybe he would have beaten Horvath...)

If we're to go by the arguments in this thread, he's D1 speed.

If that's the case, (and I understand he has 3 other relay teammates) that's not all that great. Lots of others waaaaaaaaaaaay ahead of them. As in the 41 to 42 range.

But, much better than I would have done.

(*sigh*... maybe he would have beaten Horvath...)
Again- he doesn’t have long speed and never claimed he did. He’s a short, thick powerful kid, with initial quickness and explosion, not a long strider like you see winning 100 meter races.

No offers. 60 Power 5 head coaches, their assistants, and their recruiting coordinators all can’t be wrong. Only his 2 relatives in here think he is D1
Wrong again. Never met the kid or his family. Heck, they’ve only lived here for a year and a half.

You must cut their lawn or something. You clearly have an agenda to get this kid a big schollie. That’s fine but don’t deny it.
Nope, and he certainly doesn’t need a scholarship. Parents are loaded. He could walk on and pay the sticker price at ND for 4 years and they wouldn’t miss it.

Just pushing back against lazy, uninformed narratives.

Reactions: pb1941
28% of the scholarship roster are receivers(NOT including tight ends) and DB's(CB/S). He's not faster than any one of them, let alone Fuller, Hewitt, Dorue and possibly other running backs. There are also likely TE's and LB's who are faster. Heck, even a couple of QB's and even P/K are possibly faster. Your claim is ridiculous.[
Nope, and he certainly doesn’t need a scholarship. Parents are loaded. He could walk on and pay the sticker price at ND for 4 years and they wouldn’t miss it.

It`s like feeding a squirrel,they come the next day for more.

I guess my laziness is the actual cause of this highly talented kid not having any big offers?. You have yet to answer that pretty basic question. With all his talent, playing against great competition, and putting up great numbers, and confirmed 4.5 speed ( so you say), why aren’t the offers there? Are all 60-ish Power 5 head coaches, their assistants that recruit this area, recruiting coordinators....all wrong? All of them? Good family, good grades, no off field issues. Sounds all perfect. Why no offers???! Simple question that you don’t have the answer to. And by the way, I love how you say in one post “ I don’t know thee family “ and follow it up with “ they are loaded”. Really? How do you know? You just told on yourself Uncle Pal!!!

I guess my laziness is the actual cause of this highly talented kid not having any big offers?. You have yet to answer that pretty basic question. With all his talent, playing against great competition, and putting up great numbers, and confirmed 4.5 speed ( so you say), why aren’t the offers there? Are all 60-ish Power 5 head coaches, their assistants that recruit this area, recruiting coordinators....all wrong? All of them? Good family, good grades, no off field issues. Sounds all perfect. Why no offers???! Simple question that you don’t have the answer to. And by the way, I love how you say in one post “ I don’t know thee family “ and follow it up with “ they are loaded”. Really? How do you know? You just told on yourself Uncle Pal!!!
It happens. No one wanted Aaron Rodgers out of high school. Not that I’m saying Charlie should be offered by us.

It is well documented in the news that the Spegal family has won the lottery twice.

Reactions: New Pal Boiler
It is well documented in the news that the Spegal family has won the lottery twice.
Guess I don’t follow the lottery results in Indiana and see that a prospective D2 kids family has won. Uncle Pal shouldn’t worry so much then about pimping this kid out. He can go to any school he wants, walk on, flash his talent, and earn his schollie if he is good enough. As talented as you say he is, he should only have to come out of pocket that first semester. Maybe not even that if he has a great summer.

Reactions: jindy
It happens. No one wanted Aaron Rodgers out of high school. Not that I’m saying Charlie should be offered by us.

Rodgers didn't turn 18 until after the completion of his senior season of high school. He still had time to grow and develop and grew 4 inches and added 30+ pounds after high school. Nobody was really interested in a 5'10", 165 pound QB, which likely explains at least partly his lack of offers as a high school senior.

Rodgers didn't turn 18 until after the completion of his senior season of high school. He still had time to grow and develop and grew 4 inches and added 30+ pounds after high school. Nobody was really interested in a 5'10", 165 pound QB, which likely explains at least partly his lack of offers as a high school senior.
Fine. There are lots of other examples of guys who didn’t have P5 scholarship offers right out of high school, who went on to great college careers and/or the NFL.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT