ADVERTISEMENT

Whatever happened to

IUhaterade

Senior
May 18, 2015
the star RB- think his name was Spegal. Have not heard anything about him in weeks. I was told that it was gonna be all over this board when he finally got a P5 scholarship offer so I can only assume that it has not happened.

Reactions: pboiler18
9700ff5255003108cbb1c7b49e666637.gif

the star RB- think his name was Spegal. Have not heard anything about him in weeks. I was told that it was gonna be all over this board when he finally got a P5 scholarship offer so I can only assume that it has not happened.
Just like Terminator, "I'll be back". It isn't December yet.

There are too many soon to be coaching carousel changes, too many soon to be high profile RB de-commitments, and those RB's that are just too stupid to make the grades (Charlie has 3.36 GPA). If New Pal High School coach Kyle Ralph is talking to coaches, it will not surprise me that Charlie Spegal is not committing as he is awaiting options. I've read that Wisconsin and Michigan along with a few others have inquired about Charlie's services. I'm patient to see how it plays out.

I've also read that he has had a 4.53 forty when he ran track. "IF" that is true, a 4.6 speed would be more than enough to get a P5 offer for a new P5 coach or a coach that needs a plan B back due to a de-commit. That might be a big "IF". I do not know that. Could be fake news for all I know. Would like to think if H.C. Kyle Ralph said it, that it is true.
http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/2...ading_scorer_enjoying_recruitment_experience/

Last edited:

There are too many soon to be coaching carousel changes, too many soon to be high profile RB de-commitments, and those RB's that are just too stupid to make the grades. If New Pal High School coach Kyle Ralph is talking to coaches, it will not surprise me that Charlie Spegal is not committing as he is awaiting options. I've read that Wisconsin and Michigan along with a few others have inquired about Charlie's services. I'm patient to see how it plays out.

I've also read that he has had a 4.53 forty when he ran track. "IF" that is true, a 4.6 speed would be more than enough to get a P5 offer for a new P5 coach or a coach that needs a plan B back due to a de-commit. That might be a big "IF". I do not know that. Could be fake news for all I know. Would like to think if H.C. Kyle Ralph said it, that it is true.
http://www.greenfieldreporter.com/2...ading_scorer_enjoying_recruitment_experience/
I expect he will be the star of the New Pal track team with that kind of speed! A 4.53 forty equates to about a 11.0 to 11.1 100m.

2018-19 Warren Sectional
Boys 100 Meter Dash Finals

1 Hodge, Jordan 12 Warren Central 11.15
2 Echols, Romeo 12 Beech Grove 11.37
3 Price, Elijah 11 Warren Central 11.37
4 Miltz, Collin 11 Shelbyville 11.42
5 Knowles, Richard 12 Triton Central 11.46
6 Large, Ryker 11 New Palestine 11.56
7 Austin, Blake 10 New Palestine 11.58
8 Garnett, Aaron 9 Roncalli 11.63

Reactions: jindy

There are too many soon to be coaching carousel changes, too many soon to be high profile RB de-commitments, and those RB's that are just too stupid to make the grades (Charlie has 3.36 GPA). If New Pal High School coach Kyle Ralph is talking to coaches, it will not surprise me that Charlie Spegal is not committing as he is awaiting options. I've read that Wisconsin and Michigan along with a few others have inquired about Charlie's services. I'm patient to see how it plays out.

Re-read the article - it's EASTERN Michigan, not Michigan.

Why does it seem like you're stalking this kid? I wouldn't be surprised to find out you have a worn game jersey. (Or some other soiled article.)

Dude.

my son will be recruiting him for his new Division 1 team next week.

hahaha #Winning

I expect he will be the star of the New Pal track team with that kind of speed! A 4.53 forty equates to about a 11.0 to 11.1 100m.

2018-19 Warren Sectional
Boys 100 Meter Dash Finals

1 Hodge, Jordan 12 Warren Central 11.15
2 Echols, Romeo 12 Beech Grove 11.37
3 Price, Elijah 11 Warren Central 11.37
4 Miltz, Collin 11 Shelbyville 11.42
5 Knowles, Richard 12 Triton Central 11.46
6 Large, Ryker 11 New Palestine 11.56
7 Austin, Blake 10 New Palestine 11.58
8 Garnett, Aaron 9 Roncalli 11.63
As you can see from the link, I’m quoting the article.

New Palestine? I thought Spegal was based out of Elwood.

Or is that Klu Klux Klan I'm thinking of?

Why does it seem like you're stalking this kid? I wouldn't be surprised to find out you have a worn game jersey. (Or some other soiled article.)

Dude.
You can Kiss my ass for that comment. There are too many Aidon O’Connell type players that barely get noticed and you, Jindy and others think only black dudes can carry the rock. Think again! By your standards, Mike Alstott at 4.7 sec 40 would have been a shitty player.

Last edited:
Reactions: pb1941
You can Kiss my ass for that comment. There are too many Aidon O’Connell type players that barely get noticed and you, Jindy and others think only black dudes can carry the rock. Think again! By your standards, Mike Alstott at 4.7 sec 40 would have been a shitty player.

You're off the rails again - I've never posted a thing about "black dudes" and you're being a jerk to claim so. I have seen this kid play and he doesn't deserve a Purdue offer(and since this is a PURDUE board, that's all that really matters).

Re-read the article - it's EASTERN Michigan, not Michigan.
Thanks for clarification. It must have been the detail where I saw WISCONSIN has interest in him at RB. I understand Purdue wants a out of state kid rated by some rating service that gives stars to a NY kid that had a challenging upbringing. Good for us.
Honest yet hypothetical question at this point: If IU or other Big Ten gives him a scholarship and Charlie pounds it up our backside, how happy will you be?

You and I both know the young man has the strength, mental toughness, grades and most of all performance at RB that can do this for another P5 school. Everyone says PWO, I think there will be a school that takes that chance based on input from his head coach Kyle Ralph. Once they win their next state championship and other coaches are watching, something will happen for Charlie.

BTW, I will clarify, I'm not related to the young man nor am I from New Palestine area. I just know that he is being grossly overlooked just like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers as mentioned previously. The numbers of high school players to college players is likely 1000 to 1. I think Charlie is that gem. You do not. We'll just agree to disagree.

You're off the rails again - I've never posted a thing about "black dudes" and you're being a jerk to claim so. I have seen this kid play and he doesn't deserve a Purdue offer(and since this is a PURDUE board, that's all that really matters).
Choo Choo this is the light in the tunnel coming at you in December! I'm right on track.

Thanks for clarification. It must have been the detail where I saw WISCONSIN has interest in him at RB. I understand Purdue wants a out of state kid rated by some rating service that gives stars to a NY kid that had a challenging upbringing. Good for us.
Honest yet hypothetical question at this point: If IU or other Big Ten gives him a scholarship and Charlie pounds it up our backside, how happy will you be?

You and I both know the young man has the strength, mental toughness, grades and most of all performance at RB that can do this for another P5 school. Everyone says PWO, I think there will be a school that takes that chance based on input from his head coach Kyle Ralph. Once they win their next state championship and other coaches are watching, something will happen for Charlie.

BTW, I will clarify, I'm not related to the young man nor am I from New Palestine area. I just know that he is being grossly overlooked just like Drew Brees, Aaron Rodgers as mentioned previously. The numbers of high school players to college players is likely 1000 to 1. I think Charlie is that gem. You do not. We'll just agree to disagree.

Brees had 2 P5 offers and Rodgers grew 4 inches and added 45 pounds after his senior year of high school - not even close to the same thing as a soon to be 20 year old high schooler. And the kid who has already committed to Purdue is much higher rated(and has actual P5 offers) for a reason and it's not because of his "challenging upbringing ".
Your hypothetical situation ain't going to happen.
Finally....walk-on.

Brees had 2 P5 offers and Rodgers grew 4 inches and added 45 pounds after his senior year of high school - not even close to the same thing as a soon to be 20 year old high schooler. And the kid who has already committed to Purdue is much higher rated(and has actual P5 offers) for a reason and it's not because of his "challenging upbringing ".
Finally....walk-on.
Walk on by your standards, scholarship to P5 school somewhere by my standards. I'm patient. There are two signing periods, several coaching changes and player de-commitments.
You are likely sitting pretty at this point as it has not happened. I'm rolling the dice saying it will.

Walk on by your standards, scholarship to P5 school somewhere by my standards. I'm patient. There are two signing periods, several coaching changes and player de-commitments.
You are likely sitting pretty at this point as it has not happened. I'm rolling the dice saying it will.

Keep going, as we all know that you will.

Walk-on

Final thought for peace tonight. I’m going to the Purdue vs NW game in Evanston. I’ll be rooting for Purdue and AOC. I’ll be wondering in the back of my mind about him as a PWO and how many other Div I colleges with so so QB’s would love to have had an accurate passer? Hope AOC brings us a win. There is common ground. Peace...out!

Reactions: Dandelion1972

LOL!

You don't take well to a friendly jab!

Dude... let it go. He'll get an offer, or not. Right now, every recruiter, head coach, and all their moms/grandmothers/aunts/neices have heard of Charlie and only 2 programs have offered. Maybe he gets a P5, maybe not.

No, I'm not going to kiss your @ss. You've got that covered.

My son is about to become a college coach at a rival division 1 school. Details to follow when it becomes official. Fingers crossed.
Good luck to him. My daughter just finished her Collegiate Soccer career and will be looking to coach albeit at High School level next year.

Finally....walk-on.
Brees had only 1 offer from Kentucky till Coach Tiller came to town. That was late in the recruiting cycle. He did not have the Purdue offer till December timeframe. I’ve read about every Drew Brees article published since his debut against USC.
I’ll be back when a P5 offer comes thru. I’m glad you saw him play. Will make your righteous evaluation sting that much more when you are wrong.

Last edited:
Brees has only 1 offer from Kentucky till Coach Tiller came to town. That was late in the recruiting cycle. He did not have the Purdue offer till December timeframe. I’ve read about every Drew Brees article published since his debut against USC.

So Brees had TWO P5 offers before signing day?!? This despite his serious knee injury, which caused many schools to back off recruiting him. Yeah, that's a reasonable comparison (tic, in case you don't understand).

Your boy? Walk on if he wants to come to Purdue. Otherwise, doesn't matter.

Reactions: Purdue85
Brees had only 1 offer from Kentucky till Coach Tiller came to town. That was late in the recruiting cycle. He did not have the Purdue offer till December timeframe. I’ve read about every Drew Brees article published since his debut against USC.
I’ll be back when a P5 offer comes thru. I’m glad you saw him play. Will make your righteous evaluation sting that much more when you are wrong.

Him MAYBE getting an offer somewhere won't make anything "sting" - I really don't give a damn. He won't be getting an offer from Purdue, and that's what I've been saying all along. And it's what matters here, since this is a PURDUE board.

Oh yeah - at Purdue: walk-on.

Him MAYBE getting an offer somewhere won't make anything "sting" - I really don't give a damn. He won't be getting an offer from Purdue, and that's what I've been saying all along. And it's what matters here, since this is a PURDUE board.

Give you credit. You are consistent and stubborn.

I would think a board such as this would be interested in discussing a player even if he is not coming to Purdue! There’s always a lot of discussion about basketball players Painter isn’t recruiting!

If you know for sure that he won`t get an offer from Purdue,YOU MUST BE THE WHISTLEBLOWER.I`m going to call Trump as soon as I take a dump.....

What ever happened to predictability?
The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV.

Everywhere you look (everywhere you go)
There's a heart (there's a heart)
A hand to hold onto.

There's a face
Of somebody who needs you.

When you're lost out there and you're all alone,
A light is waiting to carry you home,
Everywhere you look.

doo-boo-doo-bop-ba-daa

What ever happened to predictability?
The milkman, the paperboy, evening TV.

There's a heart (there's a heart)
A hand to hold onto.

There's a face
Of somebody who needs you.

When you're lost out there and you're all alone,
A light is waiting to carry you home,
Everywhere you look.

doo-boo-doo-bop-ba-daa
Back to the topic at hand: Charlie passed 10,000 yards for his career last night in a 49-14 beat down of Franklin. Up next : Cathedral !!!

Back to the topic at hand: Charlie passed 10,000 yards for his career last night in a 49-14 beat down of Franklin. Up next : Cathedral !!!
That will be the game to watch. If Cathedral does not beat the Dragons then no one else will. Cathedral smacked Decatur Central around pretty easily (and DC is quite a bit better than Franklin) so I’d say Cathedral has a decent chance. The winner if this next game is your state champion.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT