ADVERTISEMENT

Trumps Florida Home Raided by the FBI

Lol ok.

This comes from a Maggie Haberman article in NYT so it's a bunch of half truths at the very least if not completely made up.

What's your point?
That Haberman had been one of Trump’s favorite reporters, and that in this case she is pretty simply reporting on the documents being at Mar-a-Lago and not being approved to be there.

Since Mar-a-Lago is clearly not an SCIF, that doesn’t seem very controversial.

PS: also a Bulls fan! From JSloan to Levine

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
That Haberman had been one of Trump’s favorite reporters, and that in this case she is pretty simply reporting on the documents being at Mar-a-Lago and not being approved to be there.
She is not simply reporting on the documents. She's citing anonymous sources, claiming that Trump's stance is that the documents are his and thus attempting to shape a narrative that people like you will run with when it's far from known to be factual. BTW, she may have access to Trump but she takes cues from D's.

Since Mar-a-Lago is clearly not an SCIF, that doesn’t seem very controversial.
I still don't understand why you're talking about SCIFs in the first place.

She is not simply reporting on the documents. She's citing anonymous sources, claiming that Trump's stance is that the documents are his and thus attempting to shape a narrative that people like you will run with when it's far from known to be factual. BTW, she may have access to Trump but she takes cues from D's.

I still don't understand why you're talking about SCIFs in the first place.
Shaping a narrative.......like there are no classified documents at MAR........there are but we gave them all back........well there are some more.......but if there's more they were planted....but Obama did it.........actually we had them but there was a standing order that if trump took them from the WH they magically became unclassified.........and lastly, we were packing at the last minute and it was chaos, for some reason.

Quite a few narratives there.

The final excuse actually seems the most likely.

Because Trump had possession and was storing information classified at a level that it can only be held in a SCIF or else it’s been improperly handled, perhaps criminally so.
Cool. SCIF, no SCIF, I don't really care. The odds of someone walking into MAL, finding where the shit is, having the time to parse through docs until they find what they're looking for and then walking out is slim to none. The odds of getting your server hacked and everything taken off it obviously aren't.

Reactions: bonefish1
Shaping a narrative.......like there are no classified documents at MAR........there are but we gave them all back........well there are some more.......but if there's more they were planted....but Obama did it.........actually we had them but there was a standing order that if trump took them from the WH they magically became unclassified.........and lastly, we were packing at the last minute and it was chaos, for some reason.

Quite a few narratives there.

The final excuse actually seems the most likely.
Deflect much?

Cool. SCIF, no SCIF, I don't really care. The odds of someone walking into MAL, finding where the shit is, having the time to parse through docs until they find what they're looking for and then walking out is slim to none. The odds of getting your server hacked and everything taken off it obviously aren't.
Absolutely true, but those rules (and since 2018, felony statute) are in place so that there is process whereby the holder of the records doesn’t get to set his/her own standard with sensitive stuff.

Deflect much?
You mean pointing out all the various, conflicting narratives trump has thrown out is deflecting from a Maggie narrative? You have no problems with trump doing it but Maggie is out of line?

See, the problem here is trump actually KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED AND WHY. Why does he not just explain it to us? Why the conflicting stories? He could make this go away, to use his language, in about 10 minutes.

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
The FBI was tipped off - no question. That was reported at the very beginning of this. There are now reports that someone "in the family" tipped off the FBI - rumor has it that it was Kushner??? [I personally think it was Melania or Barron.]. I am not sure we will ever know who tipped them off based on how long it took to discover the identity of "Deep Throat" in the Watergate case.

Reactions: Bill4411
You mean pointing out all the various, conflicting narratives trump has thrown out is deflecting from a Maggie narrative? You have no problems with trump doing it but Maggie is out of line?

See, the problem here is trump actually KNOWS WHAT HAPPENED AND WHY. Why does he not just explain it to us? Why the conflicting stories? He could make this go away, to use his language, in about 10 minutes.
Lol, triggered as usual. Of course Trump and his team are going to try and create a narrative, he's a ****ing politician and needs votes. D's would and have done the same shit. It's literally part of the job description.

Maggie on the other hand is not a politician.

Lol, triggered as usual. Of course Trump and his team are going to try and create a narrative, he's a ****ing politician and needs votes. D's would and have done the same shit. It's literally part of the job description.

Maggie on the other hand is not a politician.
And journalists don't try to create narratives. Not their job. Gotcha.

Is it also "literally" part of a politician's job description to change their story 4 or 5 times when trying to manage a self inflicted crisis, accusing federal authorities of illegal activity while blaming others for their predicament?

Trump is creating a false narrative, given he can't seem to arrive at just one. Not surprising you appear to be attacking the media for his problem.

Can you tell us why he doesn't just say what happened and why?

And journalists don't try to create narratives. Not their job. Gotcha.

Is it also "literally" part of a politician's job description to change their story 4 or 5 times when trying to manage a self inflicted crisis, accusing federal authorities of illegal activity while blaming others for their predicament?

Trump is creating a false narrative, given he can't seem to arrive at just one. Not surprising you appear to be attacking the media for his problem.

Can you tell us why he doesn't just say what happened and why?
Why would he? You make it seem like he owes you something.

You don’t notice that you’ve done nothing but deflect this entire time?
iu

How much whiskey have you had tonight? The point about the emails was that very few were MARKED classified. Several were deemded classified after the fact as they should have been but they were not at the time. Most of the rest of your post is, quite frankly, conspiracy theory bs. Also, this was made a felony by your lord and savior, so maybe you should blame him for his current situation.
How many of Trump's documents were classified. Oh wait the POTUS is the only person in the US who can declassify any thing he wants, any time he wants, by simply saying so.
No forms or protocol are required.
Are there sensitive documents that Trump took with him, maybe. But the bottom line here is Trump did nothing illegal and this is another circus by the politaclly biased DOJ to find anything to keep Orange Man from running for POTUS in 2024.

Reactions: bonefish1
How many of Trump's documents were classified. Oh wait the POTUS is the only person in the US who can declassify any thing he wants, any time he wants, by simply saying so.
Are there sensitive documents that Trump took with him, maybe. But the bottom line here is Trump did nothing illegal and this is another circus by the politaclly biased DOJ to find anything to keep Orange Man from running for POTUS in 2024.
This is just not true. Once Trump left office, he has no business claiming documents were “mine” (his). They belong to the US Government (the National Archive) and he is required to turn them over by statute. It should have been done by the day he left office in January 2021.

In this case, if there is a circus, it’s one he’s created for himself.

How many of Trump's documents were classified. Oh wait 1) the POTUS is the only person in the US who can declassify any thing he wants, any time he wants, by simply saying so.

2) No forms or protocol are required.
1) True! (with very limited exceptions - he cannot declassify the nuclear codes, but no one is saying he did.)
2) Not true. Not true at all! Proper protocol is basically letting the proper intell folks know what he had declassified when he did it.
3) While a President can declassify, a former President cannot. So if he did not follow the notification protocol while in office, then it just did not happen.
4) Mar A Lago is not a SCIF!!!!

1) True! (with very limited exceptions - he cannot declassify the nuclear codes, but no one is saying he did.)
2) Not true. Not true at all! Proper protocol is basically letting the proper intell folks know what he had declassified when he did it.
3) While a President can declassify, a former President cannot. So if he did not follow the notification protocol while in office, then it just did not happen.
4) Mar A Lago is not a SCIF!!!!
What do you think of Trump's latest motion?

The NARA letter was interesting.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
So you won’t even review the latest evidence from Trump’s own people? Sure, it’s all a media circus.

BTW, i think Biden’s best chance of winning re-election is running against Trump again. I think DeSantis or whatever other republican makes it to the nomination would have a better chance.

What do you think of Trump's latest motion?

The NARA letter was interesting.
I think Trump asking for a Special Master to pull out potentially privileged docs is a win/win for him.

If DOJ joins in the motion and anything is returned to him he can cite "illegal search."

If DOJ does not join the motion he can say that DOJ is obstructing.

Worst case for him? The motion can delay things, leading to the "if it's so bad why hasn't anything happened yet?" theory. I also suppose that even if a Special Master does not find anything he can accuse the Special Master as being part of some deep state conspiracy, or find that someone on the Special Master team once supported Mitch McConnell, voted for Obama, or baby sat John Bolton's college roommate's second cousin's nephew.

These are classic defense attorney tactics to muddy up the issues- not novel, but can be effective.

The NARA (National Archives) letter is a pretty hot ticket. A quote from the NARA General Counsel to Trump's legal team:
“As you are no doubt aware, NARA had ongoing communications with the former President’s representatives throughout 2021 about what appeared to be missing Presidential records, which resulted in the transfer of 15 boxes of records to NARA in January 2022...In its initial review of materials within those boxes, NARA identified items marked as classified national security information, up to the level of Top Secret and including Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Program materials.”​

I think Trump asking for a Special Master to pull out potentially privileged docs is a win/win for him.

If DOJ joins in the motion and anything is returned to him he can cite "illegal search."

If DOJ does not join the motion he can say that DOJ is obstructing.

Worst case for him? The motion can delay things, leading to the "if it's so bad why hasn't anything happened yet?" theory. I also suppose that even if a Special Master does not find anything he can accuse the Special Master as being part of some deep state conspiracy, or find that someone on the Special Master team once supported Mitch McConnell, voted for Obama, or baby sat John Bolton's college roommate's second cousin's nephew.

These are classic defense attorney tactics to muddy up the issues- not novel, but can be effective.

The NARA (National Archives) letter is a pretty hot ticket. A quote from the NARA General Counsel to Trump's legal team:
“As you are no doubt aware, NARA had ongoing communications with the former President’s representatives throughout 2021 about what appeared to be missing Presidential records, which resulted in the transfer of 15 boxes of records to NARA in January 2022...In its initial review of materials within those boxes, NARA identified items marked as classified national security information, up to the level of Top Secret and including Sensitive Compartmented Information and Special Access Program materials.”​
But he's asking for the documents to be returned to him so he can then turn them over to NARA.......where they were supposed to be going in the first place......and which he refused to do to begin with. It's ridiculous.

I understand he's just playing to his standard victimization defense but on the merits the motion is ridiculous.

But he's asking for the documents to be returned to him so he can then turn them over to NARA.......where they were supposed to be going in the first place......and which he refused to do to begin with. It's ridiculous.

I understand he's just playing to his standard victimization defense but on the merits the motion is ridiculous.
That is most certainly not how it would work.

I'm honestly not even sure this is worth responding to. If you actually believe more than 25% of what you wrote, there is no hope for you.

Reactions: indy35
Anyone read the unredacted NARA letter Trump’s guy released?

Pretty much puts to bed the claims everything was declassified, the claims that Trump was cooperating with NARA, and any idea that the FBI planted stuff.

That is if you’re interested in facts and obeying laws.

Also leads me to believe Trump’s team knows they ****ed up and were hoping to keep a lid on it. I can’t fathom a reason he would keep SAP material and think that was OK, legal, or in anyway justifiable… but there it is… held it for more than a year.

I particularly like the part where she says, “You can’t claim Executive privilege against the very branch of government that grants it.”

Full text of the NARA letter

Anyone read the unredacted NARA letter Trump’s guy released?

Pretty much puts to bed the claims everything was declassified, the claims that Trump was cooperating with NARA, and any idea that the FBI planted stuff.

That is if you’re interested in facts and obeying laws.

Also leads me to believe Trump’s team knows they ****ed up and were hoping to keep a lid on it. I can’t fathom a reason he would keep SAP material and think that was OK, legal, or in anyway justifiable… but there it is… held it for more than a year.

I particularly like the part where she says, “You can’t claim Executive privilege against the very branch of government that grants it.”

Full text of the NARA letter
I guess somebody in the trump camp thought it was a good idea. I doubt Solomon would have done it on his own.

Am I missing something...........cause it doesn't help them. Actually hurts. It also shows how the government bent over backwards to accommodate Trump.

I guess somebody in the trump camp thought it was a good idea. I doubt Solomon would have done it on his own.

Am I missing something...........cause it doesn't help them. Actually hurts. It also shows how the government bent over backwards to accommodate Trump.
Well, they gave them leniency anyway, in the form of a couple of delays, and then said, “Enough is enough.”

But that is Trump’s legal strategy in all things: delay, distract, obscure. Think it’s probably gonna catch up to him before 2024… either this or his financial dealings.

Over the past hours Trump has been "rage Tweeting" (though not on Twitter).

That is most certainly a very bad idea, and one that is going to give Trump's legal team a massive client-induced headache down the road.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT