ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Targets for 2023-2024 Season

Add another name that we are officially talking to.

44% from 3 and 70% from the stripe.

Isaac Traudt in the portal from Virginia. We offered him pretty early in his recruiting, so I know Painter's historically interested. Very similar to Furst, but probably a better shooter at the 4. Also from Midwest-ish.
I don't know if Furst or TKR will enter the transfer portal, but I'd like to see Painter kick the tires on his availability.

Reactions: lucky 53
Isaac Traudt in the portal from Virginia. We offered him pretty early in his recruiting, so I know Painter's historically interested. Very similar to Furst, but probably a better shooter at the 4. Also from Midwest-ish.
I don't know if Furst or TKR will enter the transfer portal, but I'd like to see Painter kick the tires on his availability.
Creighton looks like his likely destination.

Trey Pettigrew is in the portal. Not sure if we ever offered him but we had him out for a few unofficial visits. From the Chicago area.

Carolina cleaning house. Think this is the 4th?

EDIT: 6 from UNC in the portal.
I usually agree with your posts, on Love it’s not so much I disagree I just don’t think Painter pursues do you? I’m guessing he looks at a small school kid that plays both guard slots.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I don’t think he fits the Purdue style do you? He played 36 minutes a game last year and shot a poor 29%, he’s not the guy that I think fits here
There was some chemistry issue with that team and he was part of it. I don’t think he is a 3pt shooter by nature, more of 2pt pull-up player. Not saying he meshes perfectly but he is part of the reason UNC got to the title game.

I usually agree with your posts, on Love it’s not so much I disagree I just don’t think Painter pursues do you? I’m guessing he looks at a small school kid that plays both guard slots.
I appreciate the kind words - no TIC.

He checks the boxes of being big, can score at all three levels and has shown he can win.

I think you said it best that Miami or Arkansas are his ultimate landing spots. I would toss in Texas and Alabama as other options because they want guards who create.

Love is probably one of the biggest names in the Portal right now. Whether he is a great fit or not a good fit, I am sure we don't have the money to get him anyway.

There was some chemistry issue with that team and he was part of it. I don’t think he is a 3pt shooter by nature, more of 2pt pull-up player. Not saying he meshes perfectly but he is part of the reason UNC got to the title game.
For sure, he had a great tourney last year.

Love is probably one of the biggest names in the Portal right now. Whether he is a great fit or not a good fit, I am sure we don't have the money to get him anyway.
That Oregon Center is probably right behind him, the #8 player in his class last year, he’ll get a nice payday I’m guessing.

I’ll say this much - we all ragged on Marcus Carr being a chucker who was cancerous at Minnesota. He certainly transformed himself at Texas and was a game away from the Final 4. I would at least reach out.
Agreed. Tho I suspect he’ll be out of our price range.

• Haha
I’ll say this much - we all ragged on Marcus Carr being a chucker who was cancerous at Minnesota. He certainly transformed himself at Texas and was a game away from the Final 4. I would at least reach out.

Marcus Carr has used up his eligibility from my understanding - already played 5 years with Pittsburgh, Minnesota, and Texas.

Do we expect any of our current players to transfer out (I.e. Trey Kaufman)? If not, how many open transfer spots do we have?

Do we expect any of our current players to transfer out (I.e. Trey Kaufman)? If not, how many open transfer spots do we have?
Been wondering and expect someone will just based on math of potential playing time. I have 0 inside knowledge but just the state of the game now.

I am surprised that we haven’t seen anyone yet but not sure when we do end of year meetings.

Been wondering and expect someone will just based on math of potential playing time. I have 0 inside knowledge but just the state of the game now.

I am surprised that we haven’t seen anyone yet but not sure when we do end of year meetings.
When did Hunter enter the portal last time? I'd assume that the timing would be the same.

Newman and TKR are the most likely.

Even Morton is a possibility based on the math of minutes but I doubt it because of his personality.

Purdue won't get many looks from transfers until the dominoes start falling at Purdue. Guys that are transferring are generally looking for minutes.

Purdue loses Jenkins and adds Berg, Colvin and Heide. In the current state, I would think a guy would need to be clearly better than what Purdue currently has before he would come to Purdue. Guys don't transfer to be the 8th or 9th man.

Perfect fit for Purdue may not align with the perfect fit for the transfer.

Purdue won't get many looks from transfers until the dominoes start falling at Purdue. Guys that are transferring are generally looking for minutes.

Purdue loses Jenkins and adds Berg, Colvin and Heide. In the current state, I would think a guy would need to be clearly better than what Purdue currently has before he would come to Purdue. Guys don't transfer to be the 8th or 9th man.

Was Frost on A scholi??
That would leave 1 open for 2023-2024.

forget "perfect" and it is still true, as is any selling situation

Reactions: SCBoiler1
Was Frost on A scholi??
That would leave 1 open for 2023-2024.
With all of these guys getting contacted it's pretty clear Purdue is going to have guys leave, It looks like guys getting contacted are primarily guards.

Guys that aren't in the 10 man rotation won't see the floor from day one of the season and by the end of the season the rotation will be down to 8 or 9. If Purdue brings in anybody in the backcourt, we could see two backcourt guys leave. Could be just one if Waddell and either Morton, Colvin or Heide are willing to accept less than 10 minutes per game.

I think Loyer and Smith are locks for the rotation at the 1, 2 and 3. Now choose three of the following:

Transfer 1
Morton
Newman
Colvin
Heide
Waddell

That leaves three guys without minutes playing for Purdue next fall.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT