ADVERTISEMENT

How Painter stays

ha ha. My wife was a pioneer, she actually played on the men's golf team in high school because they didn't have a women's team. (she identified as a woman though, still does). She has a nice swing but life got in the way of her playing as much as she would like.

So, what you're saying, is that you had the yips? Did you choke on putts or just on really important shots? As in "Just hit the damn fairway off the tee and you'll be fine" and you end up hitting a fade into the woods?
I averaged in the low 40s for nine holes my senior year, but would choke every time I had a chance to break 40. No matter how well I was playing, I'd find a way to screw it up. Missed 2 footer - ✔️; shank - ✔️; Drive OB - ✔️; chunked chip - ✔️ . You name it, I did it.

I didn't actually break 40/90 until I was in my mid 30s. Took another 10 years to break 80. Now I can't putt, so went from a solid 9 handicap to a 16 in the last 2 years. I refuse to say I have the Yips, but I missed at least 4 three footers just this morning ( very frustrating).

I averaged in the low 40s for nine holes my senior year, but would choke every time I had a chance to break 40. No matter how well I was playing, I'd find a way to screw it up. Missed 2 footer - ✔️; shank - ✔️; Drive OB - ✔️; chunked chip - ✔️ . You name it, I did it.

I didn't actually break 40/90 until I was in my mid 30s. Took another 10 years to break 80. Now I can't putt, so went from a solid 9 handicap to a 16 in the last 2 years. I refuse to say I have the Yips, but I missed at least 4 three footers just this morning ( very frustrating).

Be the ball, PurdueDave......and make sure to check those grips......good luck.

caddyshack-chevy-chase.gif

giphy.gif

I can drive and putt OK, long irons OK, but completely choke inside of 100 yards and on par 3s. Hit it over the green, chunk it 10 feet, blade it onto and past the green, it’s embarrassing.

I can drive and putt OK, long irons OK, but completely choke inside of 100 yards and on par 3s. Hit it over the green, chunk it 10 feet, blade it onto and past the green, it’s embarrassing.
Got to love a game that continuously frustrates and embarrasses those that play it. Heck, I only play 4 times a week. Maybe if I played more?

Do you ever practice?
Unfortunately I have a significant back issue that causes a lot of pain when I'm bent over to chip or putt. I can swing just fine, so I'll hit the range whenever I feel the need, but I can only practice putting for about 5 minutes at a time.

I have 5 putters in my truck trying to find one that is more upright, but so far I'm worse with the longer ones. Maybe one day I'll find something better.

I can drive and putt OK, long irons OK, but completely choke inside of 100 yards and on par 3s. Hit it over the green, chunk it 10 feet, blade it onto and past the green, it’s embarrassin
I'm long n straight off the tee, and my favorite club used to be an 8 iron from 155. But, my iron play now is very unpredictable and short game is a crap shoot. Great scramble partner though.

Got to love a game that continuously frustrates and embarrasses those that play it. Heck, I only play 4 times a week. Maybe if I played more?
I knew a guy who was a devout Christian, very shy and soft-spoken, and people who knew him never heard him raise his voice much above a whisper -- until he got on the golf course. Then he turned into Bobby Knight in a bad mood. A true Jekyll & Hyde. You would think he hated the game, but he played every chance he got.

I knew a guy who was a devout Christian, very shy and soft-spoken, and people who knew him never heard him raise his voice much above a whisper -- until he got on the golf course. Then he turned into Bobby Knight in a bad mood. A true Jekyll & Hyde. You would think he hated the game, but he played every chance he got.
I actually play with a guy like that. Never curses. Never gets angry. But hit a shot OB and he throws his club and says a few expletives. Strange how a game can change people.

Played Sunday for the first time in a long time. Very tough course. Started off par-bogey-par. Was feeling pretty good about myself, but then my true game came out and I was the model of inconsistency. Only threw a club once but swore after a lot of shots.

Played Sunday for the first time in a long time. Very tough course. Started off par-bogey-par. Was feeling pretty good about myself, but then my true game came out and I was the model of inconsistency. Only threw a club once but swore after a lot of shots.

You still owe me a hundred bucks........

giphy.gif

Are you just making a Caddy Shack reference (one of the greatest movies of all time) or did I lose a bet?

Betting is illegal at Bushwood Sir, and I never slice.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT