ADVERTISEMENT

Transfer Portal Targets for 2023-2024 Season

Miami is probably a very special circumstance. Pack took the money, obviously. Miami has one enormous donor ....billionaire by the name of Ruiz I believe. If you watched the IU women lose to Miami in Bloomington, Miami has a set of twins who supposedly are the highest paid female basketball players in the country, including WNBA players. They are from South Bend originally but have had a couple of stops along the way. They supposedly make just under 2 million from NIL and other things. Huge social media presence. If you have seen them, you know why. Ruiz is evidently a major factor in them being at The U as well as Pack. The playing field is not level when it comes to NIL money.
I said it a year ago when the Pack bombshell hit: we need to go big or go home.

If we’re not able to compete financially against freaking Miami…

Available Transfer Targets
1. Jameer Nelson 6-1 Delaware PG/CG (247 top 10)
2. Taran Armstrong 6-5 Cal Baptist PG (247 top 10)
3. Khalif Battle 6-5 Temple SG (247 top 10)
4. Nicholas Timberlake Townson SG (247 top 10)

5. Demarcus Sharp 6-3 Northwestern State PG
6. Andrew Rohde 6-6 St. Thomas PG/SG
7. Jace Carter 6-5 UIC SG
8. Nate Calmese 6-2 Lamar CG
*9. Dayvion McKnight 6-1 Western Kentucky PG *(confirmed contact by Purdue)
10. Jackson Paveletzke 6-3 Wofford PG/CG
Fr1nHQzXoA0oeBJ

All of these guards are athletic and can take care of the basketball.
If Purdue lands two and retains Edey they have a great chance of a March Madness run.

Could easily build a super team this offseason

Ideal lineup

1. Armstrong
2. Nelson
3. Colvin
4. Furst
5. Edey
That list looks familiar lol. It’s the wish list for multiple Big Ten teams as well as many teams across the country. Money will talk, unfortunately.

Reactions: DannyGranger
Marquise Kennedy a grad transfer from Loyola has said Purdue has reached out to him. Combo guard who was a bit disappointing this past season, talented kid that seemed to take a step back in his Sr season. Averaged close to 8 a game with 3 rebounds and 1 assist, he’s a combo guard, would likely be a 10-15 minute a player here, not sure he’d want that.

Marquise Kennedy a grad transfer from Loyola has said Purdue has reached out to him. Combo guard who was a bit disappointing this past season, talented kid that seemed to take a step back in his Sr season. Averaged close to 8 a game with 3 rebounds and 1 assist, he’s a combo guard, would likely be a 10-15 minute a player here, not sure he’d want that.
8 ppg at Loyola?

8 ppg at Loyola?
Yea, in fairness he averaged close to 10 when they were good Loyola lol. He was injured parts of this year, perhaps that is why his numbers weren’t what many thought, besides Purdue this is the team I root for so I’m very familiar. I’d rather have Brandon Norris their starting PG if he elects to play a 6th year which he could. He’s a shooter that can share at at times play together with Braden.

Yea, in fairness he averaged close to 10 when they were good Loyola lol. He was injured parts of this year, perhaps that is why his numbers weren’t what many thought, besides Purdue this is the team I root for so I’m very familiar. I’d rather have Brandon Norris their starting PG if he elects to play a 6th year which he could. He’s a shooter that can share at at times play together with Braden.
I assume this guy would sign for free, aka just a scholarship?

I assume this guy would sign for free, aka just a scholarship?
Yes, he’s really athletic but only like 6-1 at most, he’s got NCAA tourney experience, I’m fine with him as a bit player. I doubt he comes here to do that though, we’ll see. He was really supposed to take off this year after Loyola lost nearly their entire lineup, for some reason he didn’t, maybe it was because of injuries. He’d be a replacement for Jenkins, not as good a shooter as Jenkins, probably a better athlete though. Kyle has this info up, I got it from him, I posted because the Purdue interest is from Kennedy’s Twitter and other sites. I probably shouldn’t have posted I guess, not sure which part is the pay portion, if I’m wrong Kyle my bad buddy, please let me know!

Last edited:
He’s likely getting paid, he’s a 30 minute a night player likely, would that be the case at Purdue? At 6-1 he’d likely split with Smith, I doubt Painter does this.
the mystery is how good will Smith be next year. He's a fighter. A bit slow for the Dance. And will develop better decision-making thru videos. On the other hand, how badly do we want to ride a Jameer to the Dance. An interesting question. He seems to fit the other guards that beat us.

Until we up our NIL game, you are 100% correct.
Imagine this lineup

1. Armstrong
2. Nelson
3. Battle

Total cost $300k-$600k
Would probably be favorites to win it all
the mystery is how good will Smith be next year. He's a fighter. A bit slow for the Dance. And will develop better decision-making thru videos. On the other hand, how badly do we want to ride a Jameer to the Dance. An interesting question. He seems to fit the other guards that beat us.
Nelson can also play the 2. as a combo guard so it wouldn't all of Smith's minutes.

I agree with you, I doubt Painter does this though. Smith was solid as a Frosh, he shouldn’t be playing 30
Minutes a game though.

Imagine this lineup

1. Armstrong
2. Nelson
3. Battle

Total cost $300k-$600k
Would probably be favorites to win it all

Nelson can also play the 2. as a combo guard so it wouldn't all of Smith's minutes.
True, Smith at 30 minutes a game is to much, Nelson at 15 minutes PG and say 10 SG would get 25 minutes a game, it could work for sure.

Ulis from Iowa in portal, PG with some quickness, could help.
Almost posted about him but his stats are unimpressive. Not sure what value add he is for our lineup.

I like Kerr from Arizona but feel like he ends up at Xavier with Miller.

We need a guy who can be a point and run action but also get a bucket when the entire team go ice cold from deep.

Almost posted about him but his stats are unimpressive. Not sure what value add he is for our lineup.

I like Kerr from Arizona but feel like he ends up at Xavier with Miller.

We need a guy who can be a point and run action but also get a bucket when the entire team go ice cold from deep.
I believe he’s already committed to X

I haven’t seen anything official but if you have some info to prove it…. I mean, you’re a doctor right?!?
And no, I am not a doctor. My initials. My long time handle of years gone by, Big D was taken at one of the refreshes. And that was the rest of the story.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT