ADVERTISEMENT

Sindelar, Sipe or Plummer in 2019?

jmohlman

Redshirt Freshman
Gold Member
Feb 15, 2005
USA
I never actually looked into the history of Nick Sipe until he took some garbage snaps in a game recently. Does anyone know if he has the talent to leap-frog Sindelar or Plummer next year? Is there any chance that Jack Plummer gets the nod next year and Sindelar takes his engineering degree and his 5th year of eligibility and goes elsewhere?

Reason's for thinking this way about Plummer getting the nod over Sindelar: 1) he will have excellent knowledge of Brohm's system after redshirting 2) he has the size of Sindelar but much more upside with 4 years to play 3) he has a cannon for an arm, so does Sindelar but Sindelar is not mobile, Jack Plummer is 4) Plummer could possibly be the starter for 4 years IF he is capable and the incoming OL, WR's, RB, etc... would grow together, Brohm would have reason to sit tight for at least 4 more years so that he could teach/mentor this group for 4 years

Thoughts...

Last edited:
I never actually looked into the history of Nick Sipe until he took some garbage snaps in a game recently. Does anyone know if he has the talent to leap-frog Sindelar or Plummer next year? Is there any chance that Jack Plummer gets the nod next year and Sindelar takes his engineering degree and his 5th year of eligibility and goes elsewhere?

Reason's for thinking this way: 1) he will have excellent knowledge of Brohm's system after redshirting 2) he has pedigree with his father being a former NFL QB 3) he has a cannon for an arm, so does Sindelar but Sindelar is not mobile, Jack Plummer is 4) Plummer could possibly be the starter for 4 years IF he is capable and the incoming OL, WR's, RB, etc... would grow together, Brohm would have reason to sit tight for at least 4 more years so that he could teach/mentor this group for 4 years

Thoughts...
Sipe’s dad didn’t play in the NFL.

I think Jack Plummer starts over Sindelar, but that is just a hunch

I just did a little more research on it. It has been incorrectly reported many times according to him...Just coincidence that he is from AZ, Jake Plummer played college there, etc, etc...I amended my post to be accurate...my thoughts don't change though about him getting the nod

Blough. Much like the often misunderstood and misused "Double Secret Probation", there is a sixth year of eligibility a player can take advantage of.

I just did a little more research on it. It has been incorrectly reported many times according to him...Just coincidence that he is from AZ, Jake Plummer played college there, etc, etc...I amended my post to be accurate...my thoughts don't change though about him getting the nod
Agree I think he will start.

I agree with Purdue85. I think it’s Sindelar’s job to lose. He might lose it. But he will get every shot.

Remember 4 months ago this board was probably
75% pro Eli over Blough.

Reactions: goboilers2
If we would have gotten that guy that ended up transferring to Northwestern, I could have seen a scenario where it wasn't Elijah. That's not the case.

I want to finish this season first before worrying about it. Lets sign all our verbals, including getting Bell. Win our Bowl game, and see how the Spring practices go.

Reactions: old 23
True about Plummer not related to Jake but Brian Sipe (played for the Browns) is Nick's uncle.

I also feel it is Sindelar's to lose. He has one year at Purdue guaranteed and possibly two if he lands a med redshirt. Transferring really gains him nothing. He knows the system, and the coaches know him. He will be in a qb oriented offense that can showcase his skills. The likelihood of Plummer and or Sipe getting time next year also is good. Few starting qb's make it through an entire season without some type of injury.

56npShkz_400x400.jpg

I understand why Etling and Appleby transferred. It was a shit show.. What's the benefit for Elijah to transfer? He's not an NFL talent....yet. Unless an LSU or FL come calling, I don't see it happening. He's our QB after January.

I understand why Etling and Appleby transferred. It was a shit show.. What's the benefit for Elijah to transfer? He's not an NFL talent....yet. Unless an LSU or FL come calling, I don't see it happening. He's our QB after January.

I'm not saying he will, but the reason would be the same reason Hunter Johnson transferred to Northwestern: immediate, guaranteed playing time.

When he comes back, he's going to face 2 highly talented QBs, and a high-quality newcomer: Sipe, Plummer, and now Piferi.

I'm not saying he will, but the reason would be the same reason Hunter Johnson transferred to Northwestern: immediate, guaranteed playing time.

When he comes back, he's going to face 2 highly talented QBs, and a high-quality newcomer: Sipe, Plummer, and now Piferi.

Hunter was/is a higher talent that made a good business decision. Elijah has some damn good talent behind him. I think he stays the course imho.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT