ADVERTISEMENT

He's not Jacking around!

Jack does everything well. He is your typical wing handling the ball except few can pass like him. He generally doesn't dribble he shoots and passes. No recruit I have watched dribbles less. I know he can, but he will beat you from passing and shooting. In fact, Brownstown is built for the ball not to stick in any one's hand. I would guess that they have few possessions over 15 seconds. And many less than 5 seconds. Every player on their team shoots threes and shoots it extremely well. Fun team to watch the best coached team I have watched this year. Grayson is a close second (Harris). As far as Harris no contest Harris is a step above even Cox. My refence to Gillis was their bodies and the outside shot. Other than that, nothing more. I know you know this, but you can tell who a winner is and who is just playing the game. Jack is a winner! The same thing can be said for all six it's a Painter requirement. I want to give Burgess his props his desire to win is infectious his team is not great, yet they win because he refuses to lose. It's all consuming to watch him love the game so much it hurts. Think Lance Jones when he can't stop enjoying the game to the point of dancing on the court. If I had to pick who would be dancing, I pick Burgess.
FWIW, it was verified to me that he doesn't dribble much as you stated. Then I countered with why wouldn't the opponents get in his jock if he doesn't put in on the court much? ;) got just a bit of a bewildered look...

I watched Jack score 39 points last night. He had 22 at the half I think he had 8 threes and 15 rebounds maybe 4 blocked shots. In a blowout win. By my count he now has 2335 points moving him to 18th all time. Kid scored the first 14 points and held a 14 to 3 advantage before Jack decided to show off his passing. Mason Gillis 2.0 IMO I think he will play the 3/4 he also had 4 turn overs, all while playing the one he is not a one when it comes to ball handling at 6'6 and 220 the 5'7" kids give him problems. Kid can shoot it like Gillis unlike Gillis he doesn't need to be open to make his shots. He is the best long-range shooter I can recall maybe DJ Byrd was as good in HS. Much like Gillis Jack is a 5 in a 6'6" body IMO he will play the 4. And that will be a crowded position for the foreseeable future. Not one of the 2024's dominate a game anywhere close to Jack. I just don't see him not playing while knowing he probably won't. IMO he is the hands down winner for MR. Basketball. When you need a basket there is none better than Jack. Kid made a pass last night thru 4 defenders 3/4 court to teammate who hit a wide open 3 the crowd erupted not for the shot but for the pass. He is clearly the best passer I can recall, and they are from behind the back between his legs backwards over his head and nearly all are no look passes. What he does is score on you because he can't be stopped. When he has built a big lead, he becomes this crazy passing machine, and his teammates get open looks because they are triple teaming Jack. This kid is a Mason Gillis/Robby Hummel combo big strong and talented. I always watch Jack's game first because he simply dominates every aspect of the game. I doubt he is a next level player but he will be a great college player IMO.
Watched some of his game last night, offensively looks good as a team they can really shoot, Brownstown played alot of 1-3-1 zone, his biggest issue will be defense like most freshman.

I have no idea if he is a 3 or a 4, but I have seen Kanon when he was good and he was very impressive and so he has the ability to be really good. AS far as a college player Jaden didn't merit lottery with his play, but by his speed and athletic ability potential. He was a good college player, but not near lottery level player
Alot of lottery guys wouldn't earn it based on college play. We have what's probably the the two time national player of the year and he was projected second round last year. Mixing in catchings with good college players next year will really help him and our team. I'm excited to see him play and hope heide and Colvin continue to develop along with all the experience coming back. Especially having braden around. I could see that team build as the season goes and make a nice run late.

Alot of lottery guys wouldn't earn it based on college play. We have what's probably the the two time national player of the year and he was projected second round last year. Mixing in catchings with good college players next year will really help him and our team. I'm excited to see him play and hope heide and Colvin continue to develop along with all the experience coming back. Especially having braden around. I could see that team build as the season goes and make a nice run late.
and why I'm more interested in how they do in college than the pros...being a Purdue fan.

You might want to check the draft boards. Braden is skyrocketing up. A creditable source says he will at least go through evaluations. If they see what we see could work out for him.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
You might want to check the draft boards. Braden is skyrocketing up. A creditable source says he will at least go through evaluations. If they see what we see could work out for him.
Interesting. Not what I expected at all at this point. You would think teams would want to see what he can produce without Zach, but that being said, this offseason could be his peak value.

I read a few articles, really doubt he is drafted right now. The 6'0 height is huge, and hasnt shown elite athletic ability to overcome that.

Personally I think Braden is NBA calibur as a backup pg.

Probably needs a season without Edey to prove the assists and scoring arent because of him. I could see him coming back one more year but leaving early after 3.

Just my guess right now.

I read a few articles, really doubt he is drafted right now. The 6'0 height is huge, and hasnt shown elite athletic ability to overcome that.

Personally I think Braden is NBA calibur as a backup pg.

Probably needs a season without Edey to prove the assists and scoring arent because of him. I could see him coming back one more year but leaving early after 3.

Just my guess right now.
I love Braden and he’s going to be the best Pg to play at Purdue. But right now, he Needs to be better on the ball defensively. He’s good at positioning himself off ball defensively and puts himself in great position to get steals…is a ball hawk at times. But he’s not stopping anyone that’s NBA caliber from getting to the hole at the moment. That’s the next step that he will need to get better at to get to the next level. And I’m sure he will be working on that all offseason…along with other things.

Can you provide what draft boards you’re looking at?
I tweeted one and seen something on ESPN. My info manly came from someone connected to him. Who simply said he was going to go through the evaluation process this year. IMO he is going to stick if he gets a chance. People didn't see Carsen being drafted until the tourney happened. Making the mid-season Naismith award 30 doesn't hurt him. With Forman handing out passes to NBA scouts wanting to see Zach. We all know without Braden getting him the ball his game suffers. It doesn't hurt that Loyer's dad is the top scout for the clippers. I would love his take on Braden. DUB could ask him today, right?

Reactions: Boiler Buck
There are 4 guys in the NBA under 6' and 13 under 6'1".

So much of Purdue's offense is centered around Edey. Smith gets a ton of open looks because of the drop coverage on Edey. It will be interesting to see how his game develops without Edey on the court.

Not having Edey may help some guys show what they can do, while it may expose weaknesses for others. I'm not sure which camp I'd put Smith in.

So much of Purdue's offense is centered around Edey. Smith gets a ton of open looks because of the drop coverage on Edey. It will be interesting to see how his game develops without Edey on the court.

Not having Edey may help some guys show what they can do, while it may expose weaknesses for others. I'm not sure which camp I'd put Smith in.

As long as CMP continues to use alot of PnR Smith will be fine. He is our most important player going forward, thus I think CMP will use it quite a bit to feature his talents.

Reactions: oldboiler52
I tweeted one and seen something on ESPN. My info manly came from someone connected to him. Who simply said he was going to go through the evaluation process this year. IMO he is going to stick if he gets a chance. People didn't see Carsen being drafted until the tourney happened. Making the mid-season Naismith award 30 doesn't hurt him. With Forman handing out passes to NBA scouts wanting to see Zach. We all know without Braden getting him the ball his game suffers. It doesn't hurt that Loyer's dad is the top scout for the clippers. I would love his take on Braden. DUB could ask him today, right?
Saw the article you tweeted and it didn’t say too much. Haven’t seen anything on espn on where he’d be drafted. I’d assume right now, he’d be drafted at HIGHEST late 2nd round and I’m not sure that’s worth it, since that’s not a guarantee and I’m thinking he’d have to go get signed as an UDFA, which why do that if you have Two more years of college getting paid similar money, if not more.

Now, if he goes on a Carsen run of multiple 30+ games in the tourney and gets us to at least the E8, I’d assume he’d get as high as the mid 2nd. Still, no guarantees there.

He def should go through the evaluation process to see what he needs to do to get drafted, but just don’t think he’s there quite yet.

What Smith has going for him is his 6’5 foot wingspan…I still don’t think his actual height is 6 foot tho 😂. If he ever goes to the combine, we will find out the exact measurements. Regardless, he’s going to go down as the best PG in Purdue history and break all the PG records if he stays all 4 years.

Reactions: oldboiler52
Saw the article you tweeted and it didn’t say too much. Haven’t seen anything on espn on where he’d be drafted. I’d assume right now, he’d be drafted at HIGHEST late 2nd round and I’m not sure that’s worth it, since that’s not a guarantee and I’m thinking he’d have to go get signed as an UDFA, which why do that if you have Two more years of college getting paid similar money, if not more.

Now, if he goes on a Carsen run of multiple 30+ games in the tourney and gets us to at least the E8, I’d assume he’d get as high as the mid 2nd. Still, no guarantees there.

He def should go through the evaluation process to see what he needs to do to get drafted, but just don’t think he’s there quite yet.
Everyone that has aspirations of playing pro ball should. His size is the obvious problem. He should be a 4 year player....earn as much as he can in the nil world and enjoy being a boiler. Then see what's available to him.

Reactions: Schnelk
Everyone that has aspirations of playing pro ball should. His size is the obvious problem. He should be a 4 year player....earn as much as he can in the nil world and enjoy being a boiler. Then see what's available to him.
Yup totally agree…unless hes somehow guaranteed to go first round. If that ever happens, he should go

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT