ADVERTISEMENT

Scheduling?

Schmedly_Whiplash

Sophomore
Nov 5, 2022
I'm curious how far in advance the non conference games are scheduled? This stacked pre conference schedule seems exactly what this experienced team needs to push them to be as tough as they can be. Just a coincidence or are some matchups done with only a year or two notice and planned by Matt and others for THIS YEAR?

In the same vein, was this game in Toronto scheduled for Zach's SR year just a coincidence? Or an incentive to come back for this season? Pretty sure it was because of him, but what was the timing?

Anyone? .... Bueller?

Football is done several years in advance but basketball is much shorter. It's typically just a year or two in advance (for example, we already know we are headed to Vegas to play Arizona next year) with many of the games figured out in the spring after the season....so as little as 6 months in advance.

Reactions: Schmedly_Whiplash
I'm curious how far in advance the non conference games are scheduled? This stacked pre conference schedule seems exactly what this experienced team needs to push them to be as tough as they can be. Just a coincidence or are some matchups done with only a year or two notice and planned by Matt and others for THIS YEAR?

In the same vein, was this game in Toronto scheduled for Zach's SR year just a coincidence? Or an incentive to come back for this season? Pretty sure it was because of him, but what was the timing?

Anyone? .... Bueller?
Gene Keady used to schedule games in player's home states during their senior year so that all of their friends and families could see them. I haven't heard, but maybe Painter has the same policy.

It's possible that the Purdue-Alabama game was already scheduled with location TBD, in case Edey didn't return.

I believe the Arizona game was officially announced over the summer, maybe late July?

Usually basketball schedules are done in May-June, with the exception of the bigger MTEs like Maui and others.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT