ADVERTISEMENT

Rough road

BoilerNGold013

True Freshman
Oct 26, 2014
Was looking at the home and road records for BIG teams this year.

No team other than michigian has more than 2 losses at home. Purdue is only team undeafeated at home.

No team has a winning record on the road so far. Purdue, Wisconsin and michigan (shock) are the best at 2-2 in true road games.

I think the conference as a whole is definitely better than last year. Home teams are playing lights out but I think the talent is a little better to make the split more exaggerated.

Look at Penn st and Rutgers holding serve against Wisc and Neb. Iowa has looked horrific in any game not played at home and that is why I am more nervous for this game than the IU game. Cant have Northwestern level of defensive effort Saturday afternoon or we will be seeing another court storm.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Not sure where you are getting your information but...

1. Michigan has exactly 2 losses at home so your "more than" doesn't apply.
2. Besides Purdue, Wisconsin & Northwestern are also undefeated at home.
3. Only Wisconsin has a winning record on the road at 2-1.
4. Michigan is 1-2 so not a "winning record" or even best at true road games.

Not sure where you are getting your information but...

1. Michigan has exactly 2 losses at home so your "more than" doesn't apply.
2. Besides Purdue, Wisconsin & Northwestern are also undefeated at home.
3. Only Wisconsin has a winning record on the road at 2-1.
4. Michigan is 1-2 so not a "winning record" or even best at true road games.
overall, not Big Ten. NW lost to Chicago State at home, Wisky lost to Providence on the road & tennessee at home.

Read before you try to slam someone.

Reactions: BoilerNGold013
I think that it is very important when favored on the road, not to give the opponent life. If the game is within striking distance going down the stretch, home underdogs often seem to find extra confidence, energy, and fearlessness. Iowa will be the next test of this.

I think that it is very important when favored on the road, not to give the opponent life. If the game is within striking distance going down the stretch, home underdogs often seem to find extra confidence, energy, and fearlessness. Iowa will be the next test of this.
Rule of thumb for many coaches...go for win not overtime. Course we know a LOT of variables play into that decision that would cause a different situation, but it does indicate home court advantage

Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT