ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Ok, who thought this was going to be a tough, hard-fought, close contest.....don't scroll up near the top of the thread. :)

giphy.gif

I was at that Paradise Jam in the Virgin Islands. The Chris Kramer swim game! A great experience!
In case you missed Robbie talking about Coach Keady at that tournament.

Would have been a nice alley pop for Colvin if they would have connected. I’m gonna be a little disappointed that the final will lower from 30 now to probably 22 or 24. But anyone who watched the game see the game wasn’t close

Some things still need cleaned up but shooting lights out solves a lot of those problems for a night

Reactions: Schnelk
Lol Painter literally cited rebounding and turnovers as an issue after the last game, but I'm sure you're right.

Hummel cited it tonight on their offensive side, but again, I'm sure you know more than him too.

Playing amazingly on offense doesn't mean the game was played perfectly all around.
Not sure why you are getting personal with this. I have never had any reason to dislike you on this board. I agree that we had a poor rebounding game at Ohio State. But we are 2nd in the nation in rebounding margin and it has been our most consistent strength. And no, I don't know that much compared to some on this board.

Not sure why you are getting personal with this. I have never had any reason to dislike you on this board. I agree that we had a poor rebounding game at Ohio State. But we are 2nd in the nation in rebounding margin and it has been our most consistent strength. And no, I don't know that much compared to some on this board.
Do you not get that something can become a problem even if it was a strength for most of a season? Like I said citing overall season long rebounding isn't particularly relevant to a recent stretch where we've not done particularly well at rebounding.

And when I literally cite the same thing Coach Painter does? Come on.

I loved every second of the game tonight. Wish we could have won by 50. Any school from new jersey is more hated now by me than any other school in the BIG or the country including that school in southern Indiana. I hope every school we play in the NCAA is from new jersey so the team can crush them all! BTFU!

Heide took some of Loyer and Morton minutes going forward.
I definitely think Heide will get more minutes. But Loyer will still start. Hopefully Loyer starts playing better. No one wants him to sit on the bench. I'd like both of them to play well, Colvin too.

I saw a couple shots I thought Loyer could have taken and for some reason didn't. I think he needs to be more willing to just shoot and live with the misses.

I definitely think Heide will get more minutes. But Loyer will still start. Hopefully Loyer starts playing better. No one wants him to sit on the bench. I'd like both of them to play well, Colvin too.

I saw a couple shots I thought Loyer could have taken and for some reason didn't. I think he needs to be more willing to just shoot and live with the misses.
did anyone's picture freeze the last minute? saw Colvin's 3 then telecast froze

I loved every second of the game tonight. Wish we could have won by 50. Any school from new jersey is more hated now by me than any other school in the BIG or the country including that school in southern Indiana. I hope every school we play in the NCAA is from new jersey so the team can crush them all! BTFU!
don't have to convince me, I live 20 min from that state

Do you not get that something can become a problem even if it was a strength for most of a season? Like I said citing overall season long rebounding isn't particularly relevant to a recent stretch where we've not done particularly well at rebounding.

And when I literally cite the same thing Coach Painter does? Come on.
It is ok to disagree. You state your reasons. I state mine. Rebounding margin last four games:
Indiana +15
Minnesota +17
Ohio State +13
Rutgers +13

Each of the last two games we had a short segment of the game where we gave up too many offensive rebounds. I believe that the Ohio State game it was an effort issue. Therefore, Painter said so. Tonight, I believe it was bad bounces. Mistakes that are effort or focus related(turnovers, rebounds) are the ones that bother Painter most.

I still don't think we disagree on much. I just wouldn't call rebounding a "problem".

It is ok to disagree. You state your reasons. I state mine. Rebounding margin last four games:
Indiana +15
Minnesota +17
Ohio State +13
Rutgers +13

Each of the last two games we had a short segment of the game where we gave up too many offensive rebounds. I believe that the Ohio State game it was an effort issue. Therefore, Painter said so. Tonight, I believe it was bad bounces. Mistakes that are effort or focus related(turnovers, rebounds) are the ones that bother Painter most.

I still don't think we disagree on much. I just wouldn't call rebounding a "problem".
Rebound margin is a terrible metric to cite. Offensive rebound percentage is the best metric to use to assess rebounding. Purdue ended up great tonight, giving up just a 21.9% OR% but it was a big problem early when qaz posted that. Rutgers had 5 of their 7 offensive rebounds in the first 4 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT