ADVERTISEMENT

Wisconsin at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Actually I looked and the schedule was the same on the final weekend last year. One game on Saturday and the rest Sunday. I think it's a combination of things, including the other majors not playing on Sunday because some of their tournaments start on Tuesday, so easier for CBS and Fox and FS1 to carry B1G games.

Why? I guarentee the players are fired up about it. Purdue will be fine, it’s like they’re the only ones playing in a tournament.
It goes deeper than that. The players and coaches want it. Let's assume it wears them out and they get beat which I don't believe would be the cause in the tourney. Where would we get the idea they shouldn't play in something they want, because we don't think it is good for them? They are the ones that have busted butt for months and want to claim rings for ever...every chance they get. The game is about them. They hurt the most along with coaches when they lose. I want them to win every game they play, but realize there are battles each will have. I hope they do well for them, but if they don't, I'll realize the length of consistent, excellent basketball they played which has few rivals. When their last game is over they will have many great memories and friendships lasting even longer.

I couldn’t or didn’t see it, but when I learned he was down I was worried it was the same foot he injured before. Then I couldn’t remember what foot that was
Same. It took a minute to see he landed on the refs foot. At first I thought it was non contact and was really freaking out tbh and then saw he stepped on the refs foot and even though that’s not good either, I was relieved it wasn’t a non contact injury

Don’t know the Wisconsin stats for the game, but their 3 ball shooting was bad and shot well inside the arc . Need Zach to get on his toes or small jump to contest those shots in the lane. He blocked one like that, but there were plenty of opportunities without fouling. He only needs a foot max and he can get that just getting more on his toes. 😊
I always do wonder why Zach doesn’t try and block more shots. Maybe it’s just to keep them guessing/not pick up a foul when he can usually alter shots.

It goes deeper than that. The players and coaches want it. Let's assume it wears them out and they get beat which I don't believe would be the cause in the tourney. Where would we get the idea they shouldn't play in something they want, because we don't think it is good for them? They are the ones that have busted butt for months and want to claim rings for ever...every chance they get. The game is about them. They hurt the most along with coaches when they lose. I want them to win every game they play, but realize there are battles each will have. I hope they do well for them, but if they don't, I'll realize the length of consistent, excellent basketball they played which has few rivals. When their last game is over they will have many great memories and friendships lasting even longer.
Because “technically” the last 3 years the winner has flamed out in first weekend. But that hasn’t historically been the case.

But you know us Purdue fans…superstitious and just like Robbie said on the broadcast today “Purdue fans are just waiting for something bad to happen” 😂. That’s the truth right there. But hoping shooters stay hot and we just shoot our average from 3! And some other stuff but don’t want to jinx it cuz you know, I’m a Purdue fan 😂

Same. It took a minute to see he landed on the refs foot. At first I thought it was non contact and was really freaking out tbh and then saw he stepped on the refs foot and even though that’s not good either, I was relieved it wasn’t a non contact injury
I sit on that side of the court and couldn't see it...and I haven't watched it on TV yet. My first concern was whether it was the foot that had the stress fracture that caused him to miss some games his senior year. Braden is crucial to the team success. Purdue may have a harder time replacing him than Zach...which sounds crazy since Zach is sooooooo good. However, Braden does things that others can't and Trey can fill a little of Zach's role. That said, Matt has also allowed Lance to start the offense and Braden to work off the ball early in the set. Anyway, that was my concern even though I never saw it

Reactions: DwaynePurvis00
Because “technically” the last 3 years the winner has flamed out in first weekend. But that hasn’t historically been the case.

But you know us Purdue fans…superstitious and just like Robbie said on the broadcast today “Purdue fans are just waiting for something bad to happen” 😂. That’s the truth right there. But hoping shooters stay hot and we just shoot our average from 3! And some other stuff but don’t want to jinx it cuz you know, I’m a Purdue fan 😂
I get all that. Purdue fans have been snake bit over the years with injuries. Those three years contrary to a few people were all different things and believe some are more concerned about fatigue than injury. I don't want to sound harsh, but the reality is the coaches know a lot more than the fans, not only on the game...and the other team, but Purdue. The coaches are not perfect, but there is "nothing" a fan believes that hasn't been tested by minds, practice or in a game.

I want Purdue to do well, but it does nothing for me personally because ultimately I have nothing to do with it and my own personal happiness will be in seeing the players reach their goal. I'm not entitled to their successful efforts should they occur...and I think anyone that reads this forum and sees all I type can quickly realize that I like basketball and Purdue's basketball in general, but it is about them...the players and coaches. When I read less critique with substance, and more criticism perhaps lacking substance, my mind turns to Teddy Roosevelts' "The Man In The Arena" which doesn't fit all, but a lot of fans in any sport at all locations.

Having less years in front of me than behind me I will continue to be impressed with this group of quality people that play basketball well. None of that will change if they lose...which the odds say they will whether in the first game or the last game of the tourney.

I sit on that side of the court and couldn't see it...and I haven't watched it on TV yet. My first concern was whether it was the foot that had the stress fracture that caused him to miss some games his senior year. Braden is crucial to the team success. Purdue may have a harder time replacing him than Zach...which sounds crazy since Zach is sooooooo good. However, Braden does things that others can't and Trey can fill a little of Zach's role. That said, Matt has also allowed Lance to start the offense and Braden to work off the ball early in the set. Anyway, that was my concern even though I never saw it
Agree 100%

Reactions: tjreese
Brought the boys out to their first game at Mackey - they had already seen them play at MSG and Mohegan Sun. Great trip - autographs by Braden Smith on Saturday, Win vs. Wisky, Hummel on the call, O’Connell and Hootie in attendance and Senior night with Edey’s jersey hung in the rafters. 24 hours of driving in a 48 hour period but it was well worth it!

Brought the boys out to their first game at Mackey - they had already seen them play at MSG and Mohegan Sun. Great trip - autographs by Braden Smith on Saturday, Win vs. Wisky, Hummel on the call, O’Connell and Hootie in attendance and Senior night with Edey’s jersey hung in the rafters. 24 hours of driving in a 48 hour period but it was well worth it!
How was your parking?

I always do wonder why Zach doesn’t try and block more shots. Maybe it’s just to keep them guessing/not pick up a foul when he can usually alter shots.
if he just stretches up ...he can stay on his feet, but getting on the toes adds about another foot or even a 4 inch jump where he is under control and he will start blocking shots. Where he is vulnerable is lane penetration and a bounce pass. ;)

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT