ADVERTISEMENT

Rutgers at Purdue: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

We’re shooting probably better than Minny did in the first half against us. The fact that an offensively challenged team is still in the game, is partially on the defense, and a product of some of the turnovers, but also probably some of that Rutgers magic they have against us.

Positives: Free throws are still going down, we are breaking their press with ease right now. Shooting insanely better than anyone could want

Negatives: with 45 points we should be winning by a lot more. Need to clean up the defensive glass, the silly turnovers (although they seem to have gotten those out of their system for the time being) and I can’t even figure out what the problem is on defense but they are scoring way too easy for a team that struggles with it

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Pos: shooting is off the chain, as is the aggressiveness on offense from several players. Heide playing amazing as is Braden although that's per usual now and same for Edey.

Neg: Giving up too many offensive rebounds and Loyer a no show again.

The girl that was in the halftime show had some talent. Well, at least that is what my 8 year old Grandson said. But I agree.

• Haha
Reactions: Schnelk
Ok, Boilers - nice latter stretch to that half....plus some hot shooting, and Purdue leads 52-33. Not over, but Boilers have put Rutgers in a bind.....need a strong start in the second half.....don't give them any life.

After four quick turnovers - finish with five, much better there.
hoping that great half will not be followed by a 30 pt er

Ok, Boilers - nice latter stretch to that half....plus some hot shooting, and Purdue leads 52-33. Not over, but Boilers have put Rutgers in a bind.....need a strong start in the second half.....don't give them any life.

After four quick turnovers - finish with five, much better there.
Just once keep the foot on the gas. If it’s 30+ with 10 mins left. Sure, pull the starters and give the other guys some minutes. But let’s play a complete game against a team that always gives us trouble. Let’s continue to get Monkeys off our backs.

I do think one thing is pretty strange. We seem to lose more games to teams we ONLY play once. Particularly on the road. Northwestern last year away. Rutgers at home. Nebraska and Ohio State this year.

Seems like every year we have the need for vengence

Good start to second half, really wish that 3 woulda fell for Loyer tho. If we get him going look out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT