ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Alabama MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Will be a really good style of play for Purdue to face in the non-conference. They want a track meet. Purdue can score with anyone, but the key to me is Braden's game management and not getting baited into being sped up. Purdue will obviously need to look for easy scores in transition, but if this is a half court game Purdue should win easily if they get good shots that lead to getting D set on other end.

Same for Berg
How so? He's from Sweden right?
Will be a really good style of play for Purdue to face in the non-conference. They want a track meet. Purdue can score with anyone, but the key to me is Braden's game management and not getting baited into being sped up. Purdue will obviously need to look for easy scores in transition, but if this is a half court game Purdue should win easily if they get good shots that lead to getting D set on other end.
Non conference game. Learn from it. I'd love to see them match Bama's uptempo and beat them ANYWAY.
I know we won't. Dictate the tempo, that is probably always going to be job #1 here.
Still love to see it. ;)

Non conference game. Learn from it. I'd love to see them match Bama's uptempo and beat them ANYWAY.
I know we won't. Dictate the tempo, that is probably always going to be job #1 here.
Still love to see it. ;)
O/U set at 161 (may have moved since then). So I’d say Vegas is expecting a high scoring game. We are avg 85 right now and bama is at 94 (obv both teams with some blow outs), but it should be an uptempo game and let’s see if we can keep up (I think we can).

Still love to see it. ;)
Just has to be outside the USA.

Relatively easy 10+ pt win
We could win by 10 but it won’t be easy. Bama has a lot of height, 5 players 6-10 or taller. All contribute and can score. Not bulky, should be quick. They have a couple tall guards, 6-6 and 6-9. Sears will score a bundle of points. Similar to what Buie put up. Their guards could cause match up issues. Only watched a little of the Clemson game. Thought Bama got hurried shooting and also had some TO’s.

Prob a 5 pt spread, either way.

Reactions: Do Dah Day
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. The Alabama Crimson Tide (6-2) take on the #4-ranked Purdue Boilermakers (8-1) in the Hall of Fame Series Showcase in Toronto, Ontario. Tip is scheduled for approximately 1:30 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on FOX network.

Projected Starting Line-ups:

Alabama - Mohamed Wague, Grant Nelson, Mark Sears, Rylan Griffen, Aaron Estrada

Purdue - Zach Edey, Trey Kaufman-Renn, Lance Jones, Fletcher Loyer, Braden Smith

Alabama is led by senior guard Mark Sears, who averages 19.8 points per game on 57.1 percent shooting with 4.4 rebounds and 4.3 assists per game. The Crimson Tide also relies on contributions from senior guard Aaron Estrada (16.4 points and 4.3 rebounds per game), senior forward Grant Nelson (14.0 points and 6.3 rebounds per game), and sophomore guard Rylan Griffen (8.0 points per game).

Alabama scores 94.1 points per game (2nd) and shoots 49.9 percent overall (24th), including 40.9 percent from beyond the arc (10th). Alabama converts 79.8 percent of its free-throw attempts (7th) and averages 36.8 rebounds (48th). Its opponents score 74.9 points per game (268th) on 43.5 percent shooting (224th), including 32.6 percent from three-point range (189th), with 28.6 rebounds per game (54th). They are very good on offense and like to push the pace. They can rebound well enough to give the Boilers problems as well.

They've also been pretty good with shot selection. This season, Alabama is attempting 47.3% of its shots at the rim, 42.8% of its shots from long range, and just 9.9% from the mid-range. Bama's fast-paced nature will put additional pressure on the Boilermakers' defense, as well. Estrada and Sears are a problem if you let them get in the paint, and teams have a hard time keeping them out of the paint.

If we see the Purdue team from the Northwestern game, the Boilers could be in for a tough day unless the shots really fall. If we see the Purdue effort and energy from the Iowa game, the Crimson Tide will have some big issues and likely headed for a third loss. I'll be interested to see what the Boilers can do on the defensive side with Alabama's guards. Let's also see if Purdue can take better care of the ball and limit the turnovers.

Regardless, this should be a really good game and easily the type of opponent Purdue could face if it were fortunate enough to get to the second week of NCAA Tournament play.

Can the Boilers make it a happy homecoming for Zach Edey? We shall see in a little more than an hour or so.

Boiler Up, my friends...

i
i

Reactions: proudopete
Was thinking Alabama also had a Canadian, but checked their roster and saw none? Not sure where I got that notion?

So looks like Butler game on FS1 won't finish by 1:30 Purdue start. Is the Purdue start on another channel??

Purdue definitely needs better spacing.....that exchange hurt with the break/turnover down just 4 and then give up another triple. Boilers need to weather this storm, but they are in for a battle today.

Wague - two fouls could be a factor.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT