ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. North Carolina State: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Laff

Purdue flag is hoisted at my house in Ohio. I expect a very tight, low scoring game…every team in the Final Four is very good. Hopefully…the ball bounces Purdue’s way. Boiler Up!

Feeling like the Boilers are locked in. I think we'll win by at least ten. I have my Purdue shirt on here in chilly Massachusetts where most people seem to be cheering for U Conn.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Today, from State Farm Stadium in Phoenix, it's the #11-seed and South Region winner North Carolina State Wolfpack (26-14, 4-0) and the #1-seed and Midwest Region winner, #3-ranked Purdue Boilermakers (33-4, 4-0) in the first of the two NCAA Tournament Final Four semi-final games. Tip is scheduled for approximately 6:09 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on TBS. The winner advances to the NCAA Title game against the winner of Connecticut and Alabama, following this game.

Projected Starting Line-ups:

North Carolina State - DJ Burns Jr., Mohamed Diarra, Michael O'Connell, DJ Horne, and Casey Morsell

Purdue - Zach Edey, Trey Kaufman-Renn, Lance Jones, Fletcher Loyer, and Braden Smith

North Carolina State comes in following a 76-64 win over 4th-seeded Duke in the South Region final. DJ Burns led the Wolfpack with a season-high 29 points and was named the South Region's Most Outstanding Player. DJ Horne added 20 points while Michael O'Connell had a career-high 11 rebounds and dished out a season-high six assists in the win. The Wolfpack put the game away in the second half by shooting 73 percent from the field and outscoring Duke by 18 points after trailing by six at the half. NC State held the Blue Devils to just 32 percent shooting from the field overall. Purdue outlasted a very good Tennessee team in a 72-66 win, breaking through in a back and forth contest with a strong last five minutes. Zach Edey led the way with a career-high 40 points to go along with 16 rebounds to earn the Midwest Region Most Outstanding Player honors. Fletcher Loyer added 14 points, and Braden Smith finished with nine points, seven rebounds and seven assists after controlling Purdue's offense.

North Carolina State has really hit its stride at just the right time, and make no mistake - this is a talented team playing very well now and is a deserving member of this semi-final group. They have reeled off nine straight wins including seven wins over tournament teams. Overall, the Wolfpack are 9-6 on the season against teams that made the NCAA Tournament.

In the tournament, the Wolfpack are averaging are scoring 75.5 points per game. They are shooting 47 percent from the field overall and 34 percent from 3-point range. The Wolfpack are knocking down seven 3-point field goals per game during this tournament run. Defense has been their calling card throughout the tournament - holding the opposition to just 65.5 points per game in the tournament. Teams are shooting just 35% overall and no team has been at 40% yet against them. The Wolfpack are holding teams to 24% from 3-point range and just seven 3-point field goals per game. On the glass, North Carolina State is averaging 40 rebounds per game and they are turning the ball over just 9.2 times per contest. Led by Burns, the Wolfpack are scoring 36 points per game in the paint.

This is a really intriguing match-up. For the Boilers, with each step, the competition and challenge increases. This is the toughest game to date on that scale. Both teams have a lot of confidence and success to build upon in this tournament....but only one team can came out victorious. Expect North Carolina State to continue to run its offense through Burns and his ability to score in the paint and find his teammates in passes from the post. Purdue will look to establish Zach Edey in the post and hopefully open up good opportunities from the outside when North Carolina State has to concentrate its defense on Edey.

On defense, North Carolina State has some front-court capacity to try and make Zach Edey uncomfortable on both ends of the floor. They will look to contain him and maybe get a break if they can force some fouls. North Carolina State has been very good against the 3-pt FG offense in the tournament - the Boilers struggled against Tennessee but have been one of the top two teams percentage wise from beyond the arc all season.....this will be one of the keys to the game. The other could be the turnovers for Purdue - it's been a good indicator all season, and I wouldn't expect things to change in this high pressure stakes game. Both of these schools are making their first appearance at this stage in more than 40 years.....should be a very competitive battle with the winner getting a well-deserved spot in the championship game on Monday night. Can the Boilers keep this season rolling on track and take one more big step toward the title?

We shall see, starting in a couple of hours or so.

Boiler Up, my friends......

i
i

Since Travis has posted a game discussion thread now, I have stopped mine.

2 hours to game time, time still seems to be going slow.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Chill Buddy. We wear everyone down and foul them down.
I know that but any game that is either important or tough my heat beat increases and I turn a little red. I need to see Zach hitting his shots early and no fouls and Purdue causing Burns some problems. Then I can start to relax. 😊. It is true that Purdue many times doesn’t started out well, but slowly makes its move

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
You're getting all techy on me
If you can go to tnt and back it up right.now do that and you will find it in the stream. Then when done fast forward all you can until you are caught up with the stream. It was some nice comments from a mother to a son that ended with you were made for this moment

Good afternoon, ladies and gentlemen. Today, from State Farm Stadium in Phoenix, it's the #11-seed and South Region winner North Carolina State Wolfpack (26-14, 4-0) and the #1-seed and Midwest Region winner, #3-ranked Purdue Boilermakers (33-4, 4-0) in the first of the two NCAA Tournament Final Four semi-final games. Tip is scheduled for approximately 6:09 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on TBS. The winner advances to the NCAA Title game against the winner of Connecticut and Alabama, following this game.

Projected Starting Line-ups:

North Carolina State - DJ Burns Jr., Mohamed Diarra, Michael O'Connell, DJ Horne, and Casey Morsell

Purdue - Zach Edey, Trey Kaufman-Renn, Lance Jones, Fletcher Loyer, and Braden Smith

North Carolina State comes in following a 76-64 win over 4th-seeded Duke in the South Region final. DJ Burns led the Wolfpack with a season-high 29 points and was named the South Region's Most Outstanding Player. DJ Horne added 20 points while Michael O'Connell had a career-high 11 rebounds and dished out a season-high six assists in the win. The Wolfpack put the game away in the second half by shooting 73 percent from the field and outscoring Duke by 18 points after trailing by six at the half. NC State held the Blue Devils to just 32 percent shooting from the field overall. Purdue outlasted a very good Tennessee team in a 72-66 win, breaking through in a back and forth contest with a strong last five minutes. Zach Edey led the way with a career-high 40 points to go along with 16 rebounds to earn the Midwest Region Most Outstanding Player honors. Fletcher Loyer added 14 points, and Braden Smith finished with nine points, seven rebounds and seven assists after controlling Purdue's offense.

North Carolina State has really hit its stride at just the right time, and make no mistake - this is a talented team playing very well now and is a deserving member of this semi-final group. They have reeled off nine straight wins including seven wins over tournament teams. Overall, the Wolfpack are 9-6 on the season against teams that made the NCAA Tournament.

In the tournament, the Wolfpack are averaging are scoring 75.5 points per game. They are shooting 47 percent from the field overall and 34 percent from 3-point range. The Wolfpack are knocking down seven 3-point field goals per game during this tournament run. Defense has been their calling card throughout the tournament - holding the opposition to just 65.5 points per game in the tournament. Teams are shooting just 35% overall and no team has been at 40% yet against them. The Wolfpack are holding teams to 24% from 3-point range and just seven 3-point field goals per game. On the glass, North Carolina State is averaging 40 rebounds per game and they are turning the ball over just 9.2 times per contest. Led by Burns, the Wolfpack are scoring 36 points per game in the paint.

This is a really intriguing match-up. For the Boilers, with each step, the competition and challenge increases. This is the toughest game to date on that scale. Both teams have a lot of confidence and success to build upon in this tournament....but only one team can came out victorious. Expect North Carolina State to continue to run its offense through Burns and his ability to score in the paint and find his teammates in passes from the post. Purdue will look to establish Zach Edey in the post and hopefully open up good opportunities from the outside when North Carolina State has to concentrate its defense on Edey.

On defense, North Carolina State has some front-court capacity to try and make Zach Edey uncomfortable on both ends of the floor. They will look to contain him and maybe get a break if they can force some fouls. North Carolina State has been very good against the 3-pt FG offense in the tournament - the Boilers struggled against Tennessee but have been one of the top two teams percentage wise from beyond the arc all season.....this will be one of the keys to the game. The other could be the turnovers for Purdue - it's been a good indicator all season, and I wouldn't expect things to change in this high pressure stakes game. Both of these schools are making their first appearance at this stage in more than 40 years.....should be a very competitive battle with the winner getting a well-deserved spot in the championship game on Monday night. Can the Boilers keep this season rolling on track and take one more big step toward the title?

We shall see, starting in a couple of hours or so.

Boiler Up, my friends......

i
i

Still coherent here at The Tap, and very confident in a Boiler double digit win. Let’s Rock and Roll! Queue John Bohnam.

Just an FYI……. Jim Boeheim on espn picked UNC, NC state, Purdue and UConn in his final four. Picked us to win

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT