ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. North Carolina State: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

I mentioned before the game we should terrorize them on the boards... we did. Burns had 1 rebound

That was the huge difference. We also hit our average from 3. Edey could not get position on burns which i assumed.

I did not assume they would allow burns and middlebrooks to absolutely foul the **** out if edey in multiple waya from arms smacks to 2 hands clearly in back.

Idk why painter isnt screaming 2 hands in back and talking to refs because EVERY team we play is getting away with that

I wish I could high five all of you in this forum!

Boiler fellowship - virtually, but still a certainty.

john-candy-i-know-you-ml02npamq5w64nrj.gif

I'm supposed to be more excited than I am. I had season tickets in 1980 and have waited a lifetime for this. I was nervous all the way to the end. We played like crap tbh, we won't win Monday if we play like this.

I'm relieved and a win is a win and we're headed to the National Championship on Monday. I'm in shock, I'm happy, I'm kind of in a trance. But we must do better no matter who we play on Monday. We need Braden. I don't want a participation trophy.

Holy hell... that was a heart attack in a bottle.

I'm supposed to be more excited than I am. I had season tickets in 1980 and have waited a lifetime for this. I was nervous all the way to the end. We played like crap tbh, we won't win Monday if we play like this.

I'm relieved and a win is a win and we're headed to the National Championship on Monday. I'm in shock, I'm happy, I'm kind of in a trance. But we must do better no matter who we play on Monday. We need Braden. I don't want a participation trophy.

Holy hell... that was a heart attack in a bottle.
I'm with you it's rather.. surreal... I mean no matter what happens, this season was something special.

Reactions: DrEss and Abugabby
Well, they lived up to their seeding. Great job team and coaches!!
Now, if Alabama wins, we get to wear the script home whites one more time, if UConn, we wear the road uniforms for the first time in this tournament. Bring on whomever. House money.
I’m glad the coaches are coaching. Some takes get a little out there

I don’t know what he said because I have him on ignore but even HE couldn’t bother me tonight!
Probably the correct thing to do. Look, I realize people get nervous, however get a damn grip! Purdue didn’t play a great game, still won by 13 points! One thing NC State does do is play great defense, they’re quick with their hands, made some guys make careless turnovers, it happens.

Thought that was one our better defensive games. The guards and wings did a much better job when going over screens staying glued to the ball handler and forced co tested pull ups rather than open ones.

Certainly helped that nc state missed a lot of shots, but we werent helping them out at all and made it tough

I said the refs were god awful. That is all. But he gets off at trying to do the "cool" thing and go at me
Come on, you said the fix was in, the refs were fine, you need to take some Valium if you get that nervous. The saying games are fixed makes me mad, it wasn’t and you know that. Been on these boards for 30 years, your posts rank up with the worst takes ever. I realize you get nervous, I do as well, however, blasting players, blasting refs, blasting Coaches is ignorant, it really is.

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
One more for the Boilers.

On the flip side, to survive with Braden Smith having a rough game......that could be good.

We shall see, folks.
I’ll include Zach not having his best game. Zach and Braden two keys for Purdue not having their best games and others stepping up? Coincidence?

Reactions: seminolesboilers
Probably the correct thing to do. Look, I realize people get nervous, however get a damn grip! Purdue didn’t play a great game, still won by 13 points! One thing NC State does do is play great defense, they’re quick with their hands, made some guys make careless turnovers, it happens.
That doesnt take away blatant missed foul calls. When a guy gets his fore arm smacked multiple times with no call and guys put 2 hands on your back in the post those are automatic inarguable foul calls.

But apparently the "have to be a contrarian" responses even go toward defending god awful refs.

Some of you are as pathetic as it gets with bashing other posters

well, to all the naysayers that say we win by living on the foul line, I don't think so
Refs swallowing whistle was rediculous. And then when they called fouls, tried at times to keep it even. Sad. Edey got fouled many more times that weren't called. Painter even took note in the huddle.

Reactions: krazychicagod
Come on, you said the fix was in, the refs were fine, you need to take some Valium if you get that nervous. The saying games are fixed makes me mad, it wasn’t and you know that.
LMFAO

That was the fewest fouls called on an opposing team I think ALL SEASON. In 38 games.

But ya the refs were fine. You are a grade A idiot. Just admit you feel better about yourself by attacking other posters. Hey, if thats what you need then go ahead.

Just know you look like an absolute moron saying that game was reffed fine

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT