ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. North Carolina State: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Refs swallowing whistle was rediculous. And then when they called fouls, tried at times to keep it even. Sad. Edey got fouled many more times that weren't called. Painter even took note in the huddle.
Thank you! But some people here are so desperate to feel better about themselves and bash me or others that they have to defend refs that were mind blowingly bad

Thank you! But some people here are so desperate to feel better about themselves and bash me or others that they have to defend refs that were mind blowingly bad

Well perhaps your credibility is low due to post history.

But perhaps you are partially right this time.
Well done, keep it up.

Reactions: BBG and BoilerAndy
One play fatass burns plowed through Jones on a screen another he hit edey in the head on a shot

Edey had his forearm grabbed no less than twice on those digs that werent called. Im talking up near the elbow. And burns and middlebrooks lived with 2 hands on edeys back.

Refs were fine tho according to some idiots here

That doesnt take away blatant missed foul calls. When a guy gets his fore arm smacked multiple times with no call and guys put 2 hands on your back in the post those are automatic inarguable foul calls.

But apparently the "have to be a contrarian" responses even go toward defending god awful refs.

Some of you are as pathetic as it gets with bashing other posters
The problem isn’t pointing out the refs are bad. To act like they are paid off and not just occasionally mediocre at their jobs is the take he’s arguing. There were clearly missed calls. Especially on Edey and Loyer .

hate to nit pick but that was a shoddy way to end it.
It is all about winning and Purdue wasn’t going to stop the clock on D and used the clock on O. There was no way they could win if Purdue didn’t turn it over and hit FTs. Purdue could just use the clock and hand them the ball and still win the last couple of minutes. Only bad if betting sometimes

The problem isn’t pointing out the refs are bad. To act like they are paid off and not just occasionally mediocre at their jobs is the take he’s arguing. There were clearly missed calls. Especially on Edey and Loyer .
With all the stories of sports betting issues in sports and you dont think its possible they were point shaving or attempting too??

Id say that is FAR more likely than being so ****ing bad at your job that you call the fewest fouls for us of the entire season in a game the other team was fouling blatantly and non stop

It is all about winning and Purdue wasn’t going to stop the clock on D and used the clock on O. There was no way they could win if Purdue didn’t turn it over and hit FTs. Purdue could just use the clock and hand them the ball and still win the last couple of minutes. Only bad if betting sometimes
I know , that betting angle always bothers me

Reactions: drewjin and tjreese
I'm supposed to be more excited than I am. I had season tickets in 1980 and have waited a lifetime for this. I was nervous all the way to the end. We played like crap tbh, we won't win Monday if we play like this.

I'm relieved and a win is a win and we're headed to the National Championship on Monday. I'm in shock, I'm happy, I'm kind of in a trance. But we must do better no matter who we play on Monday. We need Braden. I don't want a participation trophy.

Holy hell... that was a heart attack in a bottle.
Piece of cake 😁

Loyer was great tonight. Like unbelieveably great tonight! Stepped up big time on defense and offense. Drew three offensive fouls and probably should have had drawn 4 and was a stone cold killer from 3.

He Gillis and Jones stepping up and making big shots when needed.

Hope Smith got his one bad game out of his system (even though he still played great defense and rebounded well and had quite a few assists!). Need an A+ effort from the whole team Monday night for who ever it is.

PLAYING FOR A TITLE MONDAY NIGHT BABY BTFU!!!!!!!!!!!!

I'm supposed to be more excited than I am. I had season tickets in 1980 and have waited a lifetime for this. I was nervous all the way to the end. We played like crap tbh, we won't win Monday if we play like this.

I'm relieved and a win is a win and we're headed to the National Championship on Monday. I'm in shock, I'm happy, I'm kind of in a trance. But we must do better no matter who we play on Monday. We need Braden. I don't want a participation trophy.

Holy hell... that was a heart attack in a bottle.
Ho Hum. Another Purdue victory. Who's next? 😁

Come on, you said the fix was in, the refs were fine, you need to take some Valium if you get that nervous. The saying games are fixed makes me mad, it wasn’t and you know that. Been on these boards for 30 years, your posts rank up with the worst takes ever. I realize you get nervous, I do as well, however, blasting players, blasting refs, blasting Coaches is ignorant, it really is.
He’s a troll.

Reactions: BBG
how many times in his career has smith committed an over and back turnover? 2 in a row was just a big shocker to me. we sure need him to be on his game monday night. refs swallowed their whistles tonite and we still won. that is a mark of a good team.

I honestly don’t think so, he’s just fan equivalent of Dan Hurley on opium. Purdue and Chicago sports aren’t for the faint of heart
I wont even argue against this one because its true.

How stupid is someone to call me a troll when the knock on me is I probably care TOO much.

Like, knock me for something accurate, calling me a troll is so painfully stupid.

BUt again, some here ACTUALLY make themselves feel better by copy pasting insults to others

Good game guys. Our path to victory was narrow to start with. Losing O’Connell was tough. He was the glue guy that made us go. I thought our D did enough. Yours just did better. Good luck Monday.
NCS showed they were deserving. The two best players for Purdue never had their best games. Outside of the obvious I’m unsure if NCS did some things I never caught real time, but you know that was the desire of NCS and it happened. Both of you Wolfpack fans were great. I know your team is old, but you return some talent. Good luck next year and yes losing him hurt you

Last edited:
Hoping Braden got over whatever his problem was. And it’s a little late now but have the coaches not been screaming all year for Zach to keep the ball high and don’t try to dribble in there?

That doesnt take away blatant missed foul calls. When a guy gets his fore arm smacked multiple times with no call and guys put 2 hands on your back in the post those are automatic inarguable foul calls.

But apparently the "have to be a contrarian" responses even go toward defending god awful refs.

Some of you are as pathetic as it gets with bashing other posters
LMFAO

That was the fewest fouls called on an opposing team I think ALL SEASON. In 38 games.

But ya the refs were fine. You are a grade A idiot. Just admit you feel better about yourself by attacking other posters. Hey, if thats what you need then go ahead.

Just know you look like an absolute moron saying that game was reffed fine
You look like an idiot trashing players which you did, saying the fix is in, seriously are you 13 years old, if you are I apologize, I understand tempter tantrums happen. Every damn game it’s the same, Purdue isn’t good, they’re going to lose, the refs are cheating, Painter sucks etc. is it a wonder that half have you on ignore? Like I said, been on here since the late 90’s, you possibly are the most negative poster I’ve read. If basketball is that rough of a watch for you do other things, life can’t be that bad. I’m a longtime season ticket holder, got rid of them last year as age has made it tough to go every game, I try to ignore your posts, today reading them I had enough. The refs aren’t fixing games, if you think that you’re a idiot!

It's funny seeing you use the word "idiots". lol
Freaking imbecile, my comment was after his the fix is in crap, it was prededed by the typical Purdue sucks crap. If the team sucks don’t watch! Thanks for looking out, I try to add stuff to this board, seeing this crap today bothered me, maybe he’s 13 years old, if he is I apologize, if he’s a grown man I sure don’t feel bad him calling me an idiot considering half the board blocked his dumb ass.

You look like an idiot trashing players which you did, saying the fix is in, seriously are you 13 years old, if you are I apologize, I understand tempter tantrums happen. Every damn game it’s the same, Purdue isn’t good, they’re going to lose, the refs are cheating, Painter sucks etc. is it a wonder that half have you on ignore? Like I said, been on here since the late 90’s, you possibly are the most negative poster I’ve read. If basketball is that rough of a watch for you do other things, life can’t be that bad. I’m a longtime season ticket holder, got rid of them last year as age has made it tough to go every game, I try to ignore your posts, today reading them I had enough. The refs aren’t fixing games, if you think that you’re an idiot!
Stop treating this dip$ht like someone who matters…

You look like an idiot trashing players which you did, saying the fix is in, seriously are you 13 years old, if you are I apologize, I understand tempter tantrums happen. Every damn game it’s the same, Purdue isn’t good, they’re going to lose, the refs are cheating, Painter sucks etc. is it a wonder that half have you on ignore? Like I said, been on here since the late 90’s, you possibly are the most negative poster I’ve read. If basketball is that rough of a watch for you do other things, life can’t be that bad. I’m a longtime season ticket holder, got rid of them last year as age has made it tough to go every game, I try to ignore your posts, today reading them I had enough. The refs aren’t fixing games, if you think that you’re a idiot!
I didnt say ONE NEGATIVE thing about us today.. or last game, because we have played in a way I have no issues with.

I said smith is having a bad game but no where did I trash him, everyone saw smith struggling.

You COMPLETELY just made things up. You talk about my age but your age is showing. Possible dimentia and very much get off my lawn vibes.

Go take your meds grandpa and stop making shit up

Freaking imbecile, my comment was after his the fix is in crap, it was prededed by the typical Purdue sucks crap. If the team sucks don’t watch! Thanks for looking out, I try to add stuff to this board, seeing this crap today bothered me, maybe he’s 13 years old, if he is I apologize, if he’s a grown man I sure don’t feel bad him calling me an idiot considering half the board blocked his dumb ass.
I NEVER ONCE TRASHED PURDUE AT ALL. YOU DIMENTIA HAVING OLD MAN

Holy hell what a pathetic post by you. Either you truly have a medical condition or you think it is ok to completely lie and make things up.

I have been nothing but positive on this team. The only thing I have been angry at and blamed someone was our defense against gonzaga. Since then, they fixed it.

I never said purdue sucks. Jfc you are pathetic. Go yell at some kids for being on your grass. Or go yell randomly at no one around you. Take your meds

I didnt say ONE NEGATIVE thing about us today.. or last game, because we have played in a way I have no issues with.

I said smith is having a bad game but no where did I trash him, everyone saw smith struggling.

You COMPLETELY just made things up. You talk about my age but your age is showing. Possible dimentia and very much get off my lawn vibes.

Go take your meds grandpa and stop making shit up
You acted like an idiot all season.

Thats your opinion. I didnt start getting shit around here until the final month when we werent playing good and I called it out. Suddenly in the tourney we fixed a lot if that. Somehow that makes me an idiot a troll an IU fan etc. Because I called out the bad that I saw. Forgive me for being worried we may repeat what we have done so many times when we started playing the way former teams did.

Thankfully this team broke through and no one is more happy than me.

But for some some alzheimers patient to come in here and start attacking me for things today that were completely made up, that is NOT ok, no matyer your opinion of me.

If he does have alzheimers or dementia, I apologize.

Thats your opinion. I didnt start getting shit around here until the final month when we werent playing good and I called it out. Suddenly in the tourney we fixed a lot if that. Somehow that makes me an idiot a troll an IU fan etc. Because I called out the bad that I saw. Forgive me for being worried we may repeat what we have done so many times when we started playing the way former teams did.

Reactions: BBG
Lots of folks agree with mine
Yes and their is a coalition of cult like posters on here. You would take solace in their companionship. Thats fine.

Im not here to make friends. Im here to express my concerns, and share excitement in this run. I could care less what you think but I do care when people blatantly lie and make shit up.

Being in a cult is pure comedy, but being a lying POS is just disgusting. Though when you think of it, those 2 kind of go hand in hand

Clearly an attention whore— nobody can be this constently douchy unless they get their rocks off by stirring the $hit
What did I stir? I didnt do anything to anyone today. I ONLY talked purdue and said nothing wrong.

There have been multiple people now including you attacking me and calling me names, doing ALL of the stirring and fighting.

I didnt pick a fight or argument with a single person. ONLY talked purdue.

But you and the other cult members just cant go a game thread without attacking me and now are going as far as makimg things up completely.

Its pretty pathetic. But again. People like you that make themselves feel better by attacking others, though pathetic, are sad. I feel bad for you.

Yes and their is a coalition of cult like posters on here. You would take solace in their companionship. Thats fine.

Im not here to make friends. Im here to express my concerns, and share excitement in this run. I could care less what you think but I do care when people blatantly lie and make shit up.

Being in a cult is pure comedy, but being a lying POS is just disgusting. Though when you think of it, those 2 kind of go hand in hand
We have lots of intelligent, well spoken Purdue graduates on here, and then we also have you.

Reactions: BoilerAndy and BBG
We have lots of intelligent, well spoken Purdue graduates on here, and then we also have you.
All you keep doing is repeating yourself. There are a bunch of pathetic purdue graduates on here that berate others, out right lie, and cant talk strategy or in depth things on the court and instead choose to berate those that choose to bring up issues.

Yes there are others that are intelligent and understand the game, and can also admit when they are wrong. You, and the couple others that come at me non stop are not among them

Stop treating this dip$ht like someone who matters…
I had a few drinks with buddies while watching the game, got home and went to the posts, I’ve ignored them all year, I let him get the best of me, that’s on me, I was wrong. Teams in the Championship, he’s the last person I should worry about.

Reactions: drewjin
I NEVER ONCE TRASHED PURDUE AT ALL. YOU DIMENTIA HAVING OLD MAN

Holy hell what a pathetic post by you. Either you truly have a medical condition or you think it is ok to completely lie and make things up.

I have been nothing but positive on this team. The only thing I have been angry at and blamed someone was our defense against gonzaga. Since then, they fixed it.

I never said purdue sucks. Jfc you are pathetic. Go yell at some kids for being on your grass. Or go yell randomly at no one around you. Take your meds
I'll put this very simply for you, I have only been back here a short time and in that time it's become pretty evident you just want to be a dick. You've picked fights with pretty much everyone on here and have been called out time and time again by many posters on here and then go off on some karen induced rage. Take the hint as the biggest common denominator in ALL of this, is you.

That is all I will say.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT