ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Rutgers Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. Tonight, the top-ranked Purdue Boilermakers head to Rutgers for their first road conference game of the season to take on the Scarlet Knights. Tip is schedule for 7:00 pm (Eastern) with television coverage on Big Ten Network (BTN). Rutgers has won the last three in this series, including the last two played in the RAC - Now Jersey Mike's Arena.

Purdue is playing as well as any team in college basketball, recently, having secured the #1-ranking for the first time in program history. Even so, the Boilers have had some issues with turnovers (including 17 against Iowa, with some due to the poor handling of the Hawkeyes' press). The best thing the Scarlet Knights have done this season is take care of the basketball with just a 15.3% turnover rate, which is 29th nationally. Purdue forces turnovers at one of the lowest rates in the nation. They are also just average in taking care of the basketball (18.5%, 153rd). They certainly aren’t turnover prone every game, but Rutgers does have the potential to use their length and disrupt passing lanes. Purdue definitely needs to clean-up some mistakes and be able to handle Rutgers' on ball pressure. Rutgers will also have to pick their poison unless Purdue gets really cold from outside.

If the Boilers reduce the turnovers and keep the Scarlet Knights off the glass - they should be in good shape as there are some other match-ups they can exploit. Another key will be the availability of Geo Baker - he has given Purdue fits the last couple of years. If he is out or limited, that puts Rutgers in an even further bind.

Purdue will get a tough, physical effort from Rutgers......can they handle it and handle their first game as a #1-ranked team.....and on the road? We shall see.

I may not be able to participate tonight, so if I cannot - enjoy the game ladies and gentleman, and regardless.....

Boiler Up, my friends,

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

i
i

Last edited:
Good evening, Ladies and Gentlemen. Tonight, the top-ranked Purdue Boilermakers head to Rutgers for their first road conference game of the season to take on the Scarlet Knights. Tip is schedule for 7:00 pm (Eastern) with television coverage on Big Ten Network (BTN). Rutgers has won the last three in this series, including the last two played in the RAC - Now Jersey Mike's Arena.

Purdue is playing as well as any team in college basketball, recently, having secured the #1-ranking for the first time in program history. Even so, the Boilers have had some issues with turnovers (including 17 against Iowa, with some due to the poor handling of the Hawkeyes' press). The best thing the Scarlet Knights have done this season is take care of the basketball with just a 15.3% turnover rate, which is 29th nationally. Purdue forces turnovers at one of the lowest rates in the nation. They are also just average in taking care of the basketball (18.5%, 153rd). They certainly aren’t turnover prone every game, but Rutgers does have the potential to use their length and disrupt passing lanes. Purdue definitely needs to clean-up some mistakes and be able to handle Rutgers' on ball pressure. Rutgers will also have to pick their poison unless Purdue gets really cold from outside.

If the Boilers reduce the turnovers and keep the Scarlet Knights off the glass - they should be in good shape as there are some other match-ups they can exploit. Another key will be the availability of Geo Baker - he has given Purdue fits the last couple of years. If he is out or limited, that puts Rutgers in an even further bind.

Purdue will get a tough, physical effort from Rutgers......can they handle it and handle their first game as a #1-ranked team.....and on the road? We shall see.

I may not be able to participate tonight, so if I cannot - enjoy the game ladies and gentleman, and regardless.....

Boiler Up, my friends,

i
i
Ready at the beach!

Boiler Up, my friends,

i
i
Hope all is well with you Tex…

Reactions: TX4GB
With the Rutgers players continuing to come down with flu sure hope Purdue is pumping Tamiflu intravenously into these Boilermakers so they don’t get wiped out by illness next week🙈

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT