ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Ohio State Game Thread

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
It's a tough Big Ten Road game for the Purdue Boilermakers (13-1; 2-1) this evening travelling to Columbus, Ohio to take on the #24-ranked Ohio State Buckeyes (10-3; 2-0). Tip is scheduled for approximately 7:00 pm (Eastern time) with television coverage on Fox Sports 1 network. Purdue is coming off its first loss of the season, having dropped a close one to Rutgers on Monday. Ohio State most recently won at Northwestern to move to 2-0 in the conference.

Projected Starting Line-ups:

Purdue - Caleb Furst, Zach Edey, Ethan Morton, Fletcher Loyer, and Braden Smith

Ohio State - Brice Sensabaugh, Zed Key, Justice Sueing, Bruce Thornton, and Sean McNeil

Ohio State may not be quite the defensive juggernaut as Rutgers, but the Buckeyes can still play very physical on the wings and underneath. They don't have quite the length/size as the Scarlet Knights, but they can certainly provide some issues. On offense, they can spread the Boilers out some, and I would expect Zed Key will try to slow down Zach Edey on both ends of the floor. The Boilers will definitely need to maintain an edge on the defensive glass and limit second chance opportunities for the Buckeyes. Not only do the Buckeyes have an outstanding freshman with Brice Sensabaugh, they also have veteran players like Justice Sueing, Issac Likekele, and Sean McNeil, who seem to come up big when needed, and do a bit of everything on the court.

Purdue needs to mix it up on offense tonight with both Zach Edey, who should have a better (but still tough) match-up and some combination driving and select long-range opportunities from the wings. If either one of Edey or Key pick up some early fouls, it could tip the game one way or the other. I also look for Braden Smith to be more of a central cog this evening - Purdue will definitely need a complete game from him. Off the bench, Trey Kaufman-Renn might be able to give some better production down low, and if Brandon Newman can provide the same spark as last game, that will certainly help. Mason Gillis will also be a big factor in this game with Ohio State's front court.

Purdue also could use a better, more focused start than last game, especially being on the road......also, no mystery here - have to knock down some shots and limit turnovers/transition opportunities for the Buckeyes.

Can the Boilers bounce back from adversity and play with the requisite intensity and poise to get a big conference win on the road? We shall see in a few hours or so......should be a hard fought and entertaining contest.

Boiler Up, my friends.

i
i

The Boilermakers had a lot of teaching moments from the last game. Hopefully they have learned and play great tonight and steal a Big Ten road victory against a good OSU team.

This team started playing bad when Gillis got hurt... now hes back and Painter refuses to start him amd we continue not to look like we did early on.

This is not difficult. I truly dont understand why Painter is so ****ing stubborn to the detriment of the team

Reactions: Boiler8285
This team started playing bad when Gillis got hurt... now hes back and Painter refuses to start him amd we continue not to look like we did early on.

This is not difficult. I truly dont understand why Painter is so ****ing stubborn to the detriment of the team
He used to start Ronnie Johnson over Bryson Scott...drove Bryson insane.

I like the Furst for Gillis trade off

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT