ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Indiana (Game Thread)

Physical D Is usually a struggle for tre, but his whole game was effected. So many things could be pointed towards this loss, but something as simple as Zach making half his fts would be enough since Purdue would have some cushion a
It was mostly against a guy named Derr , who I mentioned this afternoon and a couple posters just said he 'a guy to give 5 fouls, OK

he's not NBA ready, if he plays in that league better get used to being fouled, falling to the court doesn't always sell a call. Terrible last shot too
Why did he drive towards the baseline instead of the basket? He could get in the lane and go up like he did 2 minutes earlier or get a body on the way to the rim. Baseline is not the easiest shot if not already facing the basket

Haha, that is a good one. Sasha routinely gets burned, cannot fight through screens and is slow closing out on three point shooters. That being said, we don’t have a good permitter defender this year so he may get the title by virtue of a lack of competition, but that is like being king of the jackasses. Someone has to have the title but not exactly an honor.
I could live w/ some defensive lapses but a 5th year sr hitting 1 of 8 have a problem with

Bitter disappointment, not just because we lost but that I realized this team is going nowhere in the tournament. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football held by Lucy. Every single year I fall for the hype that Purdue is heading to a Final Four.

Bitter disappointment, not just because we lost but that I realized this team is going nowhere in the tournament. I feel like Charlie Brown trying to kick the football held by Lucy. Every single year I fall for the hype that Purdue is heading to a Final Four.
Still just a game. What was our record the last year carssn played? We played terrible tonight for sure but this can be turned around

Reactions: Zaphod_B
It was mostly against a guy named Derr , who I mentioned this afternoon and a couple posters just said he 'a guy to give 5 fouls, OK
And the last big body iu had with knee issues. You could see the first possession when TJD was really pushing on Zach and Zach got called for a travel that it was going to be a physical game.

Trevion will bully when he can but when another bully stands up it is almost all finesse. Then add the 3 ball too much and it bites you. Purdue cut the lead down to 3 in a couple of minutes and was positioned to live at the line for most the second half, but...

who cares about revenge, we are the supposed #4 team go out and show it, we shouldn't lose to them but they deserved it

We're not a top 5 team right now... that's the point. We certainly can be, but this game set us back. Forget the whole portal pg talk, least of our worries. We didn't go near enough into Edey. Tre could be that for us too but he didn't get in position this game to do it. Not putting all the blame on him.... Painter didn't use matchups properly.

Reactions: drewjin
Have you thought that maybe Ivey HAS to force some shots given he’s the only player on the damn team who can create a shot for himself and for others?
Exactly. When your so called point guards pick up their dribble as soon as they get pressured across half court and can't feed the post, it kind of takes away the other offensive options.

And the last big body iu had with knee issues. You could see the first possession when TJD was really pushing on Zach and Zach got called for a travel that it was going to be a physical game.

Trevion will bully when he can but when another bully stands up it is almost all finesse. Then add the 3 ball too much and it bites you. Purdue cut the lead down to 3 in a couple of minutes and was positioned to live at the line for most the second half, but...
I'm ready for Trevion to go back to a score first mentality instead of a point guard mentality.

Another one play situation where as we don't put our best 5 players on the floor...Can't MP run some sort of High-low post plays with Big T and Edey?

I don't understand why Edey wasn't in for that play instead of Tre.... sometimes I just don't get CMP... but he gets the big bucks... I'm just an internet moron...
Us internet morons have the same number of FF appearances. The last sequences where ugly not to mention another guard going off on us while we slog around with our '90s toss it to the post and stand around offense.

• Sad
Reactions: drewjin
Another one play situation where as we don't put our best 5 players on the floor...Can't MP run some sort of High-low post plays with Big T and Edey?
I was thinking they should both be in there at the end. That would have thrown them off. Maybe easier shot for Ivey.

I was thinking they should both be in there at the end. That would have thrown them off. Maybe easier shot for Ivey.
I think he had them on D for the board when phinisee was shooting the last time...not sure about the first time that Purdue fumbled out of bounds

Exactly. When your so called point guards pick up their dribble as soon as they get pressured across half court and can't feed the post, it kind of takes away the other offensive options.
This is exactly what I said would happen. Our primary ball handlers not named Ivey we’re going to struggle with ius on ball pressure D. That was an easy call.
wish we would have gotten XJ in the portal

Reactions: BSIT
If Purdue is going to play through the post, the post players are going to have to make free throws. They’re going to get fouled, if they can’t convert from the line it’s essentially a turnover.
Tre is either good or bad with a 50% career. Zach was pretty good early last year and seems to struggle this year although he shot well in the I'll game. Ideally they put you in bonus and then the FT shooters attack and get to the line

You have to play the hot hand! Some guys will have bad nights. Williams did not and painter had him in at the end. IU played the hot hand and won. Even after Phinesse missed Woodson didn't give up and gave him another shot because he was fire. Guy plays a career game and he hit the shot. Just like Wisconsin with Johnny Davis. He had the ball almost every possession at the end. Edey should have been in the game.

Truthfully I didn't like it when he let Carsen play, but we know how that turned out!

It's a fine balance for a coach, let him play, or rein him in?
As you know...finding and pushing the right buttons that differ between every player is the challenge...and when young even more challenging

Reactions: Dandelion1972
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT