ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Illinois Game Thread

Yeah but even those leaders are "young" technically. Forgot where I heard it, but this is the first time in history we haven't had a senior on the team.

I would really like to see Newman take over being a leader. I think he has the mentality.
Newman and Ivey is key for our growth at the guard spot. I agree

I don’t know but we might be only a fraction better than last year. I don’t know if a see a huge difference. The only way we are better than around .500 is if Ivey and Newman get more consistent. I just don’t think we have the horses guard wise to guard anyone or go get a shot when we need it.
We were run out of the gym last year.

I just keep telling myself that the next couple of years....Especially with the two freshman coming in, that we will be a handful in the Big10....

I don’t know but we might be only a fraction better than last year. I don’t know if a see a huge difference. The only way we are better than around .500 is if Ivey and Newman get more consistent. I just don’t think we have the horses guard wise to guard anyone or go get a shot when we need it.
Our junior guards hopefully won't be playing much next year. Theyve been disappointing to say the least.

Reactions: NashvilleBoiler
And now Hunter is 0-6 with 3 turnovers. I was a huge fan of his prior to the last few games. He has been, kindly put, bad...
You have to think it's a slump because he's shown he is capable before. Mentally that can impact you as well and it can drag on and on......... I've had it happen to me when I was playing competitive sports back in the day. It happens.

If that is truly the case then he can break out of that slump and let's hope he does it next game back at home.

Our margin for error is so, so slim. We have to play a near perfect game to beat anybody because we can’t count on anyone to go get a bucket. Tre could be that guy if he could ever figure out how to hit a free throw.

Painter needs to socially distance the squad from the Beef House after this performance.

tenor.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT