ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Illinois vs Ohio State

SKYDOG

All-American
May 29, 2001
Did anyone see the end of this game? Shannon shot a free throw and made it. Officials were called to the table and reviewed an illegal player subbed in by Illinois. Was that the correct call to allow the made free throw? Illinois then put back the correct player and Shannon made the second free throw. The whole event just didn’t seem right to me.

I had 4 games on at once so I wasn't totally clear about what was happening. I know they wanted to get Rodgers in, but couldn't. But wasn't it a 2-shot foul? So it's not like it affected anything.

Shannon should have been called for a couple offensive fouls at the end. Would have fouled him out. Instead he got bailed by the refs and they were defensive fouls.

I had 4 games on at once so I wasn't totally clear about what was happening. I know they wanted to get Rodgers in, but couldn't. But wasn't it a 2-shot foul? So it's not like it affected anything.
It didn’t affect anything, but if it’s a rule wouldn’t it be an illegal substitution and the foul shot be overturned?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT