ADVERTISEMENT

OT: Dakich is back with more....

Nov 30, 2003
virtue signaling and identity politics. He is angry again. twitter war w/Rapheal Davis

virtue signaling and identity politics. He is angry again. twitter war w/Rapheal Davis

Man I used to like listening to to him but what has happened to him? IU, Purdue, Illinois and other fanbases have never been more aligned with their hatred of Dakich now.

I think the best post goes to Ant Wright. He breaks down Dakich’s “I shut down Michael Jordan” cred. He in fact, did not and UNC didn’t even know Dakich was playing:

I don't follow him anymore but I saw the thread with Raphael. Completely out of line. I wish RD didn't fight back like he did because he stooped to DD's level.

I saw the headline of DD Twitter war with Davis and was sure that Dan had called him out for the high water pants that he was wearing on BTN a few weeks back 😂

I saw the headline of DD Twitter war with Davis and was sure that Dan had called him out for the high water pants that he was wearing on BTN a few weeks back 😂
Oh he mentioned it in one of his tweets when trying to put down Davis

I don't follow DD or listen to anything he says. If he's having a war with Davis, it can't be about who was the better player or defender. Davis wins on both counts.

If DD wasn't being a loud mouth, seriously, what else would he do for a living? No one wants him to coach their team or have him as an announcer/analyst. He would have to get a regular factory job, what else can he do?

I feel ashamed that I listened to his noon show years ago while he was on ESPN. I actually kind of like him. He just turned into an absolutely mean and nasty person over the past few years. I don't get it. I also think of sports as an escape from real life so I hate mixing politics with sports as well.

I feel ashamed that I listened to his noon show years ago while he was on ESPN. I actually kind of like him. He just turned into an absolutely mean and nasty person over the past few years. I don't get it. I also think of sports as an escape from real life so I hate mixing politics with sports as well.

Unfortunately, sports went all woke and started mixing with politics. Might have started with Kapernick and his antics. Then, it started to really get shoved in peoples faces and a lot of people decided to shove back.

Unfortunately, sports went all woke and started mixing with politics. Might have started with Kapernick and his antics. Then, it started to really get shoved in peoples faces and a lot of people decided to shove back.
I don't know if it started with him, but that was a big part. So was Covid.

It's how these types stay relevant these days. Dazzle your listeners with facts and knowledge or do the shock jock thing. It all pays the same.
He's become the Madonna of sports broadcasting; grasping for a relevance and fans that have long since passed him by.

He’s taken things to the extreme the opposite way, it’s how he stays relevant, he used to be good, now he’s a shock jock looking for attention.

He’s taken things to the extreme the opposite way, it’s how he stays relevant, he used to be good, now he’s a shock jock looking for attention.
He definitely lives by the adage of "It doesn't matter what they say, as long as they say something".

I always get a kick out everyone saying they can't stand him and never watch his show. But somehow know everything about him and what he talks about.

Reminds me of all the hate McDonald's gets online. Everyone hates the place and never eat there. But somehow....someway.....every time I drive by a McDonalds.....cars are lined up around the building.

He definitely lives by the adage of "It doesn't matter what they say, as long as they say something".
I sat next to Dakich when his son played for Michigan when they played Purdue, he couldn’t have been nicer. Seeing him turn into a bully bothers me, he’s still a smart basketball man, however, he’s all about the fight now.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT