ADVERTISEMENT

To those that trust in Corporate media

Boilermaker03

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2004
Valparaiso, IN
I'm in a text chain with an acquaintance (I'm being vague for a reason to protect their identity) who is a writer for CNN. Here is what they had to say just today about corporate media in general:

"So much of what "appears" one way in the media and society is often manipulated by people and organizations with a lot of money trying to push an agenda to make more $$. I know you know this. I think the media deserves some blame - but the media is not alone. For instance- does the president of Ukraine really want the war to end? He says he does but his friends are making a lot of money from other countries giving Ukraine money. The examples of other types of fraud are countless. The media can only do so much to call out fraud. Our hands are tied by many people and organizations trying to hide the truth. It can be exhausting. I also think some media executives make a lot of money getting bribed etc. to push certain narratives to the public. It is sad.

But the truth is - a lot of professional media types like myself have limited power in what we can do to report the real truth
. There is no quick fix to solve this problem.

And as long as there are humans - there will always be fraud and manipulation and politics. It is human nature."

This is from my friend that went into media as a Democrat and is now a Republican.

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler Buck
My brother went on to write:

"As the infamous Nazi marketing director Goebbels once said, "tell a big enough lie often enough, it becomes the truth"

My acquaintance responded:

"I get it. It can be demoralizing. I see it firsthand every day. But at the end of the day we need jobs to make money. So we do the best we can under the circumstances."

Last edited:
Reactions: Boiler Buck
I'm in a text chain with an acquaintance (I'm being vague for a reason to protect their identity) who is a writer for CNN. Here is what they had to say just today about corporate media in general:

"So much of what "appears" one way in the media and society is often manipulated by people and organizations with a lot of money trying to push an agenda to make more $$. I know you know this. I think the media deserves some blame - but the media is not alone. For instance- does the president of Ukraine really want the war to end? He says he does but his friends are making a lot of money from other countries giving Ukraine money. The examples of other types of fraud are countless. The media can only do so much to call out fraud. Our hands are tired by many people and organizations trying to hide the truth. It can be exhausting. I also think some media executives make a lot of money getting bribed etc. to push certain narratives to the public. It is sad.

But the truth is - a lot of professional media types like myself have limited power in what we can do to report the real truth

And as long as there are humans - there will always be fraud and manipulation and politics. It is human nature."

This is from my friend that went into media as a Democrat and is now a Republican.

Good to know media types can't spell any better than the rest of us...lol...

"Our hands are tired by many people and organization"

• Haha
Reactions: Boilermaker03
If you're referring to Fox News when you say "corporate media," then I agree. They're the ones who have lost defamation lawsuits for spreading false information about electronic voting.

It's not really up to Zelensky when the war ends. It's up to Putin. The Ukrainians are defending their country, and while some people in Ukraine are getting wealthy off that, most are simply trying to survive.

If you're referring to Fox News when you say "corporate media," then I agree. They're the ones who have lost defamation lawsuits for spreading false information about electronic voting.

It's not really up to Zelensky when the war ends. It's up to Putin. The Ukrainians are defending their country, and while some people in Ukraine are getting wealthy off that, most are simply trying to survive.

Why the partisan response? Uncalled for.

The OP was talking about corporate media, hiding the truth, influence and $ that shapes agendas. Surely, you don't believe that ONLY happens in conservative media???

"So much of what "appears" one way in the media and society is often manipulated by people and organizations with a lot of money trying to push an agenda to make more $$. I know you know this. I think the media deserves some blame - but the media is not alone. For instance- does the president of Ukraine really want the war to end? He says he does but his friends are making a lot of money from other countries giving Ukraine money. The examples of other types of fraud are countless. The media can only do so much to call out fraud. Our hands are tied by many people and organizations trying to hide the truth. It can be exhausting. I also think some media executives make a lot of money getting bribed etc. to push certain narratives to the public. It is sad.

Stay away from corporate media (fox, cnn, msnbc, etc) and support independent media.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT