ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina State v. Purdue Game Thread (Hall of Fame Invitational)

That was one helluva run to win it. What almost 30 points from when we were down to when it ended? That might be enough to keep us in the top 10.
You don't drop out of the top 10 with one loss on a miracle buzzer beater. This game felt like a loss for 2 hours. I'm having a hard processing that we are still a 1 loss team.

Reactions: indyogb and BBG
You don't drop out of the top 10 with one loss on a miracle buzzer beater. This game felt like a loss for 2 hours. I'm having a hard processing that we are still a 1 loss team.
Agreed. For those of us who follow this team closely, it feels like they’ve lost the last 2-3 games. Fortunately the voters see 1 loss and a resume of wins that is equaled by maybe 2 other teams. Baylor will be unanimous #1 and after that it’s a cluster.

If we play that hard every game we can win every game. Regardless of our shooting slumps. We turned up the D when needed. Hopefully this is a wakeup. And we play that hard from the start.

Hunter and thompson should get 0 minutes the rest of the season unless they start driving by defenders and kicking to open guys or getting to the basket

Teams dont respect either of those 2 at all. Its 5v4 whenever 1 of those 2 is in.

They refuse to drive by anyone, just passively and helplessly dribble until someone is open to pass it away.

Hunter cant shoot for shit.. thompson needs to be wide open to get his shot off. Those 2 are net negatives.

Idk what the **** is going on with furst but hes been a net negative. Newman has been a net negative.

Suddenly we arent deep at all.

Starting lineup likely needs to be

Ivey
Newman
Sasha
Gillis
Tre

The edey starting needs to end. Newman hasnt been anywhere near as good since being benched last year. He can defend and atleast get his shot off quick.

Make these changes. This is not a final 4 team unless a TON changes/improves

Arizona has to be in the conversation after Baylor.

They should move up as will Bama....maybe they (AZ) crack the top 5, FDB. Wins over Michigan (though not as impressive now) and @ Illinois.

Looks better now than a couple of hours ago at least for the Boilers.....if there's going to be a bad stretch, rather it be now, naturally.

They should move up as will Bama....maybe they (AZ) crack the top 5, FDB. Wins over Michigan (though not as impressive now) and @ Illinois.

Looks better now than a couple of hours ago at least for the Boilers.....if there's going to be a bad stretch, rather it be now, naturally.
good post, Arizona looks really good and Bama was my pick as the team to watch in the dance after seeing them during the holidays, great guard play.

Whew. The boys really turned it on the last 8 minutes or so. It could be my fault we struggled up to that point; I stopped following the game at about that time. I promise not to watch/follow any games for a few weeks to stem the tide. I'm always willing to do my part. :D

Congrats to the guys on a hard fought comeback. Even if they hadn't pulled it out, I, as always, appreciate their efforts.

If we play that hard every game we can win every game. Regardless of our shooting slumps. We turned up the D when needed. Hopefully this is a wakeup. And we play that hard from the start.
This was the best defense I have seen them play this year. Need to do it the entire game.

And they must stop the silly turnovers.

Reactions: Roeder and indyogb
FYI, Ron Harper Jr is 1-8 tonight against Seton Hall. Sometimes it's just your night.
Those times when it is their night always seem to come against us. The announcers mentioned one of the NC State player was 2-20 on the year from 3 and he had like a billion made threes today.

Reactions: indyogb
Those times when it is their night always seem to come against us. The announcers mentioned one of the NC State player was 2-20 on the year from 3 and he had like a billion made threes today.
I'd feel worse if we didn't play good defense specifically against him, but I thought we did. He got some passes off when our team defense was ball-watching, but in general I thought he took a lot of contested shots.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Nice comeback today. That is what great teams do during winning time. The biggest takeaway is they showed some some grit and looked better on D the last 5 mins and overtime. Now they need to build on that intensity and togetherness on that end before conference play resumes.

Try to enjoy the season everyone. The last couple have not been pretty, but it's way too early to start jumping off cliffs. (I don't post GIFs, but if I did I'd put the one of Carsen telling Haarms to settle down about 20 times in response to some posts in these game threads). For perspective the elite 8/B1G champ team three years ago looked dead in the water at the same point in the season after losing to a bad ND team. There will be mistakes, they will learn, they will get better, and it's going to so much fun to watch if you let yourself enjoy it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT