ADVERTISEMENT

North Carolina State v. Purdue Game Thread (Hall of Fame Invitational)

Purdue Grad in Texas

All-American
Mar 22, 2010
Good Afternoon, Ladies and Gentleman. Today, the Purdue Boilermakers take on the North Carolina State Wolfpack in the Basketball Hall of Fame Invitational from the Barclays Center in Brooklyn. Scheduled tip is for around 2:00 (Eastern) with television coverage on the Big Ten Network. Purdue is 8-1 and coming off its first loss of the season having been upset Thursday evening @ Rutgers. NC State is 7-2, coming off a home victory over Bethune-Cookman.

North Carolina State leads the all-time series with Purdue, 4-1. Purdue's lone victory was in the last meeting back in 2014 - 66-61 in the Big Ten ACC challenge.

The Wolfpack is led by Dereon Seabron in the backcourt. Seabron, a junior, has scored 25 percent of the team's points this season and is averaging 19.4 over his last five games. He is joined by forward Jericole Hellems, contributing 15 points and 4.1 rebounds per contest. I would expect Jaden Ivey and Trevion Williams to pace Purdue, and it will be interesting to see if Zach Edey and Sasha Stefanovic can have a more potent impact than against Rutgers, although Zach Edey was limited to 16 minutes and still had 13 points and six rebounds.

How will the Boilers respond in wake of TH's disappointment? It's the same recipe - they need a focused, concentrated dose of intensity and need to get better production on the defensive end of the floor. Turnovers have improved a little, but there are still too many at key moments - when some uncertainty/hesitation has seemed to creep into the game play.

There may be a little less pressure for the Boilers as they will fall from the top spot in the rankings come tomorrow. A loss was inevitable, and naturally a conference defeat is more stinging, but if they learn from it and don't let it linger to affect future efforts, it could be a blessing in disguise. Can/will the Boilers get back on track? We shall see shortly.

Boiler Up, my friends.

isaachayes1x18x10x05xmc.jpg

i
i

We may not get to watch first half of this game…The IU game is”Whistle City” right now and 5 minutes of game time to go yet…

Reactions: TopSecretBoiler
Three good looks - Boiler not making them early....not the ideal start, and SS with the airball? wow

Don't panic, Boilers......down 8-0. Ouch.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Not paying attention. Need to sharpen execution.

It’s not their defense, we just aren’t putting the ball in the hole with open looks.

Reactions: BBG
Need to get some shots to fall .. holy crap.

Out-hustled and a little out of sorts on offense - getting some good looks, but the defense is a step or two slow - They have to settle down somehow, but they are digging a hole. It's early, but not the start you'd want.

Can Ivey stop getting lost on defense. This team knows better and continues to do the same thing. Sasha is definitely in a funk right now. Seems we're in a rush on offense

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT