ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel to Michigan

Glad he has to sit out a year because i don't see us beating michigan next year. The year after we should be pretty good, and we get furst. Really hope they come to mackey once he's eligible, will be interesting to see paint crews reaction. Im guessing there will be a few mom jokes tossed around.

Played at UM last year. I think that means we either play them twice or at home next year but I don't know if it's a perfect rotation like that.

Well at least he will get a good degree from a Big Ten school.....

What is Nojel studying again?

Michigan is a great school so at least he listened to Matt Painter about getting a good education......hope he graduates and gets his degree.

Boiler Up and can't wait to play them now.
I think his major is Child Psychology???

Are we sure Juwan Howard did not accidentally dial the wrong number? With the very highly rated recruiting class Michigan has coming and being in on a number of top recruits in coming years, this seems to make very little sense for Michigan, and I really do not understand how Nojel thinks he is going to play a bigger role in the offense at Michigan with the competition he is going to have at Michigan.

I wish him well, but I do not get this move.

This will be very awkward for all involved. Nojel has a year to work on his game and depending on what happens relative to playing time, Purdue will absolutely get his best effort when he is on the court. It is what it is, but will not be a win-win for Nojel and Purdue I doubt. Purdue will be solid and have talent at all spots that can score and a defensive stopper will not play as large a role against the Purdue team. He will need some O I assume (don't know what Mich has) to be of major value against Purdue. I really thought he would go to a smaller stature school that offered more freedom in offense efficiency...
exactly what I thought ... our balance will negate his strength!!!

Reactions: tjreese
Lmao...must’ve thought Juwan Howard is gonna make him a pro.
Better yet, he remains "in" the NBA draft at this point...maybe I should not post it, as, I could so see him/Mom forgetting to withdraw and him losing his eligibility.

This complete fiasco and all of the associated drama makes the RJ debacle look like nothing...at least those involved there did not continuously and repeatedly compound the idiocy around it.

Could not be a bigger win for Purdue in this matter...lost someone that was hurting the program...to a conference school, and, potentially at the expense of them wasting a scholarship on top of it for a year and hurting them in that regard with recruiting.

lol this is stupid. Lets just put each other on ignore and move on. You are not arguing in good faith. Good bye.

Put me on ignore if you want. I don't care. If you continue to post stupid stuff, I'll respond as I see fit.

Perhaps he looked at the career turnaround like Charles Matthews had there? Highly regarded recruit who had a bad jump shot and most his confidence.

I wish him well but we know how to defend him.
You are giving him/them WAY too much credit...they can't see the obvious (or refuse to)...no way that they did ANY research on anything...the mere fact that nobody involved acknowledges that a complete inability to actually shoot the basketball matters is ridiculous...thinking that it somehow will magically happen all of a sudden...more so.

This further proves Nojel is just getting terrible advice. It's unfortunate too because he could of been a great player at Purdue.

You can bet when/if we play UM this year he will play better than he ever has and score 9 points. And if he plays at Purdue, the crowd will be relentless and frankly he deserves the ribbing he will get. This was a dick move IMO and Painter is right, he's not a Boiler anymore.

And I don't dislike UM either and don't think Howard did anything more than take a player that decided to leave, but still.

Eastern has essentially become Sauce part 2.

You are giving him/them WAY too much credit...they can't see the obvious (or refuse to)...no way that they did ANY research on anything...the mere fact that nobody involved acknowledges that a complete inability to actually shoot the basketball matters is ridiculous...thinking that it somehow will magically happen all of a sudden...more so.
Do I understand you to say "they can't see the obvious" due to being oblivious to the importance to shoot the ball? Or did I not understand you correctly and oblivious to what may be obvious to many?

I would have paid at least $100 to have seen Painter's face when he first learned this news.
giphy.gif

Maybe he'll learn to shoot in 2 years. Momma has been saying he's been off mentally for 2+ years now..trying to get himself right...whatever that means.
He never found it at purdue

Maybe he'll learn to shoot in 2 years. Momma has been saying he's been off mentally for 2+ years now..trying to get himself right...whatever that means.
He never found it at purdue
I honestly think that’s her excuse for the fact that the kid may just be an old fashioned head case. She doesn’t really think he needs professional help. Lol

Reactions: IUhaterade
Not sure if it works like that. If I remember didn’t we play IU 2 straight years at their place a couple years back ?

Yes but that was before we went to 20 conference games, which has only been in place for one season, so who knows?

Reactions: JRowdy20
Not sure if it works like that. If I remember didn’t we play IU 2 straight years at their place a couple years back ?
that was to adjust due to the new members and then the move to protected rivals I'm thinking

Reactions: JRowdy20
I think they are just so cenile and momma is trying to grasp onto whatever dream she has for him. He can play overseas but won't sniff the NBA.

I got trashed in November when I said that he's a liability and won't ever be able to shoot -- I don't think changing schools does anything for him. If he is UM's best guard in 2021-22....they are not in good shape at all.

Michigan fan here...board members aren’t happy at all about this addition and it has many of us questioning juwan and his ability to construct a roster. Easterns a good defender but horrendous offensively. He was the lowest want by me of all the kids we had on our transfer board smh

Michigan fan here...board members aren’t happy at all about this addition and it has many of us questioning juwan and his ability to construct a roster. Easterns a good defender but horrendous offensively. He was the lowest want by me of all the kids we had on our transfer board smh

Well, it's interesting too because you're using a scholarship for 2 years and only getting 1 year of playing time.

Do I understand you to say "they can't see the obvious" due to being oblivious to the importance to shoot the ball? Or did I not understand you correctly and oblivious to what may be obvious to many?
They are oblivious to everything...including the obvious in that a complete inability to shoot the basketball matters...anywhere, but, especially where he was, and, where he is going.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT