ADVERTISEMENT

Juwan Howard out at Michigan?

Old Gold n Black

True Freshman
Nov 24, 2003
Word on the street here in Michigan is that Howard was let go earlier this morning. Some of the UM alums in my circle were talking about a media blackout on the matter, at least until the dust settles. Maybe just a rumor, but this thing seems to have grown legs.

Word on the street here in Michigan is that Howard was let go earlier this morning. Some of the UM alums in my circle were talking about a media blackout on the matter, at least until the dust settles. Maybe just a rumor, but this thing seems to have grown legs.
A school like Michigan should be a powerhouse so he should have been let go before now.

Reactions: The Boiler Special
Is Dusty May really the best those three can do? I'd like IU to keep Woodson but if they ditch him for May I am happy with that. Don't think he's ever going to be a top 5 coach in the Big Ten.

Is Dusty May really the best those three can do? I'd like IU to keep Woodson but if they ditch him for May I am happy with that. Don't think he's ever going to be a top 5 coach in the Big Ten.
Valid point. Those are all jobs that could command a Power 5 coach to jump to.

It’s hard to say what his ceiling is, but there seems to be a strong consensus that he is going to be in high demand this offseason.

I would not want to be the one who had to tell Howard. Unless I was behind bullit proof glass!

• Haha
Reactions: Old Gold n Black
I would not be shocked. I recall Hope was informed he was fired after the Minnesota game but they didn’t announce it until the end of the season. I would expect that Howard was informed and it leaked and the formal announcement was supposed to be next week. But the press never holds back anything anymore. So somebody leaked it.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT