ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel to Michigan

Nojel is a great defender but i do think he gets a little overrated by some. Did not even win the big ten defensive player of the year award.

If anyone is going to know how to beat his defense, it will be Painter. I have no doubt NE will get some stops but if Ivy is as good of a passer and Painter says he is, that type of player can and will nullify his defense.

we will find out I guess. I was a big Nojel fan for his defense but now I say good riddance. I have zero respect for the decision he made, and I just hope that we can make him look silly instead of watching him lock down another guard at Mackey but having it be one of ours this time.

Howard was taught by Freider and Steve Fisher. He knows how to cheat and I'm guessing he can tamper with the best of them...or have someone tamper for him. My guess.....Eastern now has a bit of dirt under his fingernails.
Frieder left in 1989 and Howard didn’t show up until fall of 1991, but I get your larger point: program was dirty that whole time...

Reactions: Inspector100
Hey maybe he is looking for his jump shot and thinks it’s in Michigan. It sure wasn’t in Chicago , or West Lafayette. Lol

If anyone is going to know how to beat his defense, it will be Painter. I have no doubt NE will get some stops but if Ivy is as good of a passer and Painter says he is, that type of player can and will nullify his defense.
There should be a pool.....Winner take all. Which PU player will give him the first body check, complete with bruise.

B
Your coach has never been considered the sharpest knife in the drawer. Belein would never have taken a kid from another Big 10 team, but then he has class and Howard is....Howard.
Not sure what taking a kid from another B1G school has to do with it... happens all the time. Painter took Spike when he left UM.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
morton is the passer...ivey the driver and scorer

Back in the day, wouldn’t the player not be able to be under scholarship if transfer within the Big10? Maybe I’m misremembering

in any case, we have soooo long to wait until Nojel comes back to Purdue to play, it will only matter if Michigan is “better” than or similar to us at that time. If we are better, it won’t really matter. I only bring this up because I haven’t seen too much to be concerned about from Juwan’s coaching thus far

Michigan fan here...board members aren’t happy at all about this addition and it has many of us questioning juwan and his ability to construct a roster. Easterns a good defender but horrendous offensively. He was the lowest want by me of all the kids we had on our transfer board smh
Of all the kids you had on your transfer board? LOL - is this transfer board updated hourly?? Clearly this decision was made before anybody at Purdue knew he was leaving.

He's a good kid and I wish him no ill. I hope he finds what he's looking for at Michigan. Maybe there's an abandoned jump shot lying somewhere along eastbound I-94. :cool:

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Of all the kids you had on your transfer board? LOL - is this transfer board updated hourly?? Clearly this decision was made before anybody at Purdue knew he was leaving.

He's a good kid and I wish him no ill. I hope he finds what he's looking for at Michigan. Maybe there's an abandoned jump shot lying somewhere along eastbound I-94. :cool:
If there is, how ironic would it be if it were his?

Interesting stuff if you’re into stats. We were negative with NE and Haarms on the floor.

Yep can't wait to see CMP strategy here.

wKGZPxS

Several have mentioned him playing football. He's too soft mentally for basketball, can you imagine him getting hit in D1 football? You think he has mommy issues now.....

Matt is going to want them to move the bodies and the ball...hit the open man and take good shots. Nothing will change but the offensive talent being all over the floor. Nojel can't guard all of them. Any adjustment will be when Purdue is on D ;)
T....thinking about this, he committed to U of M pretty quick after declaring. Wonder who contacted Howard and when, and with Meetchicken do you suspect any tampering? Or is Howard that stupid?

Reactions: Inspector100
T....thinking about this, he committed to U of M pretty quick after declaring. Wonder who contacted Howard and when, and with Meetchicken do you suspect any tampering? Or is Howard that stupid?
I would be absolutely shocked if this wasn't in the bag before the portal. Howard never went looking...I'm guessing he didn't have to look because he was found I imagine. Purdue has a lot of new faces next year and watching that growth is going to be fun...AND exciting! ;)

I would be absolutely shocked if this wasn't in the bag before the portal. Howard never went looking...I'm guessing he didn't have to look because he was found I imagine. Purdue has a lot of new faces next year and watching that growth is going to be fun...AND exciting! ;)
I think it had to be. I went to the IU board a bit ago, and they're even accusing Meetchicken and Howard of tampering.

We took spike Albrecht from michigan.

Um, let's be clear about this.

Spike Albrecht only played 1/3 of his last season at Michigan, and had a hip injury which forced him to actually stop playing basketball.

He managed to get healthier and he received his release from Michigan to play his 5th year on March 28. And guess what, he did that because Michigan didn't have a scholarship for him the next year.

He announced he was going to Purdue on May 3.

Not a day later.

These 2 are not remotely the same.

Last edited:
Interesting stuff if you’re into stats. We were negative with NE and Haarms on the floor.

Painter wanted to hire 2 positions, a recruiting person and a stat person. Purdue would let him hire 1.

So he hired the stat person....which I think is a very helpful thing these days. There's no doubt he knows this info already.

Reactions: TX4GB

There's literally 0 chance that this all came to fruition between going in the portal and announcing a commitment.

And I'm sure it certainly played into Painter's honesty...I'm sure he knew.

Um, let's be clear about this.

Spike Albrecht only played 1/3 of his last season at Michigan, and had a hip injury which forced him to actually stop playing basketball.

He managed to get healthier and he received his release from Michigan to play his 5th year on March 28. And guess what, he did that because Michigan didn't have a scholarship for him the next year.

He announced he was going to Purdue on May 3.

Not a day later.

These 2 are not remotely the same.
We took spike from Michigan. End of story. I never mentioned anything about specifics.

Not surprised he's playing for a former NBA player. A clearly calculated, but totally delusional move.
Let's not let it go unnoticed that regardless of our own thoughts regarding the individual(s) involved and on the matter, that Howard showed his true colors in this matter as well...shows all the more what UM was willing to sacrifice in replacing Beilein.

I liked Howard when he went to UM...admired him as a person and player...but, I lost respect for him after the whole Simpson mess last year and what a joke it was in how he handled that, and, certainly have lost more in how this all happened.

Reactions: JohnHoosierr
ADVERTISEMENT