ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel to Michigan

Perhaps he looked at the career turnaround like Charles Matthews had there? Highly regarded recruit who had a bad jump shot and most his confidence.

I wish him well but we know how to defend him.

Michigan fan here...board members aren’t happy at all about this addition and it has many of us questioning juwan and his ability to construct a roster. Easterns a good defender but horrendous offensively. He was the lowest want by me of all the kids we had on our transfer board smh

Michigan fan here...board members aren’t happy at all about this addition and it has many of us questioning juwan and his ability to construct a roster. Easterns a good defender but horrendous offensively. He was the lowest want by me of all the kids we had on our transfer board smh
To me, he’d be 50/50 if he could play right away. If he’s a sit one/play one, I really don’t get it. Why tie up a scholarship for 2 years?

Reactions: Zaphod_B and DAG10
Well at least he will get a good degree from a Big Ten school.....

What is Nojel studying again?

Michigan is a great school so at least he listened to Matt Painter about getting a good education......hope he graduates and gets his degree.

Boiler Up and can't wait to play them now.

He will probably help you win a few games if you use him right. I can't see his mom letting him go there unless they had promised him minutes at the point guard spot which is not a great way to use him. Convince him to be a point forward and he'll be ok. Great defensively, pretty good passer and takes care of the ball ok. Excellent rebounder as a guard which is about the only advantage to using him as such. As you already know, rarely even considers shooting beyond 12 feet.

Reactions: RichardMassive
Ingram is a better player than Eastern, sure it doesn't impact his decision. Why leave Purdue to go to Michigan when he is going to just come off the bench at either program?
Only because he had Michigan in his top 10 and as of now Nojel needs to sit a year. That could influence a recruits decision.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
Should make for an interesting greeting in Mackey in a year.
This will be very awkward for all involved. Nojel has a year to work on his game and depending on what happens relative to playing time, Purdue will absolutely get his best effort when he is on the court. It is what it is, but will not be a win-win for Nojel and Purdue I doubt. Purdue will be solid and have talent at all spots that can score and a defensive stopper will not play as large a role against the Purdue team. He will need some O I assume (don't know what Mich has) to be of major value against Purdue. I really thought he would go to a smaller stature school that offered more freedom in offense efficiency...

A rival school, well that is pretty lame. I guess he has to sit a year unless something changes with the rules. Don't agree with his thinking of course, but we will see how it turns out. I think he is getting some bad advice. Just as an example, he gained like ten pounds of muscle between his sophomore year and junior year; why? It wasn't like he was undersized or underweight to begin with. If you want to play point guard you want to be fast and light; not bulk-up (unless you are small to begin with). Now if you want to play the forward position I get it, but I don't think that is the case. Anyway, I am moving on.

Reactions: ejs1111 and DAG10
I hope we boo the absolute crap out of him. I hope we taunt him relentlessly about his complete inability to hit water if he fell out of a boat.

I wasn't even mad at him for leaving. A little bewildered, somewhat of a "WTF are you doing" moment similar to Matt Painter.

But now? Committing to a B1G rival in less than 24 hours? Screw that guy. He's dead to me.

Glad he has to sit out a year because i don't see us beating michigan next year. The year after we should be pretty good, and we get furst. Really hope they come to mackey once he's eligible, will be interesting to see paint crews reaction. Im guessing there will be a few mom jokes tossed around.

With how quick this happened, I would find it very hard to believe tampering wasn’t taking place. How do you make such a huge life decision in 2 days when you can’t even take visits? Oh well, at least we can close the book on the Eastern and Treed saga.

Don’t let TC4 see this... he will call you oblivious!

Reactions: purduepat1969
Just wait until you get to deal with the helicopter mother.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT