ADVERTISEMENT

Nojel to Michigan

There is an interesting rumor going around the UM board that Eastern (or more likely, his mom) said that either he plays next year, or he is off to the pros.

Gee whiz, there are probably 2-3 teams just waiting for him to show up. Who would have thought?

...or as another poster put it on the National board: “A semester away from a Purdue degree, and now unemployed. Thanks mom”.

:cool:

There is an interesting rumor going around the UM board that Eastern (or more likely, his mom) said that either he plays next year, or he is off to the pros.

Gee whiz, there are probably 2-3 teams just waiting for him to show up. Who would have thought?

...or as another poster put it on the National board: “A semester away from a Purdue degree, and now unemployed. Thanks mom”.

Does he speak Albanian?

We took spike from Michigan. End of story. I never mentioned anything about specifics.

You responded with "We took Spike" to a post about Howard taking Nojel from another Big Ten school.

Spike didn't have a scholarship in order to return to Michigan. He was released and over a month later chose Purdue (in his home state, 1 hour from his home). That's just not the same as taking a kid with eligibility within 24 hours where it clearly involved conversation before any announced transfer.

You can't just ignore details.

I am on the side of many others on here and doubt he plays another college game.

Reactions: buffboiler

No shit! My brother graduated with an executive MBA from Purdue today! Talked to him this morning and he sounded as proud as I have ever heard him. It does mean something. The whole PU thing that is.

You responded with "We took Spike" to a post about Howard taking Nojel from another Big Ten school.

Spike didn't have a scholarship in order to return to Michigan. He was released and over a month later chose Purdue (in his home state, 1 hour from his home). That's just not the same as taking a kid with eligibility within 24 hours where it clearly involved conversation before any announced transfer.

You can't just ignore details.
We did take spike from Michigan. That's exactly what happened.

I would almost bet money (but I won't because I'm not a risk taker :D) he is given a waiver by the NCAA and the Big Ten and suits up next year for Michigan. The time has come for the D-League, or G-League, or whatever the hell the NBA calls it to become a legitimate minor league. I used to fear the college game losing its standing but now I think I would still pull for a bunch of co-rec guys, as long as they represent Purdue. It might be better for everyone (other than Duke, Kentucky, North Carolina, Kansas, etc.) to let guys like Eastern, who really have little interest in continuing their education, gain experience and exposure for the professional ranks in a more appropriate minor league setup.

Last edited:
Reactions: Smokestack91
I'm not familiar with UM's roster or recruiting - are they this desperate for players?
Yes, very thin at the wing. We need bodies for next season, but I am not sure he will get a waiver. Eastern is a great defender, which will make him a valuable rotation player, but as a shooter he makes Xavier Simpson look like Steph Curry. Taking him for 2020-21 makes some sense because of the roster is so thin guard wise (signees making late decisions to go to G-League), but it makes zero sense if he has to sit out. We also hear that his mother is a pain in the ass and one thing I have learned is that pain in the ass parents do not stop being pains in the ass merely when there is a new coach.

We also hear that his mother is a pain in the ass and one thing I have learned is that pain in the ass parents do not stop being pains in the ass merely when there is a new coach.
As someone that has come to realize how she is after defending her, she is exactly that a huge pain.

Good luck, you will need it.

We did take spike from Michigan. That's exactly what happened.
You got this wrong in so many ways. Spike’s situation was so VERY much different than Jelly’s. I think you are missing most of the critical details. Simply repeating yourself doesn’t give us the idea that you understand either situation enough to comment on it.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, keep thinking about the way you are now. I do, however, reserve the right to laugh.

You got this wrong in so many ways. Spike’s situation was so VERY much different than Jelly’s. I think you are missing most of the critical details. Simply repeating yourself doesn’t give us the idea that you understand either situation enough to comment on it.

But hey, if it makes you feel better, keep thinking about the way you are now. I do, however, reserve the right to laugh.
Laugh all you want. That's what i do when i read every single one of your posts about nojel after he left, when just a few days earlier you were cussing out, and hurling vulgar and obscene comments at other posters in his defense. You sir, are a joke and a hypocrite. Oh, and I'm right by the way. :cool:

Laugh all you want. That's what i do when i read every single one of your posts about nojel after he left, when just a few days earlier you were cussing out, and hurling vulgar and obscene comments at other posters in his defense. You sir, are a joke and a hypocrite. Oh, and I'm right by the way. :cool:
I don’t think I was too vulgar. Mostly just enough to get people’s attention. Now, once again, the devil is in the details. If you don’t pay attention to the details, you miss the whole deal. This is like the whole Spike vs Nojel comparison. You seem to struggle with this level of discrimination. Let me explain it to you.

A few days ago Nojel was part of our team. I was trying my best to stop posters from baiting his mom, and to get through the noise, I had to be very direct and a little forceful. It seemed like a reasonable quest. Now, you may have noticed that Nojel is no longer part of our team. That means it is open season on him, especially the way he left. My entire perspective hinges on him being part of the team or him not being part of the team. Nothing hypocritical about that.

As far as you being ‘right’, Okay, I will let you be ‘right’ all you want. I still reserve the right to laugh.

Reactions: Inspector100
I don’t think I was too vulgar. Mostly just enough to get people’s attention. Now, once again, the devil is in the details. If you don’t pay attention to the details, you miss the whole deal. This is like the whole Spike vs Nojel comparison. You seem to struggle with this level of discrimination. Let me explain it to you.

A few days ago Nojel was part of our team. I was trying my best to stop posters from baiting his mom, and to get through the noise, I had to be very direct and a little forceful. It seemed like a reasonable quest. Now, you may have noticed that Nojel is no longer part of our team. That means it is open season on him, especially the way he left. My entire perspective hinges on him being part of the team or him not being part of the team. Nothing hypocritical about that.
As far as you being ‘right’, Okay, I will let you be ‘right’ all you want. I still reserve the right to laugh.

Trust me, you definitely got people's attention. Not for any good reasons though. And what exactly do you mean "especially the way he left". He tweeted out thank you with two gold and black hearts and didn't bad mouth anything about Purdue or anyone at Purdue on his way out. So I guess that's the difference between me and you. When a young kid respectfully exits the school to pursue his dreams, you deem it "open season" to trash him and his family. I on the other other hand respect that decision and say good luck. You honestly may be the biggest hypocrite on this board. Might as well just own it instead of typing essays on here trying to explain it away.

Trust me, you definitely got people's attention. Not for any good reasons though. And what exactly do you mean "especially the way he left". He tweeted out thank you with two gold and black hearts and didn't bad mouth anything about Purdue or anyone at Purdue on his way out. So I guess that's the difference between me and you. When a young kid respectfully exits the school to pursue his dreams, you deem it "open season" to trash him and his family. I on the other other hand respect that decision and say good luck. You honestly may be the biggest hypocrite on this board. Might as well just own it instead of typing essays on here trying to explain it away.

So now you are the "good reasons" police?

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
You are wrong here. He left Michigan, or more accurately was asked to leave Michigan. Then several weeks later he came here.

If house arrest has done nothing else it has sure ripped the mask off all the hidden Karens around us.
where'e the HILARIOUS button?

On another note, if you do choose to travel to visit mathboy - you will pass right by me ... and I am ALL IN on accompanying

I suspect the fact that he quit playing his best in December, if not before, and the lockerroom knew it ... that is when he "left."

Well, maybe we just disagree on a couple points and call it a night. I’ve no appetite to argue these points any further.

If anyone is going to know how to beat his defense, it will be Painter. I have no doubt NE will get some stops but if Ivy is as good of a passer and Painter says he is, that type of player can and will nullify his defense.
I always thought that he crossover stepped far too much as opposed to side sliding. He typically had big help in middle as support. As I recall he could be, and was, beaten off the dribble when he crossed over and his hips were turned about 20 degrees.

Reactions: Inspector100
I've had some thoughts regarding Wheeler in this whole Nojel saga. Wheeler sat on the bench his freshman year and learned to work and pkay from some guys with goid work ethic and he was productive in his red shirt year. Last year that support group was gone and the supposed leaders apparently did not exhibit much of a work ethic and one may well have been a pointer and complainer. Maybe Wheeler will never be a leader but might possibly find his way again if the current group has the work ethic as advertised.

On another note, if you do choose to travel to visit mathboy - you will pass right by me ... and I am ALL IN on accompanying

Oh so now you think I'm the kind of guy to pick up a toothless old hitchhiker.

Happy Trails!

41nt2d.gif

It's not that I wouldn't do it but His Royal Highness Gov JB Prickster has just decreed that his loyal subjects AKA Taxpayers on House Arrest "Shall not cross state lines into the corrupt Republican dominated territories that have opened businesses way too damned early to bankrupt the country and deliver it to Democrat control. Further we shall be prohibited from enjoying any of the corrupt businesses available in said enemy territory lest we bring unknown viruses and/or thoughts of corrupting freedoms back with us."

I usually like your posts. But on this one, you're dead wrong. When you text your coach out of the blue with no warning, and then end up with Michigan a day later, there's something wrong. He was clearly on his way out and planning his exit based on things his mother said here, but he was too gutless to give Painter any more notice than he did. And there's no way that he ended up at Michigan one day later without it being pre-planned.

I usually like your posts. But on this one, you're dead wrong. When you text your coach out of the blue with no warning, and then end up with Michigan a day later, there's something wrong. He was clearly on his way out and planning his exit based on things his mother said here, but he was too gutless to give Painter any more notice than he did. And there's no way that he ended up at Michigan one day later without it being pre-planned.
Maybe JH’s point is that no Big10 coach should ever accept an intra-league transfer regardless of details? Or at least any respectful coach? I don’t agree with that for the Spike situation (that seemed to be accepted/fine for all involved) but trying to give JH the benefit of the doubt.

Maybe JH’s point is that no Big10 coach should ever accept an intra-league transfer regardless of details? Or at least any respectful coach? I don’t agree with that for the Spike situation (that seemed to be accepted/fine for all involved) but trying to give JH the benefit of the doubt.

It still doesn't happen that often (including via graduate transfer), but the conference rules used to be quite punitive - couldn't remain on scholarship and had to sit a year.

Here's a partial list courtesy of btn.com of basketball transfers within the conference:

Spike Albrecht – Michigan to Purdue
Max Bielfeldt – Michigan to Indiana
Jarrod Uthoff – Wisconsin to Iowa
Sharif Chambliss – Penn State to Wisconsin
Luke Recker – Indiana to Iowa, via Arizona
Ben Johnson – Northwestern to Minnesota
Sam Okey – Wisconsin to Iowa
Lawrence Funderburke – Indiana to Ohio State
Brad Sellers – Wisconsin to Ohio State

Way back when, I recall Derek Holcomb transferring from Indiana to Illinois.

Reactions: SKYDOG
I might be mistaken but I think John Beilein helped facilitate the transfer of Spike to Purdue. He felt bad there was no opening on the UM team for him.

And why Meetchicken? What do they have that is going to turn Nojel into an overnight lottery pick? Here's what they have....a coach who grew up in a cheater's environment under Fisher. A coach who played on a team that "allegedly" drove new cars, "allegedly" had new clothes, who "allegedly" was coddled by boosters. If it stinks like a dead Wolverine, it's probably a dead Wolverine.

ADVERTISEMENT