ADVERTISEMENT

Next Verbal for 2021?

Hey @IUHDog, we were only questioning how hard we were recruiting Collinsworth we didn’t flat-out say we weren’t. Come on bro.

Hey @IUHDog, we were only questioning how hard we were recruiting Collinsworth we didn’t flat-out say we weren’t. Come on bro.

Had been hoping Collinsworth would choose IU. Nice looking prospect but he chose to stay close to home.

Good week on the whole for IU with commitments from Cooper Jones and Aaron Steinfeldt but concerned about O-line recruiting.

Seems clear that Purdue leads for Zack Richards. Not as clear on Josh Sales. Does anyone have any sense of that one?

IU is in good shape for Vinny Fiacable who I don't think Purdue is recruiting.

Had been hoping Collinsworth would choose IU. Nice looking prospect but he chose to stay close to home.

Good week on the whole for IU with commitments from Cooper Jones and Aaron Steinfeldt but concerned about O-line recruiting.

Seems clear that Purdue leads for Zack Richards. Not as clear on Josh Sales. Does anyone have any sense of that one?

Why concerned with o-line?

Richards seems to def be a Purdue lean and there’s been rumblings that Sales is pretty high on Purdue too. We also have the nice luxury that both Sales and Richards have teammates (Terrell and Alston-VandeVanter) already committed to Purdue.

And nope don’t believe we’re recruiting Fiacable.

I bet schools will stay in touch with Collinsworth, in case Fickell leaves. He’s not gonna be there forever.

Why concerned with o-line?

Richards seems to def be a Purdue lean and there’s been rumblings that Sales is pretty high on Purdue too. We also have the nice luxury that both Sales and Richards have teammates (Terrell and Alston-VandeVanter) already committed to Purdue.

And nope don’t believe we’re recruiting Fiacable.

Concerned might be overstating it but IU missed on a number of their top targets at O-line a year ago (Fryar and Lewis in state in particular). I was hoping to see Collinsworth and Sales join the class.

Allen did a nice job finding guys down south the last two years in Matthew Bedford and Khalil Benson but it's always better to land the guys closer to home first.

Concerned might be overstating it but IU missed on a number of their top targets at O-line a year ago (Fryar and Lewis in state in particular). I was hoping to see Collinsworth and Sales join the class.

Allen did a nice job finding guys down south the last two years in Matthew Bedford and Khalil Benson but it's always better to land the guys closer to home first.

Ahh I see. You guys wanted Hartwig too I’m guessing?

Juat saw Fiacable committed. Wonder when Sales will decide. I know Purdue feels good about landing both him and Richards.

You think Allen will stay on Collinsworth, in case Fickell moves on to greener pastures?

Ahh I see. You guys wanted Hartwig too I’m guessing?

Juat saw Fiacable committed. Wonder when Sales will decide. I know Purdue feels good about landing both him and Richards.

I'm sure they wanted Hartwig as well but I never got the sense that was likely so I don't view that as a miss quite the same way.

I've heard good things about IU and Sales but that was a while ago so who knows.

You think Allen will stay on Collinsworth, in case Fickell moves on to greener pastures?

I know they liked Collinsworth so I would think they would stay in his ear. Thing is, spots on the interior of the line tend to full up quickly and there's a sense that Collinsworth may be a better fit inside.

And that is what I posted - that Collinsworth wasn't being recruited "as hard". But I think it was pretty obvious he was a top tier target for Purdue. Don't think IU had much of a chance with him.

And that is what I posted - that Collinsworth wasn't being recruited "as hard". But I think it was pretty obvious he was a top tier target for Purdue. Don't think IU had much of a chance with him.

I'm not sure how one would rate how hard one school is recruiting a player vs another school

He lives in So IN, one of the states best OL, and he wasn't being pursued "as hard" by IU.

If Allen wasn't pursuing this kid "as hard", he appears to be the kind of coach non-IU fans have been saying he is.

I'm not sure how one would rate how hard one school is recruiting a player vs another school

He lives in So IN, one of the states best OL, and he wasn't being pursued "as hard" by IU.

If Allen wasn't pursuing this kid "as hard", he appears to be the kind of coach non-IU fans have been saying he is.

My understanding is that IU liked him and recruited him. I personally see it as miss. That said, he lives 30 minutes or so from Cincinnati and chose to stay closer to home.

The "as hard" comment was about Purdue's recruiting of Collinsworth. IU recruited him hard. Always thought he would commit to Purdue.

I think Fiacable was a lot like Alstott for PU... not the highest OL prospect on the board but pretty close to a slam dunk, and as they say- one in the hand is worth two in the bush (especially with how weird recruiting will be this year... it will be much harder to find and land out of state guys without camps).

I think Fiacable was a lot like Alstott for PU... not the highest OL prospect on the board but pretty close to a slam dunk, and as they say- one in the hand is worth two in the bush (especially with how weird recruiting will be this year... it will be much harder to find and land out of state guys without camps).

What are your thoughts on Sales?

What are your thoughts on Sales?

Seems like a two horse race to me. I have heard both schools are in good shape. I'm not sure he got to IU's campus before everything shut down.. will be interesting to see if that is the deciding factor. I think both school are all over him though.

Seems like a two horse race to me. I have heard both schools are in good shape. I'm not sure he got to IU's campus before everything shut down.. will be interesting to see if that is the deciding factor. I think both school are all over him though.

Sales was on Indiana's campus at the end of January.

I don't know how others see it but I can't recall a time where both IU and Purdue were recruiting at a high level in state at the same time.

Long way to go with this class, but if you look at the last few cycles and the start of this one, the number of high major in state kids with options throughout the B1G and elsewhere that are choosing to stay in state is more than I ever recall in the past.

I don't know how others see it but I can't recall a time where both IU and Purdue were recruiting at a high level in state at the same time.

Long way to go with this class, but if you look at the last few cycles and the start of this one, the number of high major in state kids with options throughout the B1G and elsewhere that are choosing to stay in state is more than I ever recall in the past.
Mid 2000s when ND was down.

I don't think IU was recruiting near this level in the mid 2000s.
What level ? Average ? I think they were. They’ve got some commits from Indiana, but not any of the top ones. Looks like the start of s typical Average at best IU class. I’m sure they will finish in the 45-55 nationally again and 11-13 range in the Big Ten.

What level ? Average ? I think they were. They’ve got some commits from Indiana, but not any of the top ones. Looks like the start of s typical Average at best IU class. I’m sure they will finish in the 45-55 nationally again and 11-13 range in the Big Ten.
I mean, they definitely weren’t.. the last few classes are the highest for IU since rankings began. Mid 2000s had very few highly-sought recruits, and a ton of guys with IU as their only P5 offer.

But why go on to throw stones in a glass house? IU has 3 in-state recruits higher than any for Purdue including #6 and #7 according to rivals (#5/#8 on the composite)... I would say, especially in a stacked 21 class, that those are some of the top ones.

I mean, they definitely weren’t.. the last few classes are the highest for IU since rankings began. Mid 2000s had very few highly-sought recruits, and a ton of guys with IU as their only P5 offer.

But why go on to throw stones in a glass house? IU has 3 in-state recruits higher than any for Purdue including #6 and #7 according to rivals (#5/#8 on the composite)... I would say, especially in a stacked 21 class, that those are some of the top ones.
2020 class was a huge step back for IU. 2019 had some nicely rated players but each came with big question marks. I’m sure Purdue will end up with a much better class for the 3rd year in a row.

Reactions: JRowdy20
2020 class was a huge step back for IU. 2019 had some nicely rated players but each came with big question marks. I’m sure Purdue will end up with a much better class for the 3rd year in a row.
Apart from being a smaller class it was still good by IU’s historical standards, which was the question. 2nd highest average commit rating on the composite behind the 2018 class.

It is Tristan Cox. Very nice pickup. We need LBs in our new defensive scheme. He already has good size.

Who is next?

Apart from being a smaller class it was still good by IU’s historical standards, which was the question. 2nd highest average commit rating on the composite behind the 2018 class.
And still way bellow Purdue’s 2019 and 2020 classes. And what glass house. Brohm is killing IU in recruiting. The 2020 IU class was an embarrassment for a program supposedly on the rise. I guess the recruits saw the schedule and aren’t buying it. Dude was trying to put IU and Purdue in the same class when it comes to recent recruiting and they aren’t.

Last edited:
Josh Sales picked up an offer from MSU yesterday apparently. Wouldn't be surprised to see his offer list continue to grow.

And still way bellow Purdue’s 2019 and 2020 classes. And what glass house. Brohm is killing IU in recruiting. The 2020 IU class was an embarrassment for a program supposedly on the rise. I guess the recruits saw the schedule and aren’t buying it. Dude was trying to put IU and Purdue in the same class when it comes to recent recruiting and they aren’t.

Glass house regarding top commits in state this year when Purdue has none compared to IU... anyways... the context of the original poster was both schools recruiting *in-state* at the high level, versus historical standards. And a quick look through the Indiana composite rankings the last few years bears it out.

All top 5 players in the 2019 class went to one of the two. It's possible it will happen again in 2021 with the exception of Fisher. 2020 was a down year for both teams in-state (then again, not a stellar in-state class).. I think the comparison is valid, but to each their own.

Reactions: BTBall

I think IU will end up with McCulley, Booker, and Sales in the class to go along with Cooper, McGraw, and Stenifeldt. That would be the number 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, & 11 ranked recruits in Indiana.

I'd take that...

I think IU will end up with McCulley, Booker, and Sales in the class to go along with Cooper, McGraw, and Stenifeldt. That would be the number 3, 6, 7, 9, 10, & 11 ranked recruits in Indiana.

I'd take that...
And you are basing getting McCulley and Sales on what ? I bet McCulley is really hating the idea of throwing to all that wide receiver talent at Purdue. Also being coached by 2 former NFL QB’s and one being considered one of the best offensive minds in the game.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT