ADVERTISEMENT

New Texas Voting Laws

The state legislatures were appalled and you're seeing the result in the changes to the laws.
If by appalled you mean that they know the only way they can keep a foothold is by restricting voting rights then yeah, I can get behind that version of appalled. Otherwise you’re just talking out of your youtube, per usual.

I’m not regurgitating anything. I told you guys several times blacks enjoyed Sunday voting, 24 hr voting, mail in voting, drop boxes, absentee etc. Prior to the 2008 election a lot of blacks in the urban areas did not have state ID’s at the time. After blacks overwhelmingly voted for Obama, 2009 and after it’s now a problem and now it’s required. Like I told bonefish1, the Dems in general voted more mail in more than the repubs. These laws not only targets blacks but they also targeted the dems. The Republican strategists did their job well and recommended the necessary law changes based on the voting patterns of blacks and the dems to attempt to take control of Congress.
OK, they enjoyed these voting conveniences. So did whites. What about these laws will PREVENT blacks from voting? What actually SUPPRESSES black votes? I'm not talking about inconveniences of not being able to turn in an absentee ballot without a valid ID, not having absentee ballots automatically mailed to you, etc.. What will keep a black person from voting that won't keep a white person from voting?

If there was little to no voter fraud but voting options used mostly by people of color are restricted, what conclusion would you draw?

If you're going to argue there was voter fraud in Texas, provide a link. I already did.
I never suggested there was voter fraud. But BNI is suggesting these law changes target black people more than whites. Why?

I never suggested there was voter fraud. But BNI is suggesting these law changes target black people more than whites. Why?
When you take away Sunday voting that blacks enjoyed, yes that is targeting blacks. Due to collateral damage, whites get affected as well. The entire Democratic Party is affected by these changes. These changes are exactly what the Dems enjoyed for awhile now. The repubs did not like the 2020 results and now are changing the laws. Why change voting laws when there is no fraud?

Well Texas and Governor Abbot sure as hell are saying there was voter fraud. My understanding is that's the stated purpose of the new laws.

If You say there was no fraud, what's your understanding of why the laws were passed?

• Haha
Reactions: Crayfish57
Well Texas and Governor Abbot sure as hell are saying there was voter fraud. My understanding is that's the stated purpose of the new laws.

If You say there was no fraud, what's your understanding of why the laws were passed?
I don't care why they were passed. But I don't see anything unreasonable in them. Indiana doesn't have 24 hour voting. Nor does it have Sunday voting. So why does Texas require it? Why do blacks require it? And why would taking that away constitute voter suppression? Or prevent blacks from voting. Those are the questions I've asked that neither you nor @BNIBoiler have answered.

To MaKe ThE eLeCtIoN mOrE sEcUrE

I don't care why they were passed. But I don't see anything unreasonable in them. Indiana doesn't have 24 hour voting. Nor does it have Sunday voting. So why does Texas require it? Why do blacks require it? And why would taking that away constitute voter suppression? Or prevent blacks from voting. Those are the questions I've asked that neither you nor @BNIBoiler have answered.
None of this shit bothered you before it was brought up. I would wager you didn’t even know Sunday voting was allowed in some places. Let’s not pretend you gave a thought to any of this before you were gaslit about it.

When you take away Sunday voting that blacks enjoyed, yes that is targeting blacks. Due to collateral damage, whites get affected as well. The entire Democratic Party is affected by these changes. These changes are exactly what the Dems enjoyed for awhile now. The repubs did not like the 2020 results and now are changing the laws. Why change voting laws when there is no fraud?
Enjoying conveniences doesn't constitute suppression when those conveniences are taken away. I don't care why the laws were passed. But I don't see anything unreasonable in them. Indiana doesn't have 24 hour voting. Nor does it have Sunday voting. So why does Texas require it? Why do blacks require it? And why would taking that away constitute voter suppression? Or prevent blacks from voting. Those are the questions I've asked

None of this shit bothered you before it was brought up. I would wager you didn’t even know Sunday voting was allowed in some places. Let’s not pretend you gave a thought to any of this before you were gaslit about it.
Like I said. I couldn't care less if Sunday voting occurred. Bring it back for all I care. But NONE of you have answered the question as to how taking it away keeps anyone from voting.

Reactions: bonefish1
Like I said. I couldn't care less if Sunday voting occurred. Bring it back for all I care. But NONE of you have answered the question as to how taking it away keeps anyone from voting.
That’s not on us. It’s on you to justify taking it away.

That’s not on us. It’s on you to justify taking it away.
Uhm, no. You're the ones screaming "voter suppression". So I'm methodically and unemotionally trying to get your justification for using the term "suppression", which means prevention. How are these laws preventing a black person or a white person from casting a vote? I'm waiting...

Secondarily, why don't all states have similar laws. We don't have Sunday voting in Indiana. Is it really necessary?

Reactions: Riveting
Uhm, no. You're the ones screaming "voter suppression". So I'm methodically and unemotionally trying to get your justification for using the term "suppression", which means prevention. How are these laws preventing a black person or a white person from casting a vote? I'm waiting...
They’re being taken away under the guise of voting integrity, so it falls on those taking it away to justify it. So far, no one has. Removing tried and true methods of voting with no justification absolutely falls under suppression when removing those methods makes it exponentially more difficult than it was before.

I don’t know why this is so difficult for folks to understand.

They’re being taken away under the guise of voting integrity, so it falls on those taking it away to justify it. So far, no one has. Removing tried and true methods of voting with no justification absolutely falls under suppression when removing those methods makes it exponentially more difficult than it was before.

I don’t know why this is so difficult for folks to understand.
An elected state legislature made the change, so that in and of itself justifies it. Right, puf?

If people object, they can take it to the courts.

Reactions: jrcrist
An elected state legislature made the change, so that in and of itself justifies it. Right, puf?

If people object, they can take it to the courts.
A response from someone who would never be accused of being smart or a deep thinker. At least you’re in good company with the rest of your kennel club on here.

And no, that in and of itself does not justify it.

A response from someone who would never be accused of being smart or a deep thinker. At least you’re in good company with the rest of your kennel club on here.

And no, that in and of itself does not justify it.
No? You don't believe state legislatures should making voting laws for their states?

Some day you should read the US Constitution. You'll be surprised at what is in it.

Enjoying conveniences doesn't constitute suppression when those conveniences are taken away. I don't care why the laws were passed. But I don't see anything unreasonable in them. Indiana doesn't have 24 hour voting. Nor does it have Sunday voting. So why does Texas require it? Why do blacks require it? And why would taking that away constitute voter suppression? Or prevent blacks from voting. Those are the questions I've asked
Changing the laws in of itself is not the issue. The reason why they changes theses laws is the issue. The obvious reason that they changed the laws is because some Republican strategists artfully found a pattern in voting of blacks and the Dems. This started in 2009 after Obama was elected. All of a sudden voter ID became as issue when it was never a problem. Knowing that a lot blacks in urban areas did not have a state issued ID they changed the laws to required ID. At the same time they saw that blacks enjoy voting on Sundays. They called it “Souls to the Polls” because they would go after church to the polls. This was done for decades. They they slowly restricted or took that away. A lot of blacks like to vote absentee or mail in. They restricted that. Meanwhile a lot of the Dems voted this way also. Moving forward to 2020, Chump lost the election and crying that the election was stolen with ne’er evidence. The repubs jump started the voter suppression again, now in 43 states.

This voter suppression does note prevent people to vote. Nobody said that. Is that it is obviously targeting a group, blacks and the Dems and it makes it harder to vote. Making it harder to vote by removing the aforementioned discourages people to vote or stand in long lines when they used to vote at more convenient days or times. A vote not tallied here and there because someone was discouraged or had to work and could not make it to the polls could swing an election.

A response from someone who would never be accused of being smart or a deep thinker.
"Accused" is an unnatural way to articulate that insult, puf. You come across as quite unnatural.

Did you go to Purdue, or are you just a 'fan'?

Changing the laws in of itself is not the issue. The reason why they changes theses laws is the issue.
The issues were debated by the state leg, and then a vote was taken.

As bho said, elections matter. The current state leg was voted in under the previous state voting laws. That is the system.

Reactions: jrcrist
"Accused" is an unnatural way to articulate that insult, puf. You come across as quite unnatural.

Did you go to Purdue, or are you just a 'fan'?
Don’t be such a little bitch, riveting. It’s not my fault you aren’t able to think for yourself.

As bho said, elections matter. The current state leg was voted in under the previous state voting laws. That is the system.
Debated. Lol. You’re funny.

Don’t be such a little bitch, riveting. It’s not my fault you aren’t able to think for yourself.
I can think for myself just fine. The issue I and others on this board have is trying to think for you - that is, trying to decipher your confusion and ignorance.

You didn't go to Purdue, did you puf? Thank goodness.

I enjoy blondes with big breasts and a tight rump, but I’m married to a redhead, so guess what, I’m SOL.

I can think for myself just fine. The issue I and others on this board have is trying to think for you - that is, trying to decipher your confusion and ignorance.

You didn't go to Purdue, did you puf? Thank goodness.
Oh I did. Proudly. You think one just casually becomes a Purdue fan? Come on, even YOU know better than that one, Riveting. Lol.

I was a Purdue fan for 14 years before attending.
I went to middle school and high school in Fort Wayne. At that time, it was pretty much all IU and Notre Dame. I had no connection to Purdue (my mom went to nursing school in upstate NY and my dad went to WVU). and a reason I picked Purdue was because I hated Bob Knight. Lol. I’m not sure why anyone would subject themselves to the torture of Purdue sports, and these messages boards, without going there. 😂

Anyway, back to our regularly scheduled griping.

Of course, Texas is a red state. That is why they voted for this crap.

Changing the laws in of itself is not the issue. The reason why they changes theses laws is the issue. The obvious reason that they changed the laws is because some Republican strategists artfully found a pattern in voting of blacks and the Dems. This started in 2009 after Obama was elected. All of a sudden voter ID became as issue when it was never a problem. Knowing that a lot blacks in urban areas did not have a state issued ID they changed the laws to required ID. At the same time they saw that blacks enjoy voting on Sundays. They called it “Souls to the Polls” because they would go after church to the polls. This was done for decades. They they slowly restricted or took that away. A lot of blacks like to vote absentee or mail in. They restricted that. Meanwhile a lot of the Dems voted this way also. Moving forward to 2020, Chump lost the election and crying that the election was stolen with ne’er evidence. The repubs jump started the voter suppression again, now in 43 states.

This voter suppression does note prevent people to vote. Nobody said that. Is that it is obviously targeting a group, blacks and the Dems and it makes it harder to vote. Making it harder to vote by removing the aforementioned discourages people to vote or stand in long lines when they used to vote at more convenient days or times. A vote not tallied here and there because someone was discouraged or had to work and could not make it to the polls could swing an election.
So there we have it. It's not voter suppression, as you say. You're just pissed because laws were changed that no longer make it as ridiculously and unnecessarily easy to vote. And these changes still don't make it as hard to vote as in other states. When you have data or testimony to support your claims that blacks were targeted, go ahead and attach those as well. In the meantime, you can stop using the word "suppression".

Reactions: bonefish1
So there we have it. It's not voter suppression, as you say. You're just pissed because laws were changed that no longer make it as ridiculously and unnecessarily easy to vote. And these changes still don't make it as hard to vote as in other states. When you have data or testimony to support your claims that blacks were targeted, go ahead and attach those as well. In the meantime, you can stop using the word "suppression".
I thought you didn’t care either way?

The word still applies as they, through these changes laws are trying to reduce or suppress the number of voters in the upcoming elections.

So just to square things away in Texas, you can:

-Carry a gun anywhere without a permit,
-Essentially become a bounty hunter re: abortions,

But you cannot:

-Do things like drop off a mail ballot or register to vote online under the guise of ElECTiOn InTeGrIty even though there’s no voter fraud

Yeah, way to go, Republicans. Focusing on the real important shit.
I am pretty confident that the lack of gun control with the Taliban is much more dangerous to the USA than the lack of gun control in Texas.

Reactions: FreedomWins
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT