ADVERTISEMENT

The Real Election Interference

Boiler Buck

All-American
Mar 11, 2010
The Media Research Center has found evidence that Google has used its algorithm 41 times since 2008 to manipulate web search results favoring it's favorite Left leaning candidates.

I don't think this is new info to the informed. But it's research study that shows the truth. Not sure why anyone would be ok as targets of manipulation.....but I don't see the younger users protesting about it or going to other web browser products in droves. They seem to be happy manipulated sheep.

For those that prefer NO election interference, like many claim here, perhaps other search engines like Duck, Duck Go should be looked into??

Reactions: Boilermaker03
Y’all accuse me of believing what the liberal folks tell me. What you just posted is proof that you believe what you are told to believe by right wing cultists.

• Haha
Y’all accuse me of believing what the liberal folks tell me. What you just posted is proof that you believe what you are told to believe by right wing cultists.

Are you saying this is not true?
One could say that I guess, but it immediately labels you as the happily manipulated sheep I mentioned above.

Are you saying this is not true?
One could say that I guess, but it immediately labels you as the happily manipulated sheep I mentioned above.
I don't believe crap from right leaning media sources. You really need to learn how to critically think for yourself.

• Haha
Reactions: Riveting-
I don't believe crap from right leaning media sources. You really need to learn how to critically think for yourself.

Thank you for your confession that you are an uniformed happily manipulated sheep. But reading your posts here, readers already knew that anyway. Just glad you are getting a glimpse of it now.

Last edited:
It's an opinion piece by Madeleine Hubbard of "Just the News." Ms. Hubbard is about 25 years old, and has never had a job in research or data analytics. She graduated from college in Illinois 3.5 years ago, and got a job as an new employee at Breitbart (does that thing still exist?) for eight months that led to this gig. She's had two years as a "reporter," and before that has never held a job that lasted more than eight months.

That's fine - a new opinion reporter has to start somewhere. But...
  • The supposed "research" that is cited in the article and the linked Fox News report has literally no methodology, and does not describe nor detail any access to Google algorithms, data, metadata, nor analysis of any data or metadata.
So, it is unsourced. Are the article's conclusions true? Yes maybe! And... No maybe not! There is no way of knowing. Yet some will treat it as having evidentiary value.

This can and does happen from any political perspective, and is designed to rally and fire up true believers, to generate clicks and support advertising revenue, and to fool the naïve.

Last edited:
It's an opinion piece by Madeleine Hubbard of "Just the News." Ms. Hubbard is about 25 years old, and has never had a job in research or data analytics. She graduated from college in Illinois 3.5 years ago, and got a job as an new employee at Breitbart (does that thing still exist?) for eight months that led to this gig. She's had two years as a "reporter," and before that has never held a job that lasted more than eight months.

• The supposed "research" that is cited in the article is most certainly not linked.
  • The only thing linked is a Fox News article on the same subject.
    • In that Fox News article? The "research" is again most certainly not linked.
So, it is completely unsourced. Are the article's conclusions true? There is no way of knowing. Yet some will treat it as having evidentiary value.

This can and does happen from any political perspective, and is designed to rally and fire up true believers, to generate clicks and support advertising revenue, and to fool the naïve.

NO, completely wrong.

Original piece about 41 instances of election interference linked in article.
Select "compiled"

Last edited:
NO
Original piece about 41 instances of election interference linked in article.
Select "compiled"

I amended my post slightly after looking for links and finding what you linked.

Your link does not show access to Google data, metadata, nor algorithms. It describes what they believe is correlation. But correlation is not necessarily causation.

1. If humans are involved there can be bias. Whether it be by Google, "newsbusters," a university, or someone's mama.
  2. People also have confirmation bias.
  3. All bias is not equal.
  4. What appears to be biased or unbiased may not be presented in proper context. There are often 'tells'.
    • If research does not have access to best source information? That's a tell.
  5. For instance; "research" of Biden or Trump's potential financial misdeeds without access to and examination of the source financial statements? That's not all that reliable.
  6. For instance; if you think the QAnon Shaman was released from prison early because of an unresearched article? Look at the Bureau of Prison policies; that's the far better evidence.

• The supposed "research" that is cited in the article and the linked Fox News report has literally no methodology, and does not describe nor detail any access to Google algorithms, data, metadata, nor analysis of any data or metadata.
So, it is unsourced. Are the article's conclusions true? Yes maybe! And... No maybe not! There is no way of knowing. Yet some will treat it as having evidentiary value.

Reactions: SKYDOG
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT