Teams by the Statistics:
Butler:

Scoring Offense: 79.1 (55th)
Scoring Defense: 72.5 (176th)
Total Rebounds: 34.32 (236th)
Offensive Rebounds: 9.26 (255th)
Defensive Rebounds: 25.06 (193rd)
3pt FG %: 35.8% (133rd)
Adjusted Offensive Efficiency: 115.7 (25th)
Adjusted Defensive Efficiency: 97 (40th)
Adjusted Efficiency Margin: +18.75

Purdue:
Scoring Offense: 80.9 (37th)
Scoring Defense: 65.1 (22nd)
Total Rebounds: 35.29 (181st)
Offensive Rebounds: 8.52 (288th)
Defensive Rebounds: 26.74 (70th)
3pt FG %: 42% (2nd)
Adjusted Offensive Efficiency: 122.9 (2nd)
Adjusted Defensive Efficiency: 95.8 (25th)
Adjusted Efficiency Margin: +27.02

Prediction:
Although it seems highly unlikely Purdue gets a Willis Reed type moment out of Isaac Haas tomorrow, having the big man go down hopefully provides a bit of inspiration for every one on the roster to not let that define their season and give the big man something to be happy about. How poignant is it that likely the big man who could never seem to be healthy may end up providing the biggest boost to Purdue for the one that finally went down with an injury near the end of his career.

Taylor doesn't have to be special to win tomorrow with the players that still dot the roster for Purdue. Carsen Edwards, Vince Edwards, Dakota Mathias, Ryan Cline, and PJ Thompson could easily all get in to double figures tomorrow given the reliance Purdue will have on the three ball. If that happens and Purdue shows an intense focus on the defensive end to strengthen the loss of Haas, it could provide the boost necessary to get in to the S16 and give them some time to work on the offensive end with a few days of practice/film. If Taylor can come in, provide 10-12 minutes of playing time, rebound the ball, and play good defense, it'll seem like Taylor did so much more.

The key will be in how Purdue operate their offense with Haas not needing to be fed in to the low post. Haarms will be a key in his ability to pick and roll (and even pop) at times but the biggest factor may come down to Nojel Eastern. Eastern's defensive intensity and ability has come to the forefront at the end of the season and if he is able to generate steals, transition buckets, and get in to the lane to attack the rim OR kick out to waiting shooters...it'll go a very long way to Purdue getting a HUGE program victory in the absence of Haas. Not to underscore Boogie and Vince, but we know those two will likely combine for 30 and 12...it'll be up to Mathias, Cline, PJ, and Nojel to pick up the slack in other ways or sharpen their resolve to hit on a all cylinders.

Purdue:76
Butler: 75

Cry havoc, and let slip the dogs of war...

tumblr_inline_nxyxocctOB1twn2nk_500.gif

We win by 10. I have my new Purdue Boxers on. Cute little Petes all over them. I would send a picture of me posing but I don't want to turn your stomachs.Plus it's difficult to take that selfie.

Haas looked uncomfortable in the clips of him shooting those little hook shots. Doubtful he plays moving forward if Purdue wins today. I’d keep dressing him in the event that the game gets out of hand so you can get him on the floor for the final time...just sub him in and right back out so he can go off the court with his fellow seniors.

Reactions: PU pit bull
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT