ADVERTISEMENT

Liberty v. Purdue Game Thread

Great to be able to do these game discussions with you guys again for another year. Wondered if the season would even start.

Happy Thanksgiving to everyone!!
kramer-turkey.gif

You too!

I'm gonna pump the brakes on Wheeler just a bit. Yeah he hit 2 shots. But I thought he looked a little lost on D. And after the bad turnover, everyone else picked him up and he didn't hustle back like Newman did. He did have a nice inside screen to free up Edey for his first dunk.
oh, dude... stop.

There's not brakes to pump. Just enjoy the performance and the season.

Lots to love is this first game. The freshman mostly look good, especially Edey. Once he gets on the radar they'll beat on him just like Haas. But I'm really happy to see Wheeler playing with confidence. I'm glad they picked us 10th. This could be a very fun season. Btfu!
They are already beating on him and he is just playing through it. he is fouled on every touch.

Reactions: Schnelk
I started calling him Big Cat last season, as well as some others on here.
Ever hear of the baseball player Big Cat Williams? That was like in the 80's I think.
Also Chicago Bears OL James "Big Cat" Williams.

I have a slight concern about our free throw shooting. I don't want to go through another year of poor shooting from the line especially from guys who have their hands on the ball a lot down under. I was a little surprised with the 3 point shooting stats of Liberty. It looked to me like they hit everything they threw up. I will be watching Liberty this season because I think they are a good fundamentally sound team. I hope Edey hangs around for four years. He may be another Ralph Sampson. He seems to have a great attitude and is very co-ordinated. He sure doesn't look like a freshman. I hope he works on a 10-12 foot bank shot like Duncan had with the Spurs. I believe he will improve even more game by game and I believe he will be the Big Ten Freshman of the year. Williams looks very trim and moves well. I think this team will improve greatly and surprise many folks. Tonight's game may tell us more about this team's potential but I don't consider Liberty a fluff win. Let's see. I agree, I think this team would benefit greatly from a typical Mackey crowd. Now let's see if Coach can live up to his reputation.

Reactions: Purdue85
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT