ADVERTISEMENT

Is this year's team better than last year's? Maybe.

Abugabby

Junior
Jun 1, 2001
We started 8-0 last year before our first loss and beat #18 NC and #5 Villanova before losing on a mircale shot (and a bad time keeper). This year we are at 10-0 beating #6 Gonzaga and #8 Duke. Tonight's game was ugly, but a W is a W. We should be 13-0 before meeting Rutgers.

This team seems more cohesive and more capable from top to bottom. Last year's team seemed to have a higher ceiling, offensively (early in the year, last year's team was a buzz-saw).

Reactions: Abugabby
We started 8-0 last year before our first loss and beat #18 NC and #5 Villanova before losing on a mircale shot (and a bad time keeper). This year we are at 10-0 beating #6 Gonzaga and #8 Duke. Tonight's game was ugly, but a W is a W. We should be 13-0 before meeting Rutgers.
We lost 5 good players, but added 5 good players… and the 5 players we added seem to fit better with the 5 returning players.

It’s a better “team” this year. As last year went along the more press Ivey got he became a little more of a “me” player. Easy to do I’m sure thinking about what is ahead.

Last year's collection of players was just that, "me players". This year's squad plays together like a team.

Reactions: Abugabby

Rutgers is at home, we saw tonight Big Ten road wins will still be tough. I think our first loss will be at OSU. Being from Ohio, and having many OSU family members I hope I am wrong, that is a big bragging rights game for me but I think we beat Rutgers at Mackey by 10 or so.

It’s a better “team” this year. As last year went along the more press Ivey got he became a little more of a “me” player. Easy to do I’m sure thinking about what is ahead.

No doubt team chemistry is better. I will say there were times that Ivey had to be the guy last year. I am in the camp wishing Ivey was even more agressive at picking his spots.

Hunter/Sasha/IT collectively disappeared in big games down the stretch. This year's supporting cast appears to be much better.

Rutgers is at home, we saw tonight Big Ten road wins will still be tough. I think our first loss will be at OSU. Being from Ohio, and having many OSU family members I hope I am wrong, that is a big bragging rights game for me but I think we beat Rutgers at Mackey by 10 or so.

Rutgers got hosed at the end of that game in Columbus and, I can't believe they don't have a monitor review for something like that. Yeah - Bob - let's check that random no hook/hold or shot clock/goal-tend, but a player steps out of bounds right before the wining shot? Ahh, let's hit the showers and get to our steakhouse reservations.

That's going to be a really tough one for the Boilers coming off a home battle with the Scarlet Knights. Battle of the Z's - Zed and Zachen!

https://www.usatoday.com/story/spor...ferees-error-game-winning-basket/10868283002/

Last edited:
Reactions: Dryfly88
We haven't lost to Rutgers yet, so we got that going for us.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT