ADVERTISEMENT

Iowa v. Purdue (BTT Championship Game Thread)

Where’s all the IT defenders?
Did IT kick your dog? He and SS haven't been playing well. He also beat Iowa the last time out. Quit being so degrading towards a bunch of kids playing for our school.
Does beating your cheat and gloating make you feel good?

Reactions: mathboy
Size or gritty? We need tough gritty guards that is true. We do have to many soft hand guards with no grit. That's why we get beat by pressure and have to many TO's
No. Our 2 pgs weigh 150 and 175. They get beat physically. Neither can create for others, penetrate or finish. Hunter is OK, probably should be coming off the bench like phinesse does. IT just doesn’t belong in the B10.

Did IT kick your dog? He and SS haven't been playing well. He also beat Iowa the last time out. Quit being so degrading towards a bunch of kids playing for our school.
Does beating your cheat and gloating make you feel good?
I feel good when I’m right, which I have been about IT for 2 years. It’s actually Painters fault for recruiting him.

If you're going to turn the ball over 17 times, you're going to have to do everything else right. We didn't hit free throws and we didn't hit threes. If we haven't learned to take care of the ball by now, we're not going to.

It's disappointing that this team missed out on a Big Ten Championship because they couldn't beat Wisconsin and they missed out on a Big Ten Tournament Championship because they couldn't beat Iowa. We have more talent than both, but we're just far less disciplined (which is a rarity for Purdue teams; usually it's the other way around).

I really hope Stefanovic's finger heals quickly. We're going to have to outscore everyone in the tournament or we'll have the expected Purdue quick exit.

Yeah, he must have have around 15 turnovers...such a bad player...oh, never mind...
Painter is allowing the team to flounder when stuff goes sideways. You watched Iowa call a timeout at the end when Purdue went on a 7-0 run to bring it within 1. Then as usual Painter sat on his 3 timeouts as Iowa went on a 9-0 run to close it out. That’s on Painter as he’s done all season. Dear in the headlights and it slips away.

Painter is allowing the team to flounder when stuff goes sideways. You watched Iowa call a timeout at the end when Purdue went on a 7-0 run to bring it within 1. Then as usual Painter sat on his 3 timeouts as Iowa went on a 9-0 run to close it out. That’s on Painter as he’s done all season. Dear in the headlights and it slips away.
I didn’t see Painter turn the ball over 17!!

I feel good when I’m right, which I have been about IT for 2 years. It’s actually Painters fault for recruiting him.
I read this shit after a loss and my uncensored reaction is to tell you to **** OFF. Jesus, let it go. IT made some bad passes but he didn’t make all the turn overs. He didn’t miss all those open threes. Iowa played really well. The refs let them slap at the ball through The Whole game. It was a team loss. They out played us.

Stop making it all about you!

• Haha
Reactions: Brad Logan and BSIT
The guy continued to play IT and Sasha even though they were both absolutely brutal.

Too often, CMP’s teams come up short when it matters most.

Another “good” year with no titles to show for it.

Purdue, baby.
If I was you I would not watch Purdue anymore, Matt is going to be here another 20 years or so.

The sad part is this is the most talent Painter might ever have and we don't win the B10 regular season or the tournament...
This... This is the best Purdue team that has done absolutely nothing in the history of the basketball program... CMP always puts too much faith in certain players and has too short of a leash on others. IMO Newman and Furst needed more playing time this season but didn't get it because they ended up with too short of a leash. 1 mistake and they're pulled from the game. Meanwhile you play IT and he turns the ball over like 4 times in a minute 30... Honestly shocked he hasn't put any weight on at all and still looks like a freshman. Would be different if he could handle the ball but he can't. Honestly anytime I see full court pressure and either of the PG's have the ball I'm fully prepared for a TO. This team is a first round exit waiting to happen... A poor quality of CMP teams since he took over is those times when the team looks like deer in headlights... They bleed points through TO's and just really really poor play and can't seem to correct those issues quickly enough on the fly... Not sure why that has been permeated through the program for so long but it is a consistent problem. It's why they won't see a final 4 or B1G tourney championship for a while... I really like CMP and don't think anyone else would be able to come in and then STAY with any success to the program... Just have to hope, in time, a "Drew Brees" type player can come in and will the team through those issues...

• Love
Reactions: BSIT
Purdue deserves all of this. We did this to ourselves. This group is as stale as it gets.

Early exit in NCAA upcoming, Ivey can get his bag, and we can reset and play team ball with TKR and the other kids coming in.
Here is one guy who thinks we will be better without Ivey!!!!!!!! He is out of box thinker.

I read this shit after a loss and my uncensored reaction is to tell you to **** OFF. Jesus, let it go. IT made some bad passes but he didn’t make all the turn overs. He didn’t miss all those open threes. Iowa played really well. The refs let them slap at the ball through The Whole game. It was a team loss. They out played us.

Stop making it all about you!
Not mad at IT, mad at Painter for putting him on the floor or giving him a scholie.

Reactions: NashvilleBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT