ADVERTISEMENT

How far has your program fallen when you get excited because

So far their “saviors” are all kids who couldn’t get on the floor last year due to injuries or lack of skill. I have read that Anderson will be a double-digit scorer, Hunter will dominate, and Blackman is going to shoot lights out. Combined with TJD, they should place in the top 3-4 of the BIG.

Yep. Seems like it might happen. Of course last year the same might have been said about our team too. It was an undersized Carsen and a bunch of nobodies.

It's the same thing every year. They anoint some player that is going to instantly give them an undefeated season and then every season they end up being a doormat.

They are hands down the most delusional fanbase there is. I mean we have our own set of posters that come here and post nonsense, but not one of them holds a candle to courtsense and his mountain of stupidity.

It's the same thing every year. They anoint some player that is going to instantly give them an undefeated season and then every season they end up being a doormat.

They are hands down the most delusional fanbase there is. I mean we have our own set of posters that come here and post nonsense, but not one of them holds a candle to courtsense and his mountain of stupidity.

I don't complain about it. I just sit back and enjoy....

True enough. It's a comedy that writes itself year after year.
Time after time when I comment on IU twitter or board posts all I hear about are 45+ year old banners they weren't alive to see won. Usually when that's brought up they shut up. If not, I move onto the fact that for most of their lives they've been a worse program than us and that usually does the trick. When it gets hard for us to remember the last time we beat IU i'll probably stop talking trash about them on the internet. While lil Archie is there I feel pretty safe that that won't happen.

vijay is very good as far as walk ons go. Not someone who will play more than 5 minutes a game but still, as long as he is not a total liability its a good get.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
vijay is very good as far as walk ons go. Not someone who will play more than 5 minutes a game but still, as long as he is not a total liability its a good get.
In the same thread, it's reported that Lil' Arch promised VJ that he'd play a lot more this year. You never promise that which you can't deliver. And having watched VJ play, my guess is he won't see 5 minutes a game.

Reactions: chaspark
So far their “saviors” are all kids who couldn’t get on the floor last year due to injuries or lack of skill. I have read that Anderson will be a double-digit scorer, Hunter will dominate, and Blackman is going to shoot lights out. Combined with TJD, they should place in the top 3-4 of the BIG.

Yep. Seems like it might happen. Of course last year the same might have been said about our team too. It was an undersized Carsen and a bunch of nobodies.

Except IU has no Carsen, just the bunch of nobodies. Anything can happen, but I wouldn't call it likely.

Reactions: milkdude
Except IU has no Carsen, just the bunch of nobodies. Anything can happen, but I wouldn't call it likely.
I expect every returning IU player to improve. However, so will every player on every other team (I know there are exceptions). So, the 9th place team improves at roughly the same rate as teams 1-8. Unless that 9th place team adds one or more new players, high impact players, for example like Proctor, the likelihood of changing positions seems small.

I am just not buying that the addition of a player like TJD accelerates IU past the other teams in the BIG that have added similar players as well.

I think IU is in danger of becoming the new Northwestern of he BIG conference. When we beat them for Morton, I think there was no plan B for lil Archie. It is real quiet down there as far as recruiting. Of course the fan base is raising hell.

But to be fair, Vijay is no Grady. Grady would school him if he was still here.
I really don't know, I think the difference is Grady played hard and got better. If Vijay has that determination he could be a contributor as well. I think its too early to say what a 19 year old can do.

Reactions: Lazz81
I think IU is in danger of becoming the new Northwestern of he BIG conference. When we beat them for Morton, I think there was no plan B for lil Archie. It is real quiet down there as far as recruiting. Of course the fan base is raising hell.
Morton was definitely a recruiting loss for IU, however to act like there are no other plan A guys, or even plan B guys considering IU is crazy. IU is in a very good spot with RJ Davis who is the other guard on Morton's AAU team. IU is also in a good spot with Caleb Love.

Apart from those two, you have the two Indiana guards with Leal and Galloway. DJ Steward is a guy we are working on a visit with also.

There are no knowledgeable IU fans thinking Vijay is going to play any sort of role for IU this year. That's not going to happen.

Morton was definitely a recruiting loss for IU, however to act like there are no other plan A guys, or even plan B guys considering IU is crazy. IU is in a very good spot with RJ Davis who is the other guard on Morton's AAU team. IU is also in a good spot with Caleb Love.

Apart from those two, you have the two Indiana guards with Leal and Galloway. DJ Steward is a guy we are working on a visit with also.
Maybe Purdue got their guys so early that it changed my expectations.

There are no knowledgeable IU fans thinking Vijay is going to play any sort of role for IU this year. That's not going to happen.
But the story being given is that he was promised greater opportunities which is why he decided to stay. Does that mean Archie lied to him? Because based upon what your post and what has been reported there is a significant contradiction.

Reactions: PurdueGator
But the story being given is that he was promised greater opportunities which is why he decided to stay. Does that mean Archie lied to him? Because based upon what your post and what has been reported there is a significant contradiction.
Where has that been reported? Can you provide a link? Are you just going off the OP's opinion of why Vijay decided to stay?

If you would like to know what is actually being reported on Vijay, I can provide that. He has not for sure decided whether to return to IU or not. He is still considering options to play on scholarship at smaller D1 schools. Given that IU has two open scholarships for next year, it is likely that Vijay would receive one of those, but it is very unlikely he would see significant game action barring injuries.

You remind me of another IU poster that used to infest this forum.....
As my name suggests, I'm just providing facts on the IU talk in this thread as there seems to be a lot of misinformation flowing around. I'm sure there are no posters here that would purposely start or continue to run with false rumors, so I'm just trying to provide clarity.

As my name suggests, I'm just providing facts on the IU talk in this thread as there seems to be a lot of misinformation flowing around. I'm sure there are no posters here that would purposely start or continue to run with false rumors, so I'm just trying to provide clarity.

As I said, you remind me of another IU poster that used to infest this forum.....

It’s been 10,000 days since IU won a bowl game.
Think about it

That's only 8,817 days longer than another sore subject streak for the Loosiers:

IU_Sucks-1185_zpsmk12lrqd.jpg

(Tip o' the cap to James, Will and Jordyn!)

How is @IUFactChecker "infesting" anything here? Just defending his program and there's nothing wrong with that. Even gave a compliment to Purdue so please don't be the guy who just looks at a username and decides to be a dick just to be a dick.

My comment is for those who have been watching this narrative for awhile. Don't be a dick.

Well since I'm not on our free board often how about explaining it to me.

I couldn't explain it any better than you just did.

If you need help, I'll go back a few posts:

Consider the clown you've chosen to defend had ZERO posts until today, I'm hoping it will be abundantly obvious to you.

I couldn't explain it any better than you just did.

If you need help, I'll go back a few posts:

Consider the clown you've chosen to defend had ZERO posts until today, I'm hoping it will be abundantly obvious to you.
Couple things.
1 - I'm not on the free board here enough to know who would be trolling.
2 - this account has 6 posts. None of them are confrontational

For those reasons I will not blindly judge that poster just because the account was started today. I've never seen anyone start a troll account and then not troll.

If it's supposed to be clear then just call the Poster you keep referencing out. You didn't mind calling the account we are talking about now out so why is it hard to just say?

Reactions: IUFactChecker
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT