ADVERTISEMENT

How far has your program fallen when you get excited because

Couple things.
1 - I'm not on the free board here enough to know who would be trolling.
2 - this account has 6 posts. None of them are confrontational

For those reasons I will not blindly judge that poster just because the account was started today. I've never seen anyone start a troll account and then not troll.

If it's supposed to be clear then just call the Poster you keep referencing out. You didn't mind calling the account we are talking about now out so why is it hard to just say?

I didn't reply like they were .... "confrontational". Never said they were ... "confrontational."

This board is RIFE with troll accounts. If you haven't seen that, you've already admitted, you're not here and you're not seeing it.

So, why continue to pursue it? I've already laid it out for you. It's not debatable.

I DID ... call the Poster (I) keep referencing.

It was YOU who took exception.

It's duly noted, the ONLY follow up (protest?) was from YOU.

I'm not getting why you're so bothered by my remarks.

I didn't reply like they were .... "confrontational". Never said they were ... "confrontational."

This board is RIFE with troll accounts. If you haven't seen that, you've already admitted, you're not here and you're not seeing it.

So, why continue to pursue it? I've already laid it out for you. It's not debatable.

I DID ... call the Poster (I) keep referencing.

It was YOU who took exception.

It's duly noted, the ONLY follow up (protest?) was from YOU.

I'm not getting why you're so bothered by my remarks.

Your first quote to the account was saying he was infesting the board. What does infest mean to you?

What poster does it remind you of? I've never got that answer.

What of the 6 posts were infesting the board? I haven't got that answer either.

Our back and forth came from me saying that the account in question hasn't done anything to be labeled a troll. I suggested you made that claim because of the IU in the name. You say otherwise so I've continuously asked what was the give away.

The answer of "this board is rife with trolls" doesn't prove that this account is one and that way of thinking is a reason that opposing fans on any board get that label. That's why it bothers me. Give me evidence and I'll be happy to Change my opinion.

Your first quote to the account was saying he was infesting the board. What does infest mean to you?

Our back and forth came from me saying that the account in question hasn't done anything to be labeled a troll. I suggested you made that claim because of the IU in the name. You say otherwise so I've continuously asked what was the give away.

The answer of "this board is rife with trolls" doesn't prove that this account is one and that way of thinking is a reason that opposing fans on any board get that label. That's why it bothers me. Give me evidence and I'll be happy to Change my opinion.
You should just go back to the pay board.

I am always suspicious of low-post new people on the board. As 85 says, we have been frequently trolled in the past. Most of those were removed, and consisted of what a poorly educated 12 year old would post on a bad day. I do take some delight in exposing trolls.

So far, fact checker has not posted anything challenging, or even anything overly IU homer-ish. I think we should give this poster a break. If he is a troll, the nonsense will come out. Otherwise, I say let him be. I appreciate different points of view, as long as they are supported by sound argument and logic.

:cool:

Well, clearly there's some rather insidious history here. That much should be abundantly obvious.

This board has a history of IU ... "trolls", using your word ... who hound people if they don't post glowing, positive words about each and every IU recruit/player. A history of ... again, "trolls", using your word ... who infest the forum, then change their login when most everyone has put them on ignore.

Again, you've answered your own question. You can continue to obsess over this all you like. The history is what it is, and you hounding me over it won't change things.

I am always suspicious of low-post new people on the board. As 85 says, we have been frequently trolled in the past. Most of those were removed, and consisted of what a poorly educated 12 year old would post on a bad day. I do take some delight in exposing trolls.

So far, fact checker has not posted anything challenging, or even anything overly IU homer-ish. I think we should give this poster a break. If he is a troll, the nonsense will come out. Otherwise, I say let him be. I appreciate different points of view, as long as they are supported by sound argument and logic.

:cool:

Nonsense is the keyword.

Again, you've answered your own question. You can continue to obsess over this all you like. The history is what it is, and you hounding me over it won't change things.
how did I answer my own question? The two I keep asking are

1 - who does it remind YOU of?
2 - How are the posts that account made "infesting", using your word, the board?

My answers would be
1 - no one
2 - they aren't

But I'm asking YOU since YOU made both claims initially and you have answered neither.

I'll reword and try again

You said the board has a history of IU trolls. What one are you claiming this @IUFactChecker reminded you of?

Once you've answered that

What post of his was the giveaway and in your opinion how was it infesting or damaging the board?

Only thing I'm obsessed with is the fact that you keep neglecting to answer those two questions. This poster could very well turn out to be exactly what you're saying but dismissing new posters from other fanbases because "history" is a really dumb way to go about things. Right now that seems to be what you specifically are doing.

Reactions: IUFactChecker
ESPN posted a discussion about Indiana as part of its "Chasing Ghosts" series.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/26786665/indiana-ever-really-move-bob-knight

It's not bad, and I have to agree that what happened to the program after Sampson now appears draconian in light of more recent scandals. The question about a hypothetical replacement for Archie Miller, on the other hand, is pretty far fetched and points toward ESPN's tendency to over-inflate all things Indiana. (Has ESPN given IU it's annual prime time ACC challenge game against Duke or North Carolina yet?)

how did I answer my own question? The two I keep asking are

1 - who does it remind YOU of?
2 - How are the posts that account made "infesting", using your word, the board?

My answers would be
1 - no one
2 - they aren't

But I'm asking YOU since YOU made both claims initially and you have answered neither.

I'll reword and try again

You said the board has a history of IU trolls. What one are you claiming this @IUFactChecker reminded you of?

Once you've answered that

What post of his was the giveaway and in your opinion how was it infesting or damaging the board?

Only thing I'm obsessed with is the fact that you keep neglecting to answer those two questions. This poster could very well turn out to be exactly what you're saying but dismissing new posters from other fanbases because "history" is a really dumb way to go about things. Right now that seems to be what you specifically are doing.

Re #1, I'll defer for now. (That's my prerogative.)

Re #2, you're clearly not paying attention. I previously wrote that his post REMINDS me of PRIOR users who infested the forum. Here were my specific words: you remind me of another IU poster that used to infest this forum.....

I never made any claims. That's a lie. I made a simple statement.

You're going out of your way to defend someone who created an account... with a name, "IU fact checker" ... solely to come on this forum.

Why wouldn't that person use their normal login? hmmmmmm......

Why is it necessary for the Purdue forum to have an "IU fact checker"? hmmm?

I think you're protesting too much, and obsessing over my simple observation. , which was .... "you remind me of another IU poster that used to infest this forum....."

that's it. And you get this obsessed of a simple sentence. An OBSERVATION.

Re #1, I'll defer for now. (That's my prerogative.)

Re #2, you're clearly not paying attention. I previously wrote that his post REMINDS me of PRIOR users who infested the forum. Here were my specific words: you remind me of another IU poster that used to infest this forum.....

I never made any claims. That's a lie. I made a simple statement.

You're going out of your way to defend someone who created an account... with a name, "IU fact checker" ... solely to come on this forum.

Why wouldn't that person use their normal login? hmmmmmm......

Why is it necessary for the Purdue forum to have an "IU fact checker"? hmmm?

I think you're protesting too much, and obsessing over my simple observation. , which was .... "you remind me of another IU poster that used to infest this forum....."

that's it. And you get this obsessed of a simple sentence. An OBSERVATION.
Seems like you're more obsessed with someones new account that hasn't done anything wrong than I am with your comment.

This conversation isn't going anywhere so I'll just continue giving people a chance before I judge them and let you condemn them before you know any better.

QRGp.gif

Seems like you're more obsessed with someones new account that hasn't done anything wrong than I am with your comment.

This conversation isn't going anywhere so I'll just continue giving people a chance before I judge them and let you condemn them before you know any better.

QRGp.gif

you're a dipstick.

I made a one sentence observation, and you obsessed over it, to the point of blatantly lying about what I wrote.

Where's the lie? I'll take it back if so

Have fun obsessing over possible trolls

you lied when you wrote that I said he infested the board. I didn't.

You lied when you wrote that I called him a troll. I didn't.

It's duly noted, you failed to address any of my questions.

One sentence... one observation: You remind me of another IU poster that used to infest this forum..... That's all. And you pollute the board over that, with your obsession.

Is vijay good enough to be a walk-on at a division one school?

you lied when you wrote that I said he infested the board. I didn't.

You lied when you wrote that I called him a troll. I didn't.

It's duly noted, you failed to address any of my questions.

One sentence... one observation: You remind me of another IU poster that used to infest this forum..... That's all. And you pollute the board over that, with your obsession.
Wow you're sad!

You said he reminded you of someone who used to infest the board. If you aren't insinuating that he's also infesting the board then why bring it up when making the comparison? Just my Observation

If I talk about a person being overweight all day and not say "your fat" to them I guess it would still be a lie if someone said I called the person fat. That's basically what you have done saying things like (reminds me of someone who infested the board, this place is rife with troll accounts) but you are right that you haven't come out and said troll to him. The thing is just like you never specifically called @IUFactChecker a troll, I never specifically said that you did either.

So since I never lied about anything I guess it really does just boil down to my very first impression of you that you wanted to be a dick just to be a dick.

Reactions: IUFactChecker
Where has that been reported? Can you provide a link? Are you just going off the OP's opinion of why Vijay decided to stay?

If you would like to know what is actually being reported on Vijay, I can provide that. He has not for sure decided whether to return to IU or not. He is still considering options to play on scholarship at smaller D1 schools. Given that IU has two open scholarships for next year, it is likely that Vijay would receive one of those, but it is very unlikely he would see significant game action barring injuries.

Since you asked: the provided link is found on the Indiana rivals site. If you read the first post you will see it was reported on Marion sports radio.

https://indiana.forums.rivals.com/threads/vijay-blackmon-is-returning.184248/

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT