ADVERTISEMENT

How did Painter lose Phinesee?

It’s a serious question. Isn’t Phinesee from West Lafayette? I know our consolation prize was Hunter but this Phinesee kid looks a lot better.
No I know, it’s just that this topic has been argued six ways from Sunday on here.

how did Painter not lock this kid down for Purdue. He looks really good as a starter for iu. Taking the game over against PSU.
Another Painter whiff?

Never thought I would see the day when Northwestern was/is more athletic than a Purdue team. Northwestern isn’t just a little more athletic than Purdue...they are A LOT more athletic!

Reactions: DAG10
No kidding. I'm starting to think that one of the reasons CMP can't get some of these recruits to PU is because of the negative recruiting...……..by our own "fans". Praising an IU player while calling one of PU's player a consolation prize...…..that's f*cked up.

This post made me laugh.

Never thought I would see the day when Northwestern was/is more athletic than a Purdue team. Northwestern isn’t just a little more athletic than Purdue...they are A LOT more athletic!
giphy.gif

He went to McCutcheon and wanted to “get away” for college. No whiff if no interest.
No interest because Purdue is generally where Point Guards go to die...including Painter himself for that matter.

I thought I heard a comment on the telecast this weekend that he was the first guy in like since the 40s to go to IU from West Lafayette...pretty crazy.

Are people really getting this worked up about Phinisee? Robert Phinisee? Now, you're just searching.

Who is worked up, other than a blowhard (Pit Bull) who can’t handle himself?

All I read was a simple observation about how it stings losing a player out of your back yard, especially when PG play has been very suspect this year. This board surely ain’t for the faint of heart.

There are plenty of recruits to tie your frustration to with Painter, but Phinisee? GTFO.

You’re delusional if you don’t think Phinisee wouldn’t have helped this team this year. He just had 12/6/5 with 1 TO in his first B10 road game and absolutely single handily won that game for IU. Point guard play for Purdue has been atrocious this year. Phinisee has almost a 3:1 A/TO ratio.

You’re delusional if you don’t think Phinisee wouldn’t have helped this team this year. He just had 12/6/5 with 1 TO in his first B10 road game and absolutely single handily won that game for IU. Point guard play for Purdue has been atrocious this year. Phinisee has almost a 3:1 A/TO ratio.

Yes I’ve seen him play and no, I’m not getting the pitchforks out because he didn’t come to Purdue. Lol.

No interest because Purdue is generally where Point Guards go to die...including Painter himself for that matter.

I thought I heard a comment on the telecast this weekend that he was the first guy in like since the 40s to go to IU from West Lafayette...pretty crazy.
Why do you post something like this? Are you not really a Boilermaker? It seems like you just want to throw dirt at Purdue, regardless of the subject.

Not surprised you were glued to that one.

Reactions: PU pit bull
He went to McCutcheon and wanted to “get away” for college. No whiff if no interest.

I’m willing to bet if there was a coach he wanted to play for who was coaching at Purdue, his desire to “get away” would’ve been lessened.

Painter’s style isn’t exactly every PGs cup of tea.

CMP has wiffed on some PG's
PG in college is the only position where size doesn't matter much. One can go small here.
As long as he is fast with the ball.
That is what I would want.
A quick with the ball PG in college.
Or a big pg like jelly.
I always thought jelly is like tyreke evans
Why did we let bane go?
While not a pg he can score the ball.
I feel like we let a lot of in state players go where they could score some here in the last few years??
How to win at basketball?
Score more points than the other team.
Let's run 4 guards out there if we can't score over 60 points. That's Wisconsin bad -high school bad.
#rantlife

NO, they aren't. Do you even know the definition of the term?

Are people really getting this worked up about Phinisee? Robert Phinisee? Now, you're just searching.

I've watched Philnisee at total of 1.5 times. Last night was the most I've watched of him, against Penn State, who beat VaTech. All I'm saying is the kid looked really solid. Shot with confidence, drove/finished when the opportunity was there, played solid D, I think he had 14 pts or so.
Maybe he played his game of the year and will go backwards from here, but when we're struggling at PG and our Fr PG doesn't look ready, and iu comes into Painter's back yard and steals one, that's hard to understand recruitingwise.

Reactions: BoilerIron
I’m willing to bet if there was a coach he wanted to play for who was coaching at Purdue, his desire to “get away” would’ve been lessened.

Painter’s style isn’t exactly every PGs cup of tea.

All you have to look at is how many PGs Keady and Painter have put in the NBA......PG is the most important position on the floor and definitely the most important in tourney time.
The Keady (and until Carsen) and Painter PG philosophy, except for a few minor exceptions, has been a pass-first, defense first, PG. Not a creator, and not someone who can get points on their own.
This is a philosophy they've both had and IMHO, a big reason they've struggled to recruit highly rated PGs.

Reactions: BoilerDeac
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT