ADVERTISEMENT

Beilein

pubill

Redshirt Freshman
Jan 2, 2021
Anyone else see some of his comments on the Big 10 Network show after our game last night and he repeated it tonight? He stated we should not be celebrating a Co-Championship and said there is a good chance we could lose next 2 games and not get the sole Championship, which he says is all that matters. He seemed to have a little edge about these comments, don't know if it is jealously or he has something against Painter, but struck me as odd how and why he was saying this. Raf Davis was on the desk both times and he seemed to laugh at his comments.

I do think we will have our hands full and more on Tues, but don't see us losing to Wiscy at home the way they are playing.

Anyone else think his comments seemed odd?

Reactions: pboiler18
Anyone else see some of his comments on the Big 10 Network show after our game last night and he repeated it tonight? He stated we should not be celebrating a Co-Championship and said there is a good chance we could lose next 2 games and not get the sole Championship, which he says is all that matters. He seemed to have a little edge about these comments, don't know if it is jealously or he has something against Painter, but struck me as odd how and why he was saying this. Raf Davis was on the desk both times and he seemed to laugh at his comments.

I do think we will have our hands full and more on Tues, but don't see us losing to Wiscy at home the way they are playing.

That is odd. So if there is a tie is he suggesting there is no champion if sole is all that matters?

I mean that's stupid. It counts in the record books as a championship. If Illinois ends up tied, they sure as heck should be celebrating it too.

I mean the B10 could come up with additional tiebreakers if it wanted to and does for the BTT (although IF we lose both of our remaining games and they win both of their remaining games I believe they actually get the first seed).

But the B10 has chosen a co-champ route in that scenario.

And yeah, pretty low odds to lose to Wisconsin at home, particularly if we lose to Illinois on Tuesday.

I don't recall him saying there was a good chance Purdue would lose their last two games. They haven't lost at Mackey and I don't see Wisconsin winning there although as an Illinois fan that would be great for us. I think what he was trying to say is that Purdue shouldn't be satisfied with a tie, and he didn't see Matt Painter being satisfied with it. And I don't know Matt Painter personally, but you know he wants to win the title outright just like any Purdue fan.

Congratulations on a great season and I wish you well in the NCAA tournament. Would love to a big ten team win a championship. Would prefer Illinois but I would take Purdue, which seems more likely to me.

I don't recall him saying there was a good chance Purdue would lose their last two games. They haven't lost at Mackey and I don't see Wisconsin winning there although as an Illinois fan that would be great for us. I think what he was trying to say is that Purdue shouldn't be satisfied with a tie, and he didn't see Matt Painter being satisfied with it. And I don't know Matt Painter personally, but you know he wants to win the title outright just like any Purdue fan.

Congratulations on a great season and I wish you well in the NCAA tournament. Would love to a big ten team win a championship. Would prefer Illinois but I would take Purdue, which seems more likely to me.
It's a championship either way. I think Painter wants to win every game, but I don't think "outright" championship is much more important to him than winning it regardless of it is shared with someone else. Has nothing to do with being "satisfied."

Didn’t he also get asked his comments on the demise of Michigan basketball and basically said “no comment”?

Side note, UM basically fired their strength and conditioning coach after Juwan threatened him. So their 0 tolerance policy for Howard has some gray area.

That's what I thought, too. It's a fair sentiment. Why be satisfied with a tie when Purdue has it in their power to win the title outright?

And, for what it's worth, studio guys have a vested interest in drumming up interest in the last week of the season.

My gut tells me 16-4 outright champs with a loss at Illinois and a win vs. Wisconsin at Mackey.

Didn’t he also get asked his comments on the demise of Michigan basketball and basically said “no comment”?

Side note, UM basically fired their strength and conditioning coach after Juwan threatened him. So their 0 tolerance policy for Howard has some gray area.

Zero tolerance for anyone who Juwan threatens.

Reactions: BoilerAndy

Get off of Beilein's lawn, fellas!

Listen there is no way Purdue is losing at home on senior night just stop Purdue will have the big ten championship by its self
Senior nights are weird sometimes. The players seem to get tight. I remember a senior night against Illinois (2011 or 2012, I believe) where we should have won going away, but Illinois had the lead early and made it uncomfortable until the very end.

Senior nights are weird sometimes. The players seem to get tight. I remember a senior night against Illinois (2011 or 2012, I believe) where we should have won going away, but Illinois had the lead early and made it uncomfortable until the very end.
That's why most teams have moved the ceremony to after the game in recent years. I remember many moons ago RMK was one of the only ones to do that.

I think the policy was:
"If you ever commit violence - threats or actual contact -- against anyone else, SOMEONE will get fired."

An uncomfortable win is still a win. :)

Beilein wasn’t in the studio for the B1G Show on BTN last night. I was hoping he would clarify if Purdue can celebrate being B1G champions now.

Message for you, sir........

d3f216625d2d224dec62ab605071f83fadf9e1b0.gif

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT